• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

News Dead Cells: Return to Castlevania DLC announced

PixelKnight

Observing the process
Pronouns
He/Him

Dead Cells is still getting major expansions, and Castlevania at that! What a cool nod to an often-referenced influence. I’m not surprised it’s still getting support, it’s a great game. I’ll definitely go back to it for this.

Cool get for that team but man does this feel like Konami biting their thumb at Bloodstained

I played this game at launch. Got exasperated after a while as I do with many rogue-lites, but one of these days I'll probably go back to it on my Steam Deck or something.

i'm surprised Konami didn't just give Motion Twin permission to make a wholly new Castlevania game from scratch, like what's currently happening with the Silent Hill franchise.

i feel like they'd have potential to make a more standard Metroidvania (I.E. a fully pre-built map with no random generation.) title if given the chance.

i feel like they'd have potential to make a more standard Metroidvania (I.E. a fully pre-built map with no random generation.) title if given the chance.
This might be a trial balloon or they are working with the license and this is a byproduct of that

looks so good. honestly they should have just got the license from konami and made a new castlevania release instead of dlc for dead cells.

good news, this is getting a retail release in the form of a bundle containing the base game and all DLC.
Dead-Cells_2023_05-23-23_001-1440x800.jpg

there's also a "Signature Edition" with multiple physical items bundled in.
  • Alternative disc soundtrack featuring 28 original Castlevania tunes reimagined in a Dead Cells style
  • Collection of four enamel pins
  • Exclusive art book
  • Five snapshot photos souvenirs of the Beheaded in Castlevania
  • Lenticular castle card
  • Four Dead Cells: Return to Castlevania postcards featuring printed signatures

Does anyone know if they are done adding dlc to the game now?
I would love to get that physical copy but I don’t want another bit of content to come out later and need to get another complete version of the game

Spam account permanently banned - Aurc
Cool get for that team but man does this feel like Konami biting their thumb at Bloodstained

Back
Top Bottom