• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Rumour Date of next Pokémon Presents seemingly leaked by Pokémon Masters

Pokemaniac

Caught: 1025
Founder

F2JGeEkWsBsn60E.png

The game seemingly has a Pokémon Presents related campaign scheduled to begin on August 8th.

Pokemon usually has a presentation around August. But given the last Direct already had Pokemon stuff in it, it seemed a bit unlikely this year to me.

Pokemon usually has a presentation around August. But given the last Direct already had Pokemon stuff in it, it seemed a bit unlikely this year to me.
They needed another trailer before the Teal Mask releases (assuming it's in the September/October range), the World Championships are coming soon, Pokemon UNITE is having it's second anniversary, and Pokemon SLEEP just released. I think the timing makes sense considering all the stuff they have cooking right now.

So Pokemon Masters would obviously be discussed, but what else could they talk about that are known quantities? SV DLC got detailed in the June Direct, they got a bunch of mobile games between Cafe, Unite, Sleep, and Smile. Maybe more detailed info on Detective Pikachu 2? Would they actually address the Pokemon games on NSO (whether RBY/GSC/Stadium 2)?

So Pokemon Masters would obviously be discussed, but what else could they talk about that are known quantities? SV DLC got detailed in the June Direct, they got a bunch of mobile games between Cafe, Unite, Sleep, and Smile. Maybe more detailed info on Detective Pikachu 2? Would they actually address the Pokemon games on NSO (whether RBY/GSC/Stadium 2)?
There will probably also be something for Pokemon GO, as the GO fest is also in August.

I could maybe see something about Stadium 2, but at this point I don't think the GB/GBA games are coming to NSO. The Pokemon Company likely doesn't want to give up the revenue they could get selling them on the eShop.

Nice, finally time for more copium/hopium that Uchikoshi is really involved in Detective Pikachu 2 and just not joking around as usual to suspicious times.

There will probably also be something for Pokemon GO, as the GO fest is also in August.

I could maybe see something about Stadium 2, but at this point I don't think the GB/GBA games are coming to NSO. The Pokemon Company likely doesn't want to give up the revenue they could get selling them on the eShop.
...how the hell did I forget about Go 😂 I was just playing it not even four hours ago!

I don't doubt there is that potential for revenue to sell it individually, but if that were the path they chose could they still talk about it by now? I'd certainly hope that if they thought they could make a few bucks off a specialized emulator wrapped around these ROMs, they'd add value by ensuring compatibility with the relevant Pokemon games on N64 NSO (at the very least Home connectivity should be a given)

Huffing on that Hopium for a Gen 1-3 NSO announcement. The backwards compatibility update for Pokemon HOME would be a MASSIVE If they add full HOME compatibility not just one way transfering (as in Lets Go)

For the first time ever, we'll have a Kanto game where you can use Gen 2 evolutions like Espeon and Crobat for the main story. FireRed/Leafgreen blocked evolutions until you finish the postgame story. Now, with HOME compatability, the in game trade restrictions can be bypassed, so there'll be full freedom in what Pokemon you can use in Gen 3, which was never possible before without hacking.

It's also pretty wholesome to think that the Mons I've been transfering up since OG Sapphire/Emerald/Leafgreen can go back "home" to Sapphire/Emerald/Leafgreen again if they're compatible. That part likley wont be possible due to lack of Home IDs in older games (and work like Lets Go where it works with lets go only) but it's a cool thought if they can make it work.

Or you can EV train a Charizard in SWSH and transfer it to Emerald where you can use it in the Battle Frontier which would save dozens of hours of doing it in Gen 3.

If this happens (and it's a big if), it's kind of a game changer

...how the hell did I forget about Go 😂 I was just playing it not even four hours ago!

I don't doubt there is that potential for revenue to sell it individually, but if that were the path they chose could they still talk about it by now? I'd certainly hope that if they thought they could make a few bucks off a specialized emulator wrapped around these ROMs, they'd add value by ensuring compatibility with the relevant Pokemon games on N64 NSO (at the very least Home connectivity should be a given)
You would hope, and I wouldn't be surprised if they do connect to the NSO Stadiums. HOME is almost guaranteed given the 3DS ones connected to Bank.

