• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

News Cruis’n Blast permanently dropped to $20/€20; ONLINE MP & More Content coming- the BEST pure Arcade Racer on Switch!

With gold coins, I can get this for about $15

that's so tempting. but i dont know when I'd actually play it...

WE DID IT GUYS!!

Game must have sold well since today, as he promised in the past if the game went on to selling 500k+, Eugene Jarvis confirmed on a Reddit AMA that online mp is coming and, after that, more content will be added to the game, UZZAH!!! 🤩

Also, game is on an even better sale in NA, 50%off and just $20 for a gem that is all about fun!
Oh please tell me you have a link! I played it with a friend of mine in person back in November but if it's getting online multi that will definitely convince him to pick up the game sooner while it's on sale!

@Brofield

There’s also a Nintendolife news post if your friend doesn’t care for Reddit

Oh yeah, forgot it was that price, it was discounted at the same time in the US, but this time seems US only, maybe it will pop up in a few days :)

Yeah this is a limited time thingie to’ celebrate EJ’s AMA on Reddit, tho it sucks that they didn’t extend it to non-NA territories.

As a bit of a counterpoint, I bought this because many people seem to enjoy it and although I like it, it hasn't really gripped me - despite buying plenty of racers on Switch, looking for that exquisite arcade racer brain feel 🤤.

It feels very much "on-rails", where you always start at the back of the pack and rubber band your way to the top, often overtaking the final opponents just before the end of the track. It feel kind of static this way. There's also not a lot of weight to the cars which makes driving feel a bit inconsequential.

As a bit of a counterpoint, I bought this because many people seem to enjoy it and although I like it, it hasn't really gripped me - despite buying plenty of racers on Switch, looking for that exquisite arcade racer brain feel 🤤.

Ive seen a rumour that Ridge Racer will live again. Maybe 2022 will be that yr? That sounds about right for pubs who by like late 2018 - early 2019 were like "ohshoot this switch thing is gonna be huge aint it, gotta greenlight some new games!"

But rly, mannn Nintendo used to be ace racing game devs. I hope their planned dev capacity expansion allows them to branch back out. Too many compelling IPs and ideas, not enough devs!

Ive seen a rumour that Ridge Racer will live again. Maybe 2022 will be that yr? That sounds about right for pubs who by like late 2018 - early 2019 were like "ohshoot this switch thing is gonna be huge aint it, gotta greenlight some new games!"

But rly, mannn Nintendo used to be ace racing game devs. I hope their planned dev capacity expansion allows them to branch back out. Too many compelling IPs and ideas, not enough devs!
Ohhh I haven't heard much about RR since the rumours that Bandai Namco Singapore were developing something way back when. Would love that to be true!

Regarding Nintendo's arcade racing chops, Mario Kart 8 feels so incredibly right from a game feel and track design point of view. If some of that people would make the time for... well, any one of their dormant racing series, that'd be ace!

Waiting on that sweet AU E-shop deal before I jump in, but bodes well for growing the community around this game, and casual arcade racers in general.

MK8DX is racing perfection, but sometimes you just want something that hits a different spot. I hope this game fills that void (because y'all don't shut up about it).

Hi where did this rumour come from? I hope it's right as I'm sure Bandai Namco could bring many of there games to switch who lot of ridge racers plus ace combat and not just Trials!! I'm so sick of those games!

Nintendo honestly should've just had Monster do F-Zero Wii/3DS. What a waste.
ExciteTruck and ExciteBots was a worthy tradeoff

not to mention DK port and assistance on Tropical Freeze were worthwhile projects

and Xenoblade 3D....well we got more Xenoblade in the end, so there's a positive effect there

ExciteTruck and ExciteBots was a worthy tradeoff

not to mention DK port and assistance on Tropical Freeze were worthwhile projects

and Xenoblade 3D....well we got more Xenoblade in the end, so there's a positive effect there
Oh, I think Nintendo used them well. But the shift from new racers to old ports is what drove Monster off.

This game feels like something I would have rented in the late 90s/early 00s and had an awesome weekend with.

It's surprisingly fun. This is an unabashed, video game ass video game. It's refreshing to see so many unlockables that don't require DLC or a battle pass. I love all the wacky paint schemes. And the unlockable vehicles are hilarious (UFO, helicopter, dinosaur, etc).

That being said, I'm glad I got it on sale. $40 seems steep for the amount of content. I was disappointed to see levels being repeated in later tours. $20 is a great price point.

This made me want Beetle Adventure Racing on NSO+

I got this today and had a blast getting gold medals on all the normal cups. I don’t want to burn through it too quick, but I might 100% it (all golds and keys) in the next two days. Glad y’all were so enthusiastic about it, it never would have been on my radar otherwise.

Thanks for the update! Just bought it digitally, it might be a few days before I have time to play it but I'm not sure how long this sale is.

I suck, got a total of 5th place on the first cup, first 2 races were ok at 2nd then I just started tanking
I was in the same boat until I learned how to drift boost. You can basically snake in this game. Also, save one Nitro boost for the last stretch.

Shame that it doesn't seem to be discounted on the EU eShop. This looks totally up my alley.

I keep bumping this thread but I've been binging this game all weekend. It's been a really stressful year, and sitting at home playing Cruis'n with the wireless N64 controller has been so therapeutic. I recommend trying it out if you have the N64 controller. It works perfectly since you only need a couple buttons.

I keep bumping this thread but I've been binging this game all weekend. It's been a really stressful year, and sitting at home playing Cruis'n with the wireless N64 controller has been so therapeutic. I recommend trying it out if you have the N64 controller. It works perfectly since you only need a couple buttons.
I don't have a NSO N64 controller but this is a great idea!

I hope they also patch in gamma correction when they develop th online MP. The graphics are dissapointing compared to MK8 deluxe, GRID or even Asphalt 9 (free to play grinding Desaster).

how similar is it to excite truck?
They're both wacky arcade racing, but Cruisn feels much more on-rails and straightfoward if that makes sense. That tracks don't have much variety and you can't really crash. From memory, I prefer ExciteTruck but enjoyed both.

Overall I had a great time with Cruisn Blast and I'm glad to see the new price point. $20 is the sweet spot for this game!

I hope they also patch in gamma correction when they develop th online MP. The graphics are dissapointing compared to MK8 deluxe, GRID or even Asphalt 9 (free to play grinding Desaster).
Not every game has to look perfect to be enjoyable. I feel like comparing every racing game to MK8 graphics is pointless.

Hold up, you are telling me I get to cruise and blast for a measly 20 bucks now?

giphy.gif

Finally bought it! I know it's surely going to drop again soon enough at this rate, but I felt that not only is this a great sweet spot, but it's $20 in Canada too, meaning we actually get a far better deal because of it, as I was slightly worried they'd up it to $25 within a day or two to match the 50% drop at the other places (we got it for 60% off).

The main attraction for console Cruisn games are the stunt maps and mode.

Does this game have a playground you can play around in like cruisn San Francisco?

Edit: shit nvm confused this series with San Francisco rush.

Not every game has to look perfect to be enjoyable. I feel like comparing every racing game to MK8 graphics is pointless.

To be fair, the gamma is busted, although it might be deliberate. Weird as hell choice if that’s the case, but it’d be great to have a gamma slider or even a couple lower presets, it’s an easy peasy add but the game would look much better and pop way more.

To be fair, the gamma is busted, although it might be deliberate. Weird as hell choice if that’s the case, but it’d be great to have a gamma slider or even a couple lower presets, it’s an easy peasy add but the game would look much better and pop way more.
Yeah, I'm always going to support more options.

Back
Top Bottom