• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Rumour [DEBUNKED] Twitter user leaked the entire Direct a couple days ago and went unnoticed, shares some unannounced games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Atheerios

Poké Maniac

So a random Twitter account leaked pretty much the entire Direct a few days ago and nobody noticed it. Many would think that they just posted a lot of things and deleted inaccurate predictions, however the fact that they did guess so many small details makes me believe this is real.

Regarding future games:

Set unknown account to private, tweet out dozens (hundreds?) of single prediction tweets before Nintendo Direct, delete all incorrect predictions after Direct airs, make account public, profit

basically, and people fall for it every time

Set unknown account to private, tweet out dozens (hundreds?) of single prediction tweets before Nintendo Direct, delete all incorrect predictions after Direct airs, make account public, profit
Then throw out random shit after the fact to keep people hooked and hope you get lucky with one guess.

Plus this clown made a gamefaqs account to "share" finding this twitter when it didn't get enough attention.

As I said in th other thread the fact that they spread out each little detail into individual tweets absolutely SCREAMS fake. That's what you do when you plan to delete most of your predictions.

Get back to me when a new "insider" predicts the contents of a future Direct in a single tweet.
Yeah, definitely this lol

Luckily for us this comes with a pretty reasonable timer of "is the Encanto game going to be announced in May"? I'd disregard this until then (especially since none of the predictions made for the future are that interesting or new)

Then again, if I was going through with something like this, the idea of planting a single, ludicrous piece of info that I actually had in with a bunch of speculation and bullshit would be pretty appealing.

Get back to me when a new "insider" predicts the contents of a future Direct in a single tweet.
Yeah and they failed to guess any of the surprise reveals MK DLC included. Red flag as hell.

Yup. And somehow it works. "Insiders" are really annoying. I love speculating as much as the next videogame forum user, but when it's based on rumours by people chasing that internet fame, there is no fun in that.

And what's worse, all these "insiders" are NEVER held accountable for the tons of bullshit they bring to the table, but expect tons of praise when they guess (the most predictable shit) right, as if they willed it into the world with their dumb tweets full of bullshit somehow. Ugh.

Short words. Putting each prediction in a separate tweet. Little details. Then after getting the attention dude can’t stop talking

Yeah I'm gonna call major BS on this one. Easiest trick in the book. Separate tweet for each piece of info is a dead giveaway. And none of these were even difficult to predict, they're basically just based on the leaks we already had.

Just to be fair to the user, Wii Sports and Strikers were definitely surprise reveals. They were not leaked or rumored at all, so definitely unsafe predictions.

That being said, it’s still fake.

Just to be fair to the user, Wii Sports and Strikers were definitely surprise reveals. They were not leaked or rumored at all, so definitely unsafe predictions.

That being said, it’s still fake.
They're incredibly easy predictions to make when you've also made a hundred other predictions that you deleted once the account left private status and went public after the Direct.

I guarantee you these were some of the deleted predictions:

New Pilotwings
New Punch-Out!!
New 2D Mario
New 3D Mario
Mario Kart 9
Metroid Prime remake
Metroid Prime 4
Samus Returns HD
New F-Zero
Game Boy NSO

etc. etc. etc.

Let’s just say this individual really did know everything ahead of time - I personally just can’t find the appeal in knowing everything ahead of time. I dunno - I’m not trying to bark at Insiders in general, but, imagine how less of a shock and surprise it would be people if Mario Kart 8 Booster Course Pack was talked about days or weeks in advance. You see it and have more of a “Finally. There it is.” feeling rather than an excited “oh WHAT” feeling.

I’m weird I guess, I just don’t get the hype for being spoiled the surprise haha

And of course Tyler McVicker (ValveNewsNetwork guy) already shared it. I hate how people like him spread so much misinformation over the web and then calls himself journalist.

They're incredibly easy predictions to make when you've also made a hundred other predictions that you deleted once the account left private status and went public after the Direct.

I guarantee you these were some of the deleted predictions:

New Pilotwings
New Punch-Out!!
New 2D Mario
New 3D Mario
Mario Kart 9
Metroid Prime remake
Metroid Prime 4
Samus Returns HD
New F-Zero
Game Boy NSO

etc. etc. etc.
You're definitely right. If I were a leaker and I wanted to remove reasonable doubts I was legitimate, I'd just include a tweet or 2 saying something like, "New Mario Strikers, Kirby Mouthful Mode, Nintendo Switch Sports, Co-op in Splatoon 3, no mention of BOTW2, no Bayonetta 3, 40 minute long direct", and that tweet alone would pretty much confirm I'm legit, instead of breaking up the tweet which can create serious doubts because of deleting.

Obviously fake. Just look at how he suddenly writes longer tweets with much more information in them at once after the fact.

Oh wow

People are saying he's never deleted a tweet lol. But it's incredibly easy to set your account to private, create an incredibly long twitter chain thread that will post all your tweets within seconds of each other, and go back and delete them later. Twitter analytics doesn't track a tweet until they've been made public. So you can safely delete tweets and then go public.

lol and like...asides from the encanto one, none of his future predictions are anything that sounds unrealistic or things that most people could already have guessed. Like, oh wow a New actual Fire Emblem? When Intelligent Systems hasn't made a game in a few years? Wow. So shocking. Another Mario Sports game with drip feed content? Like the previous two? Like...even if they're right, they're so vague or things most people could guess that it really doesn't prove him right. It's just someone clout chasing.

