• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Fun Club Consulting with Tarot to reveal the Switch 2 release date.

Tangerine_Cookie

Time to mix drinks and #TrustTheProcess
Pronouns
She/Her
The question of when the next Nintendo Switch hardware in the Nintendo Switch family of systems will release has been one that has been keeping a significant part of the Fami Family for the Famiboards Message Board awake at night until 4 am watching Youtube for clues while playing ranked Splatoon 3 since the beginning of time. The release details of the unannounced console, popularly known only as "Switch 2", "the succ" or "Wii U2" are by now in the top three unanswered questions in the universe's lifetime.

Despite all of our efforts as a community, and despite resorting to arcane arts such as shipping label investigation, following chip manufacturing timelines, triangulating stock exchange movements, and waking up with feelings; we're no closer to ascertaining the true release date for the coveted console in our dreams. We might, in fact, be farther away from the truth, if the recent grim tidings are to be believed.

As a way to help dissipate the turmoil in our hearts and minds, I've set out to use another of the divination tools at our disposal, hoping to help Fami navigate the treacherous waters of 「OLD SHIT YEAR」, one that has successfully guided the brightest heroes in humanity countless times in the past*: Tarot readings.

q0JO5VM.jpg

Welcome to Tangerine Cookie's house of divination!
*: No it hasn't.

We're going to answer the question "What's happening with the Switch 2 launch?" by using a simple three card spread, where the first card represents the current situation; the second card represents the challenges we face; and the final card represents the future outcome of our predicament. We properly cleanse, demagnetize and deodorize our deck; shuffle, scramble and randomize the cards, and draw three of them face down. Then we end our turn without attacking.

DkbXYKU.jpg

Remember to divinate in a well lit room, and take frequent breaks while gazing into the future.
For our first card, we draw... The Sun, reversed.

LQO5juB.jpg

The Sun, normally a card full of positive feelings when upright; represents feelings of loneliness, lingering worries, disappointment, misunderstanding and negativity when reversed. This is a clear reflection of the turmoil in the heart of Fami, permeating several threads where the news of a possible delay on the reveal of the new Nintendo Switch system, part of the Nintendo Switch family of systems, with its negative energies.

Our second card is... the Eight of Pentacles.

9aTlMc8.jpg

The Eight of Pentacles represents craftsmanship, hard work, dedication, and pride on our work. In this context, it's clear why this is a challenge we need to face: The lack of concrete release details with the hanging sword of a possible delay over our heads makes it very hard to put as much effort on making high quality shitposts on Fami. Our promised goal of playing Sushi Strikers in 4k120 while waiting for the bus seems to slide beyond our reach once again, the dark tendrils of actually having to play our backlog while we wait preventing us from enjoying posting new threads about how much money Nintendo is leaving in the table for not releasing that gritty WW2 ARMS reboot.

Four our last card... the Ten of Pentacles.

HBjgAY5.jpg

The Ten of Pentacles represents family, success, security, and wealth. The heart of the cards is laying a blueprint for us to follow to overcome this adversity: Take care of your Fami(ly). Nurture your relationships with them, and help each other face this unfortunate delay in full spirits. Lift each other up, instead of giving in to the dark influence of the doomposting. Because in Fami, we prevail.

And also use the extra time to save up extra money for the launch games and extra pairs of controllers. You wouldn't want for the release day to happen and be forced to choose between Mario Kart 11: Battle Royale and Style Savvy: 4K Fashion, right?

4YXXukT.jpg

Yes, this is a bit. At least in the part where a deck of cards can predict the future, mind you. If someone claims to be able to be able to see into your upcoming life using Tarot, and especially if they want to charge you for it; please disregard it harder than you would Zippo claiming Federation Force 2 is releasing soon.

The use of Tarot traditionally was basically as a Narrative Self Reflection tool. You draw random cards, each with a general mood, feeling or concept associated to it, and try to shove your current situation through them to weave some sort of story for yourself; with the exercise of forcing you to think about your current problems through the optics of those randomly picked cards hopefully making you consider perspectives you hadn't thought about before.

It's also something you can only do for yourself, or for people you're close enough to have an actual idea of what they're going through. Which is why the idea of an stranger using it on your problems without knowing anything about your emotional and thinking processes is, ludicrous.

With that said, I did do an actual random three card draw, I got those three cards, and created a little story with them and a generalized knowledge of the Fami zeitgeist, that doesn't really sound that bad, does it? Everyone is pissed about the Switch 2 possibly arriving later than expected, and that's more than fair. But we're all in this ship, friends. Maybe instead of getting into a collective malding feedback, it's time to start trying to help each other survive the extra months of OG Switch. Make a LTTP thread, pick a multiplayer game back up, create a silly thread about it, post about best way to cook eggs while playing Mario Kart.

Because at the end of the day, life is what happens to you when you're busy making other plans. Or Switch 2 speculation posts.

I love this content.

I'm not overly familiar with tarot, but is a three card spread associated with past, present, future?

The Eight of Pentacles represents craftsmanship, hard work, dedication, and pride on our work.

My interpretation of this is that Nintendo is hard at work and is creating something truly remarkable and have a lot of pride in what they are about to show us!

and the future = success!!

The use of Tarot traditionally was basically as a Narrative Self Reflection tool. You draw random cards, each with a general mood, feeling or concept associated to it, and try to shove your current situation through them to weave some sort of story for yourself; with the exercise of forcing you to think about your current problems through the optics of those randomly picked cards hopefully making you consider perspectives you hadn't thought about before.
I did not know this. That's pretty damn awesome, actually.

So Tarot readings concerning the Switch 2 was not quite on my list of speculation, but you see something new everyday.

Last edited:
Love those cards, I wish I could buy some yugioh card sleeves as cool as those ones.

On topic... Yeap, whenever the console is coming out I am ok. My backlog is huge, I have a lot of yuri anime to read, many anime to watch... release date will be here before we noticed and that's fine.

Last edited:
I'm not overly familiar with tarot, but is a three card spread associated with past, present, future?

I've seen both (Past, Present, Future) and (Present, Challenges, Future) more often, I'd say. But really, you can basically make your own spread if you want and you feel might be better for a given situation.

The Eight of Pentacles represents craftsmanship, hard work, dedication, and pride on our work.

My interpretation of this is that Nintendo is hard at work and is creating something truly remarkable and have a lot of pride in what they are about to show us!

and the future = success!!

And that's also a valid interpretation, because it's your personal one, and it works for you, too! That's part of the beauty of it.

Eight...? Ten...?

TUESDAY OCTOBER 8th, 2024 LEGGO
08883F26F4B2BF9ABC0A5AFBC88E15F82B317712

2024? you forgot the Sun card

if it's October 8th it can't come out until 2028 because that's the next time that date falls on a Sunday

edit: actually it's the Sun reversed card which begs the question what day is the opposite of Sunday? I would probably say Monday if pressed, last day of the weekend vs first business day of the week

which puts us at 2029

Back
Top Bottom