• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Cosmic fantasy 1& 2 now Available on the eshop from LRG

sagadego20

Paratroopa
Pronouns
He/Him

But the translation is dry like and a bit machine translated?

50$ for this?

Last edited:

But the translation is dry like and a bit machine translated?

50$ for this?

Fif... Fifty bucks ?! Wow, that's a new high.

And I thought the two Turrican Anthology were already too much at 35 $ each.

For $50 I’d expect more and better for these games than what we got. They must be expecting it to sell really poorly or are super greedy (or both, it can be both)

Really disappointing, I like the bare bones RPGs of this era but I’d at least like save states

e: and I don’t want to support machine translation either

A good amount of footage has gone up from this set and no, it's not machine translated. Seems to be by the same team behind the Valis TLs meaning they're accurate, yet pretty simple translations that won't do anything crazy with jokes or whatnot. Also the intro theme to the first Cosmic Fantasy is completely gone (legal issues, JP ver had it) though CF2's song is intact.

Pretty eager to pick this up from the eShop the next time I get paid.

We love a C-tier 90s anime-style CD RPG. We're talking generic artwork, we're talking slow, DQ clone gameplay, we're talking insanely cool music, we're talking completely unmemorable stories, we're talking about all the budget going to the CGs. That's what we're calling the Vic Ireland special!

Oh hell yeah, super happy to hear that this is not machine translated and sorry for helping to spread that. This is going back on my wishlist, I love me some obscure old JRPGs. hopefully without the part of the Working Designs touch that tends to break difficulty curves or make certain battles unnecessarily hard, thinking back to the one battle in Albert Odyssey on Saturn where the entire party is dead or asleep except for Gryzz because the boss will keep trying to cast status effects on him that he is immune to so he basically solos the fight for like 35 minutes.

which was kind of hilarious, but also tedious.

they did localize a lot of great games that no one else would have back then, though!

Back
Top Bottom