I think there are three options for what TPC is doing with the classic games on Switch:
  • They're putting a little extra work in to them to "justify" them not being on NSO to consumers (ex. making a collection, localizing Green, adding display options, something like that).
  • They're taking a page from Nintendo's book and sitting on them until they have a slower period.
  • They don't care and aren't releasing them lol.

They've shown remarkably little of the SV DLC and DP2, so trailers for those are obvious.

Obligatory mobile game section will be present, possibly with a section on adding Galar Pokémon to Go (for real this time), because that's probably either next season or the one after, looking at what they have left of Alola.

A new, non-mobile spin-off could be announced, but likely not for release this year, given the likely already close proximity of the Teal Mask and DP2.

Emulated titles definitely is a thing they could feature, but not if it's just Stadium 2.

They won’t announce the next mainline game until at least february 2024.
I agree, I don't think it makes sense for them to undercut their DLC sales before the first half even releases.

That said, this is the company that released BDSP and PLA on top of each other lol (though that seemed to work out fine for them).

If talk about NSO does somehow sneak into the Presents, then it would probably just be dating Stadium 2 and/or Trading Card Game. Reveals for any mainline games coming to service would be saved for February for anniversary reasons. I doubt it though: feels more likely that both of those will part of Nintendo's usual YouTube trailer drops for NSO titles. In regards to console stuff, I'm only expecting Detective Pikachu 2 details and a firm release date for The Teal Mask.

Huffing on that Hopium for a Gen 1-3 NSO announcement. The backwards compatibility update for Pokemon HOME would be a MASSIVE If they add full HOME compatibility not just one way transfering (as in Lets Go)

For the first time ever, we'll have a Kanto game where you can use Gen 2 evolutions like Espeon and Crobat for the main story. FireRed/Leafgreen blocked evolutions until you finish the postgame story. Now, with HOME compatability, the in game trade restrictions can be bypassed, so there'll be full freedom in what Pokemon you can use in Gen 3, which was never possible before without hacking.

It's also pretty wholesome to think that the Mons I've been transfering up since OG Sapphire/Emerald/Leafgreen can go back "home" to Sapphire/Emerald/Leafgreen again if they're compatible. That part likley wont be possible due to lack of Home IDs in older games (and work like Lets Go where it works with lets go only) but it's a cool thought if they can make it work.

Or you can EV train a Charizard in SWSH and transfer it to Emerald where you can use it in the Battle Frontier which would save dozens of hours of doing it in Gen 3.

If this happens (and it's a big if), it's kind of a game changer
Yeah, that's probably not happening. The Home 2.0+ compatibility model relies on the games storing a gloablly unique ID generated by the Home servers in the Pokémon data structures so that it can maintain a persistent identity across games. Needless to say, none of the older games support this and it would not be trivial to add it.

The best case scenario is probably free transfers according to the previous compatibility model, where Pokémon can freely move forwards but never backwards.

I'd assume mobile stuff + Teal Mask release date and new info + maybe something on Detective Pikachu 2. I doubt we're getting any other releases this year and August is pretty early to announce something for 2024.

Rillaboom ends on the 6th, so this will probably have the 7☆ Mewtwo raid details. Hopefully they do a Mew distribution to tie in with that

If talk about NSO does somehow sneak into the Presents, then it would probably just be dating Stadium 2 and/or Trading Card Game. Reveals for any mainline games coming to service would be saved for February for anniversary reasons. I doubt it though: feels more likely that both of those will part of Nintendo's usual YouTube trailer drops for NSO titles. In regards to console stuff, I'm only expecting Detective Pikachu 2 details and a firm release date for The Teal Mask.
GS were announced for 3DS VC in a Pokémon Direct (the predecessor to Pokémon Presents) in June 2017. They don't save them specifically for the anniversary, they just frequently host these things on the anniversary.

Yeah, that's probably not happening. The Home 2.0+ compatibility model relies on the games storing a gloablly unique ID generated by the Home servers in the Pokémon data structures so that it can maintain a persistent identity across games. Needless to say, none of the older games support this and it would not be trivial to add it.