I miss the thread where all these "leaks" were listed and you could easily know which ones were real or not.
Did it make most of the real leakers disappear? Yes, but it was worth it

Dunno, he's pretty specific on some games
Xenoblade 3 being the main one

He probably made a dozen or more XB3 tweets privately, they likely all featured Melia as one of the returning characters, since we've known for a year the voice actor was returning for the new game.

If you're an unknown account and you make a separate tweet for every single thought you have, (making incorrect predictions super easy to delete later) you're bullshitting everyone

Oh, that's actually very clever. This is why I take most everything with a grain of salt.

Yeah, it's also very funny that the only game he was specific on is the only game announced that actually had some information about it leaked. Why not be more specific on Strikers, Sports, etc. ?

And I'm sure he actually tried to do that but deleted all of them because they were wrong.

I also hate that with all the retweets (and even this thread) this user is kind of legitimized and get actually what they want: internet fame. Sigh. "Insiders" man, they suck.

I also hate that with all the retweets (and even this thread) this user is kind of legitimized and get actually what they want: internet fame. Sigh. "Insiders" man, they suck.
Yeah, it's ridiculous. There are quite a few "insiders" who have been proven to know nothing on numerous occasions, yet they STILL receive coverage on sites like NintendoLife, Era, even here.

c'mon people

What like Xenoblade? With details that Imran wrote about months ago?
Didn't know about Imran

He probably made a dozen or more XB3 tweets privately, they likely all featured Melia as one of the returning characters, since we've known for a year the voice actor was returning for the new game.

If you're an unknown account and you make a separate tweet for every single thought you have, (making incorrect predictions super easy to delete later) you're bullshitting everyone
I would have all his free time...

It could be true. But the Xenoblade character and some other predictions was too specific for me to accept this hypothesis. Now I'm a believer....XD

The person would need to do this with a lot of games and a lot of characters and bruteforce the possibilities, the action and the numbers.

Like "BOTW2 will feature Ilia and Anju and Kaepora from previous games".
Like "BOTW2 will kill Link and Zelda from previous games".

Seems like a lot of possibilities to guess and input into Twitter api. Just date and hour would be easy.

EDIT: Somehow I ignored the first paragraph but I still think that would be really difficult to do this.

Last edited:
Let’s just say this individual really did know everything ahead of time - I personally just can’t find the appeal in knowing everything ahead of time. I dunno - I’m not trying to bark at Insiders in general, but, imagine how less of a shock and surprise it would be people if Mario Kart 8 Booster Course Pack was talked about days or weeks in advance. You see it and have more of a “Finally. There it is.” feeling rather than an excited “oh WHAT” feeling.

I’m weird I guess, I just don’t get the hype for being spoiled the surprise haha
I feel the same way. I used to know things. It was less fun. Especially when you know things that will disappoint or frustrate fans and you're waiting for that news to come out. I'm glad to know less now and I usually hope most Nintendo news will not have been leaked.

Thanks I just unfollowed... I am just too noob when it comes to social media.

Another Fire Emblem the same year than Three Hopes?
TP and WW HD when? Because everyone can predict that those are coming to Switch or Switch 2 eventually.

This is a 👎 for me.

Just look at that list of small things. It's like the Random Direct Generator website in Twitter format. No real human types like that if they're not meaning to delete all kinds of stuff :p .

Also if WW and TP come this year... well, I don't want to think about what that'd mean for BotW2 :p .

You all are ruining my hope for a Bandai Namco “Encanto” game 😭
If it makes you feel better, the game wouldn't have been good anyways

Edit: Actually though, like I alluded to earlier I wouldn't be surprised if this was the one true piece of info in a pile of bullshit that inspired this guy to make a fake leak account
It could be true. But the Xenoblade character and some other predictions was too specific for me to accept this hypothesis. Now I'm a believer....XD

The person would need to do this with a lot of games and a lot of characters and bruteforce the possibilities, the action and the numbers.

Like "BOTW2 will feature Ilia and Anju and Kaepora from previous games".
Like "BOTW2 will kill Link and Zelda from previous games".

Seems like a lot of possibilities to guess and input into Twitter api. Just date and hour would be easy.

EDIT: Somehow I ignored the first paragraph but I still think that would be really difficult to do this.
You just need to do the reasonable possibilities, no reason to brute force everything

Stuff like the Xenoblade 3 prediction are a piece of cake, just take what was already rumored about the game (features Melia, takes place far in the future of both games) and input the character combinations that make sense, of which "Melia and Nia" are basically the first or second combination that you come up with (honestly I thought Nia had already been leaked for the game so I was almost completely unsurprised to see her)

This seems incredibly false and created for the sole purpose of being a new twitter leaker websites latch onto but they are saying Wind Waker is coming so i'm believing them.

Edit: Actually though, like I alluded to earlier I wouldn't be surprised if this was the one true piece of info in a pile of bullshit that inspired this guy to make a fake leak account
You know what? If "Bandai-Namco developed, Nintendo published Encanto video game" is the one bonkers kernel of truth outta this whole mess? Screw it. Why the hell not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom