• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic DJ Pon-3 Presents The Big Famiboards ST Of MLP

EvilChameleon

Rockenberg Enthusiast
Pronouns
he/him
MLPSTBanner.png

Welcome welcome to the big Famiboards ST for the multimedia franchise that is My Little Pony. Stretching across TV shows, books, movies, comics, and multiple generations since 1981, MLP endures on in the hearts and minds of millions across the globe!

It turns out there's quite a contingent of us fans of the franchise here thanks to all the fun posting in this thread here, so it was time to harness (no pun intended) all that energy into one place for discussion, chat, gifposting and other memes. And that's where this thread comes in!

So in the words of Ms. Harshwhinny; work hard, be bold... wow me!​

The episode "Lesson Zero" was what made me a fan. If you can't laugh at a tiny horse having a mental breakdown, what can you laugh at?

latest

The "Watching the show for the first time and going from '...wait, are they SINGING??' to 'YES! They are singing!'" pipeline.

I could never finish Gen 4's animated series but I gotta admit I enjoyed the Gen 5(4.5?) movie quite a bit. After that I'm lost again. Where are we now?

So of course there's the Gen 5 Movie, A New Generation, which shares some themes with the Downton Abbey movie A New Era, the sequel 3D animated series Make your Mark and the YouTube animated shorts series Tell your Tale.

The ongoing animated series Make your Mark is a Netflix show available now and planned to continue for several seasons.

The ongoing series of shorts last had a release TWO DAYS ago?

I have so much to catch up and I'm not sure I will.

Maybe I've already shown my hand by calling them "Gens" like the pony nerd I once was.

I have never watched MLP but I will admit I listen to music by Vylet Pony bc it goes hard.

DJ Pon-3... now that's a name I haven't heard in a long time...

I'm one of those irritating people that quit watching when Twilight got wings out of spite, but I'm sure the show was fine after that! It was a fun little romp. And despite my hatred for the episode I really loved Celestia's song in it. It was a show with a lot of heart.

Somehow I missed the announcement of this thread even though I contributed to the insanity over in the other one. Oh well, glad to be here.

And in an attempt to stir up some controversy discussion, I'll throw this out there: I like the idea of a Rarity x Spike ship. There's something charmingly innocent about a relationship that starts with "puppy love" infatuation eventually maturing into a lifelong relationship.

I really don't know much about MLP, but I love these panels of Arcee and her wife Greenlight talking to these horses in the crossover comic

de192bba77af6040819e3918350df8a64a3d0e2d.jpg

I really don't know much about MLP, but I love these panels of Arcee and her wife Greenlight talking to these horses in the crossover comic

de192bba77af6040819e3918350df8a64a3d0e2d.jpg

The crossover Transformers and MLP comics were absolutely wild for me as a fan of both series, not going to lie.

I randomly think there's an alternate timeline where the MCU failed and we got the Hasbro Cinematic Universe instead. 😔

The crossover Transformers and MLP comics were absolutely wild for me as a fan of both series, not going to lie.

I randomly think there's an alternate timeline where the MCU failed and we got the Hasbro Cinematic Universe instead. 😔

Well, in the new Transformers movie...

The main character gets recruited into G.I Joe at the end. So who knows how long it'll be until we see Arcee fighting Crasher of the Go-Bots, Soundwave jamming out with Jem and the Holograms, or Starscream outmanoeuvring ROM in an intense game of Clue...

The main character gets recruited into G.I Joe at the end. So who knows how long it'll be until we see Arcee fighting Crasher of the Go-Bots, Soundwave jamming out with Jem and the Holograms, or Starscream outmanoeuvring ROM in an intense game of Clue...

I've watched it and I'm very intrigued for where they go with this. It can either be amazing or an amazing disaster to watch unfold.

Hello Everypony. (^_^)/)

(^^)/)(\(^^)

Bumblebee was absolutely amazing.

That girlboss Decepticon was the coolest

Not to mention those parts on Cybertron! Seeing all the characters in CG, but they actually LOOK like the toys, seeing Shockwave and Soundwave and my fav Arcee... that was amazing!

I thought Bumblebee was great, and Rise of the Beasts was okay.
Same here. IMO Bumblebee is the best Transformers movie after the '86 theatrical one, whereas Rise of the Beasts was simply... there. I'm not sure whether another movie would be great or terrible.

And to get back to MLP here, am I the only person who was disappointed with the MLP movie? Lovely animation, but something about the plot felt off, and I have to admit I can't muster up the enthusiasm to revisit it.

Same here. IMO Bumblebee is the best Transformers movie after the '86 theatrical one, whereas Rise of the Beasts was simply... there. I'm not sure whether another movie would be great or terrible.

And to get back to MLP here, am I the only person who was disappointed with the MLP movie? Lovely animation, but something about the plot felt off, and I have to admit I can't muster up the enthusiasm to revisit it.

There was some stuff I LOVED in Rise of the Beasts, namely Arcee and Nightbird. Arcee had a lot of cool action scenes, and Nightbird's redesign is really awesome looking! What I didn't like so much was

Airrazor got killed off before she could even transform! Treated badly in Beast Wars AND here... also it's dumb how the Maximals don't transform until the very end of the movie. Like, is it suppossed to be a twist? They're Transformers!

I dropped off shortly before the movie came out, so I haven't watched it, but everything's I've heard about it was "It's okay".

In hindsight, Equestria Girls felt more like a 'movie moment', if you ask me.

Since me posting a gif of this pony eventually led me to creating this thread...

They've been teasing Luna, and say in their comments on their website that Sunset Shimmer is coming as well. I have their Starlight Glimmer plush and it is fantastic quality.

Happy to see some Equestria Girls enjoyers here, as that's what my signature quote is from, after all.

Back
Top Bottom