The best case scenario is probably free transfers according to the previous compatibility model, where Pokémon can freely move forwards but never backwards.
Makes sense. Though even if it does work like it did before the update, wouldnt that would still bypass the Kanto dex restriction for FireRed/Leafgreen? Even if it means we cant bring in Mons from future games back into it, That's still a pretty huge update.

Like for example: An Umbreon from a completed save of FireRed goes into HOME, and then goes into a pre completed save of Leafgreen. Should work as long as they havent been in future games (Like Lets Go can use Home freely as long as they've never been in games outside of Lets Go)

Makes sense. Though even if it does work like it did before the update, wouldnt that would still bypass the Kanto dex restriction for FireRed/Leafgreen? Even if it means we cant bring in Mons from future games back into it, That's still a pretty huge update.

Like for example: An Umbreon from a completed save of FireRed goes into HOME, and then goes into a pre completed save of Leafgreen. Should work as long as they havent been in future games (Like Lets Go can use Home freely as long as they've never been in games outside of Lets Go)
Could it ignore the restriction? Sure.

Will it ignore the restriction? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Pokémon Home already has the ability to make it so withdrawing a Pokémon into a game is contingent on save file flags (mostly for arbitrary Pokémon Go reasons), and there's not really any comparable restrictions in later games that give an example of how they might handle it.

I think we see the release date or shadow drop of GBC Pokémon TCG.

S/V DLC Trailer, probably focusing on DLC1 and maybe some story for it. POGO for Gofest in August, Sleep 1st Update, Cafe Mix/Masters Updates, New S/V Raid which is Mewtwo, Detective Pikachu 2 (20 Minutes)
Bonus: NSO Content (Gen 1-3? Pinball?) New smaller Spinoff Early 2024 (Doubt, but i can dream)

Anything really noteworthy for new games would be shown in February.

Please, old Pokémon games on switch. I don't care if it is through NSO (unlikely imo), through an independent app tied to the home subs, or purchasable from the eshop. But do it.

I don't expect a full fledged Presents. just a video drop on YouTube about the DLC packs. there are not much to say about that Detective Pikachu sequel but if they have even more games to announce, like that rumored Legends 2, then maybe...

I expect some new pokemon cards and maybe a release date for Pokemon Horizons in english as well as the stop motion pokemon

Early August seems just right for Pokemon as August and September feel like the right months for SV DLC1. They also said they’d talk more about Detective Pikachu 2 more soon so that’s due too. Hoping for a more substantial show than last time.

I hope Detective Pikachu 2 looks better in its next showing
Yeah, same. It was a huge disappointment how... Bland it looked. They didn't even make a model for Detective Pikachu with fur like it had on 3DS(was one of the best looking 3DS games it seems). And the lighting... Ugh.

I'm not holding my breath for it tho.
I don't expect a full fledged Presents. just a video drop on YouTube about the DLC packs. there are not much to say about that Detective Pikachu sequel but if they have even more games to announce, like that rumored Legends 2, then maybe...
Wait, Legends 2 RUMORED??
I thought it was more of an speculation thing or that it came from whos on Twitter?? Is there someone reliable teasing it??

Would be a blast of an announcement. Would be more likely to happen in the February 2024 Presents tho since the SV DLC is not released yet. But... It can be just a story teaser with "2024" in the end and they'd be cool with it. And Legends Arceus itself was announced alongside BDSP and in the previous year of its release, but that was a special case I'll admit. Either way it'd be hype as hell if it happened.

The last Presents was pretty terrible, I wouldn't expect much from this one either. ScaVi DLC, the mobile games, Detective Pikachu 2 and just maybe a spin-off.

Wait, Legends 2 RUMORED??
I thought it was more of an speculation thing or that it came from whos on Twitter?? Is there someone reliable teasing it??

