• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

News Cover Corp (the owners of the Hololive Vtuber group) have established new guidelines allowing fan games to be monetized.

Krvavi Abadas

Mr. Archivist
Pronouns
He/They
In order to co-create with fans and creators around the world, the “Game Creator Support Program” has been created in order to provide an ecosystem that supports ongoing activities from derivative work game creators and to create opportunities to deliver a wide variety of derivative work games that can be accessible to more fans.

• Under the “Game Creator Support Program”, derivative work games will be published on Steam using the “holo Indie” game brand.
  • If a derivative work game is to be released for a fee, please ensure you have completed the “holo Indie Application Form”.
  • Derivative work games published under the “Game Creator Support Program” may be live streamed by our affiliated talents via various streaming platforms such as YouTube or Twitch and such live streams may be monetized.
(the terms)

i'm still not currently a fan of vtubers due to personal reasons, but i figured this should be spread around due to how generous it is. it's fairly close to the hands-off approach the Touhou series is with fan projects.

a few of the more notable Hololive fan games have made statements either praising the decesion or joining the program.

HoloCure is my favorite Vampire Survivors-style of game and I don’t even get 90% of the references because I’m not that familiar with the V-tubers it stars. Would have gladly paid for it to support the devs, it’s a clear passion project. I’m not complaining about it continuing to be a free fangame though.

I honestly think this monetization policy is a great move for making the Hololive brand more popular.

Ooh, nice! Doesn't sound like they're going that route but I've spent enough time on HoloCure that I'd happily buy it if they went paid especially if it meant faster updates.

Back
Top Bottom