• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Discussion Desert Island: 5 games you get to play for the rest of your life and that's it.

D

Deleted member 386

You find yourself stuck on an island. You have access to everything you need in gaming history to play 5 video games for the rest of your life and that's it.

Which 5 games do you pick?

This includes internet, right? And why isn't this on the main forum page lol

I'd say:
  1. Beat Saber (Valve Index). With internet and mods, I'll have hundreds of hours of content, and it'll help me escape my current reality on the island.
  2. VR Chat (Valve Index). Mostly same as above, plus I get communication with the outside world. Would get lonely on that island by myself.
  3. Minecraft (Valve Index/PC for VR and flat mode). Create my own world, plus a ton of mods and servers.
  4. Planet Coaster (PC). All DLC plus mods, and it'll keep me going when I'm no longer able to do my favorite thing in the world (theme parks) anymore.
  5. Skyrim (Valve Index/PC). Again, a ton of mods and replayability. I'd never be able to do it all. There's entire new games within it now. Plus I can immerse myself in it in VR and download a multiplayer mod to play with people.

Do the games connect online? If so:

1. BotW
2. Skyrim
3. Super Mario Maker 2
4. FF14
5. Splatoon 2

If I have no internet connection:

1. BoTW
2. Skyrim
3. Persona 4 Golden
4. Super Mario Allstars (not 3D Allstars)
5. Xenoblade X

Uff that's really hard to say. Come sometime, every game get's boring. Probably very long games with a lot of replay value

Super Smash Bros Ultimate
Elder Scrolls Skyrim
Civilisation 6 Anthem Edition
Alien Isolation
Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3

Normally I don't like replaying games too much, but the few I've loved to revisit over and over my whole life are:

Chrono Trigger
Yoshi's Island
Sonic 3&Knuckles
Mario 64

Toss Breath of the Wild in there and I think I'd probably be happy to have those five as my forever games.

Super Smash Bros. Melee
Pokemon Soul Silver
Stepmania
Rock Band 3
Soul Calibur III if I can play with other people, Tetris: The Grand Master 3 if I can't

Is my impulse answer? I should probably swap one of the rhythm games for Tetris: The Grand Master 3, but I have a tough time choosing between them and there's just so much content between both of em.

Back
Top Bottom