Would be a blast of an announcement. Would be more likely to happen in the February 2024 Presents tho since the SV DLC is not released yet. But... It can be just a story teaser with "2024" in the end and they'd be cool with it. And Legends Arceus itself was announced alongside BDSP and in the previous year of its release, but that was a special case I'll admit. Either way it'd be hype as hell if it happened.
Yeah, legit Pokémon leaker Khu had been hinting something Unova and Legends related separately:
0yte0ig9m0ab1.png

Not sure if they're teasing two separate games, but either Unova remakes or Legends Genesect/Kyurem or even both could be the next announcement.

Expecting:
Updates on Pokemon Go, Pokemon Cafe, Pokemon Masters, Pokemon Unite and Pokemon Sleep

Something related to Pokemon TCG

Maybe something related to the anime?

Trailer for Detective Pikachu Returns

Trailer for Pokemon Scarlet/Violet: The Hidden Treasure of Area Zero DLC with a release date for both waves

Mewtwo Tera raid battle announcement in Pokemon Scarlet/Violet

Mew distribution announcement in Pokemon Scarlet/Violet

I think the people that are expecting big grandiose new game reveals are going to be thoroughly disappointed.

Part of the reason I think people find Pokemon Presents presentations to be disappointing (in my opinion) is because theyre so formulaic. Everytime it's the same formula:
1. 3/4 of the presentation dedicated to mobile games and other free to play spinoffs
2. The rest is dedicated to paid console game spinoffs and mainline games
They always use this exact formula. It works, sure, but it can get stale at times. In comparison Nintendo Directs are much wilder and way more unexpected. You never know what to expect.

... Sorry, I just wanted to rant about that.

The "problem" with Pokemon Presents is that, even if I liked the mobile games they spend 30%-50% of the run time advertising, they never do a good job of getting me excited for those announcements. If you're just going to detail the next event, those segments should be really short and snappy as you're likely not selling many people who weren't already in with the next normal event. IMO if you want to spend time detailing a mobile game update it had better be for a major deal update, something that might sell a non or lapsed player to pick the game up like a brand new Pokemon you can only catch/transfer via the mobile game or a major story update/new mode.

I find it hard to get excited for this on any level when we already know more than enough about both of the DLCs and all of their spinoff efforts are mobile nowadays... I long for the days of Mystery Dungeon and Pokken.

I find it hard to get excited for this on any level when we already know more than enough about both of the DLCs and all of their spinoff efforts are mobile nowadays... I long for the days of Mystery Dungeon and Pokken.
Odds are another MD is happening sooner then later. Much in the same way we got this date leak, there was a leak from the February 23 PP that had Spike Chunsoft listed, though nothing showed up there. New Pokemon Snap was revealed in a Jun-Aug PP for release in the first half of the next year, it's not unreasonable that could happen again.

Not feeling the hype, probably not even gonna watch.

I loved SV bit the DLC did nothing for me so far. I hope for a nice spin off surprise, like New Pokémon Snap. Maybe even Pokémon games on NSO.

I wouldn't have high hopes for this. Considering they showed both the DLC and DP2 on June's direct, they will probably just announce DLC 1 date and mobile stuff. They are not announcing new mainline games like legends until February, and I doubt they will announce another spin off when they just announced DP2.

The only thing they could announce are classic games because I don't see them announcing both classic and new mainline on the same presents on February. But I wouldn't count on it. The presents will probably be meh.

The Presents will be a "deep dive" on Detective Pikachu 2 and DLC (#1, maybe also 2?) with release date, + updates on mobile games.

No new games at 99%

No surprise. The last one was absolute dogshit though. One of the worst presentations in a very long time
Yeah, because of that I really don't expect much from it.
Did it even have anything outside of updates for the mobile games?

edit: I guess the first trailer for the DLCs which showed nothing ingame only artwork.

Yeah that was bad.

No surprise. The last one was absolute dogshit though. One of the worst presentations in a very long time
It would be challenging for them to make another one that bad with the releases of The Teal Mask and Detective Pikachu 2 as close as they are. Not impossible, but challenging.

Cool, maybe they'll patch the most recent games so epileptics can try it out. Oh wait, fuck us cause GF is lazy. Never buying a Pokémon game again.

Back
Top Bottom