• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Fun Club D3 Publisher has made a game based off those infamous fake mobile game ads.

Krvavi Abadas

Mr. Archivist
Pronouns
He/They

switch as well, (US link)

yes, really. it's got all of the famous ones represented. pin pulling, tower shuffling, brick stacking, the whole lot.

the whole thing has a real special zing to it when you remember that D3 was notorious for being one of Japan's largest budget game publishers back in the day. quite a few hits like the Earth Defense Force series in there, but they're generally considered low quality for the most part.
having them, of all publishers. making a parody game based off the modern day equivalent of those budget releases is utterly astounding.

also the developer they enlisted to work on the game is the same company that made the Katamari Damacy remasters. truly an unusual collaboration.

It was already mentioned int the monthly ST, and I think it's a great idead. Making a lot of those mobile games its own kinda wario ware was genious. I already bough it with coins since it's really cheap here in MX, and I'll post my impressions later tonight

This is such a funny idea. I’ll wait to hear how it runs and plays but this seems like a good buy for casual timewasting

Honestly I have enough gold coins that I could get this without spending a penny. If reviews are generally favourable I might actually go for this ahaha

What would sell me 100% is that one minigame where you have people running and you have to choose gates to get more people (adding or multiplying) and better guns/vehicles to mow down zombies/aliens/whatever enemies there are. That would sell me in an instant

So played an hour with this, and it's decent for the price (at least here in Mexico). It's basically a collection of 5 minigames (so far, there are 2 options in the main menu that haven't unlocked) which are the pin puzzle, the number tower puzzle, the parking lot puzzle, the test tube puzzles and one autorunner where you use money to avoid traps.

aCIrJBg.jpg
aFEgSL1.jpg

YLPee9X.jpg
IJFsl8i.jpg

Each game has different levels of challenge that you unlock the higher your IQ is (you gain IQ clearing challenges) so it really makes an honor to the "only genious with 250 IQ can clear this" lol. You also gain money to use in the ingame gacha machine to unlocks designs plates and words for your profile.

And that's it, the title it's really honest in the way that this what you would expect if someone decided to make the games seriously without any monetization or trying to trick you. You start to get hooked (already did like 20 levels of the number towers) and try to get 3 stars in each level. I let my mom play the test tube game and she already cleared half of the levels so it works for whats intended. Hopefully they can add more games via updates

Anyway I beat my record in the parking lot puzzle lvl 6

mjKanaJ.gif

The title of the game alone is what really makes this sing. It rips on current anime/manga/light novel titles by being absurdly long and over-descriptive, it ribs mobile developers for their bait-and-switch, but it also drives home the point of giving the people what they want.

On top of what was mentioned in the OT, it's perfection, I agree.

Honestly I have enough gold coins that I could get this without spending a penny. If reviews are generally favourable I might actually go for this ahaha

What would sell me 100% is that one minigame where you have people running and you have to choose gates to get more people (adding or multiplying) and better guns/vehicles to mow down zombies/aliens/whatever enemies there are. That would sell me in an instant
I don’t think this has this one. But there is a legit Hatsune Miku mobile game using that mechanic

Around level 40 in the pin puzzles and it's getting really challenging to get 3 stars in the first try, they are actually well designed

Back
Top Bottom