• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Site Event Community Game Challenge - Halloween 2022 | October 10th-November 1st

Status
Not open for further replies.
Claiming for myself a Horror Icon badge for completing The Dark Pictures Anthology: House of Ashes. Credits scene for proof:

2875A6FC-AE09-4EA0-AF3F-2F548C7C8DFA.jpeg

I wrote a small review in the Games Completed thread. Managed to save all the characters except one, which was impressive since I disliked almost all of them…

Here is an entry for Halloween Odyssey:

I thought I was going to have to grind coins to buy a moon because I long ago 100%'ed the game, but it turns out I must have done a casual speedrun at some point, because I had a ton of moons to find. I hope I didn't copy anyone else's look!

That’s a Mumbo’s Pumpkin for myself 🎃

078BE357-3887-44EC-B5A1-A812C05BDB13.png

Not gonna lie, I enjoy playing Banjo Kazooie casually but finding all the notes in this level in one go felt like a chore with… controls that are showing their age. It’s been an interesting undertaking nonetheless and I might just finish the game here sometime soon. Onwards and upwards!

For the next Halloween Contest, you need to make Monster Hunter badges and challenges.

Because i fought Master Rank Rajang in Rise Sunbreak yesterday and boy, that was more scary and stressing than actual horror games.

Ender Lilies has just hit a new low price on the eShop (35% discount), for anyone wanting to squeeze in an attempt at the Reaper of Souls badge.

Tried to do banjo (still may) but can’t with the controls. No clue how people can claim this is better than Mario 64 in any capacity. Will try and squeeze out Luigi’s mansion 3 so I can final finish the game.

Tried to do banjo (still may) but can’t with the controls. No clue how people can claim this is better than Mario 64 in any capacity. Will try and squeeze out Luigi’s mansion 3 so I can final finish the game.

Yeah, I struggled with it because of the controls, too. I don't know if they seemed very good at the time but they have definitely not aged like that.

Yeah, I struggled with it because of the controls, too. I don't know if they seemed very good at the time but they have definitely not aged like that.
Maybe it’s because I grew up playing BK, but I’ve never thought the controls were bad, except maybe for aiming eggs.

I DID IT

I made it through Resident Evil 2 Remake!! I’m so proud of myself. I didn’t know I had it in me! Please ignore the fact that I played on easy mode, with a guide, and used the infinite ammo guns DLC. The game was hard enough for me to get through even with all this help.

I do want to play Claire’s second run soon. And then eventually I’ll play RE3R, and hopefully RE4 before RE4R comes out next year. But I’m getting ahead of myself.

I’m so happy, y’all!

@Josh5890 i think this qualifies for the horror game badge, and also the “play a Resident Evil game” badge?

aNHcREw.jpeg

I beat Silent Hill 2 (Leave ending). Guess that counts as both the horror game and the SH game.

Played the game using the fan made enhanced edition to get it working and looking pretty and it made me wish they'd make the original games more available to play to people before releasing the remakes. These titles, SH2 especially, are far too important to be left as effectively abandonware to be replaced by a modern remake.

Might do a quick RE2R run since the above posts got me in the mood.

Last edited:
365-E7642-148-B-40-D9-990-E-F1-CC11-D64-ED6.jpg

Beat the Resident Evil Remake for the first time! Think that should get me the Resident Evil and Horror games played challenges!

That's it for Bloodborne! Only did the regular ending this time, since I still didn't have that trophy yet:

FgRwS5CUYAEzFG7

FgRwl5OUYAE3NZV

Game is still amazing, and has some beautiful imagery and art direction. Glad I did another playthrough, it had been a couple years.

That's it for Bloodborne! Only did the regular ending this time, since I still didn't have that trophy yet:

FgRwS5CUYAEzFG7

FgRwl5OUYAE3NZV

Game is still amazing, and has some beautiful imagery and art direction. Glad I did another playthrough, it had been a couple years.
From what I understand, Bloodborne is actually unplayable garbage now. Good on you for being able to tolerate it.

Well 12 minutes on the elliptical is my sad pathetic limit for now. On the plus side no physical damage like the bike, just sweating, panting and out of breath. So that’s good. I may just aim for 2 sessions a day for now

Well 12 minutes on the elliptical is my sad pathetic limit for now. On the plus side no physical damage like the bike, just sweating, panting and out of breath. So that’s good. I may just aim for 2 sessions a day for now
I don’t think there’s an exercise badge for this event 😅

F0AC819D-F18E-44A4-9D55-7403834C23DC.jpeg

Boom, Mad Monster Mansion done.

Note for anyone still looking to do this one - don't forget to grab the Running Shoes ability from Gobi's Valley before starting this... you don't want to have to exit the level and reset your note count just because you forgot.

@Spooky Neutral

Two badges with one game - I beat SOTN (for the first time!) and got the Crissaegrim. This was on my backlog for a long, long time and for whatever reason I could never get into it. But this Halloween season it all clicked and wow, what a damn fine game.

IMG_1149.JPEG

IMG_1154.jpeg

Last edited:
Went out for Halloween early this year Friday night, so this weekend has been cozy game time thanks to this challenge!

1. Mumbo’s Pumpkin
Believe it or not, this is actually my first time playing Banjo Kazooie! It’s long been on my backlog thanks to collectathons being my jam, but since I was a Gamecube kid and then didn’t have an Xbox for a while, I missed out on this! I played it via Game Pass / Rare Replay, and the HD port was a beaut. The game has barely aged a day and was a wonderful first experience. After enjoying Yooka-Laylee myself, I get it a bit more why hardcore banjo fans were let down by that one.

This challenge ended up being a bit more than I expected since I went for 100% in every world leading up to this one, with the single exception of Gobi’s Valley which I dipped into just to unlock Turbo Trainers to be able to complete the Mansion. I completed probably about 70% of that world still even though, since I was stubborn to not use a guide and missed Bottles hanging out in plain site in the over world. Low on time I finally did have to resort to looking it up.

Already can’t wait to dive back in to finish this up, and check out Tooie which I understand to be quite different. The impact of this game is no doubt felt nearly 25 years later, especially in Odyssey! But, even that now is 5 years old… jesus. Speaking of which…

2. Halloween Odyssey
An easy challenge, and I couldn’t resist the chance to pop it back in for its 5th birthday! I’ll still need to go back and 100% this some day soon, but a nice little nostalgic romp was enough for me for now. DLC Outfit grind and some dark side art moons are all I think I have left.

76-BF7-B76-7729-4-CEC-84-DD-2-CDCB2-C2-DF9-F.jpg

My costume of choice would have included a skeleton or zombie piece, but I wasn’t about to grind out those coins. So, I went with a chic diddy kong painter beret combo and grabbed one of the darker side hint art moons in NDC, where else!

3. Boo‘s Castle
I revisited 64 a small bit when 3D All-Stars first came out and was pretty impressed how well it held up. Playing this directly after the Banjo port, which itself was from 2008 (tho updated in backwards compat on my Series S I believe), really had me feeling a bit more upset at Nintendo for this… letterboxed and 30 FPS, FFS! Lol. Regardless, the game holds up. This was my first time playing this specific level since, must have been back in 2004 when I first played it on the DS! Again, I didn’t have a 64 growing up so that was my first exposure to this masterpiece.

A244-C0-B5-8144-4-D8-C-9160-B4-AFC1976958.jpg
00-C2-E4-A6-9583-41-DC-BA4-A-A748-FA1482-D8.jpg

Bonus pic of a fun little glitch I had on the 100 coin star. Similar to my Banjo playthrough, this one asked a little more of me in unlocking the Vanish Cap, but it was nice to explore the castle a bit for that. I had already cleared most of the first floor back when this port first released anyhow!

I also wanted to get to Cleaning Up (LM3) in addition to some sort of RE Challenge (RE4VR or RE7), but I’m pretty happy with my results this year. A nice combo of 64-era greats, plus a walk down memory lane with the game carrying on their legacy.

Great idea to accumulate all the challenges year over year, looking forward to this returning next year already! Thanks for the hard work organizing!

Last edited:
View attachment 855

Boom, Mad Monster Mansion done.

Note for anyone still looking to do this one - don't forget to grab the Running Shoes ability from Gobi's Valley before starting this... you don't want to have to exit the level and reset your note count just because you forgot.

@Spooky Neutral
Oh damn, glad I didn’t have to deal with a resetting note count on the Xbox version since I didn’t see this prior!

Happy Halloween Fami!
Happy Halloween everyone and many spooky returns of the day for everyone! 👻

I decided to round up some numbers of the badges for us and these are the most awarded badges so far, with the new badges bolded and underlined:

1. Haunted Castle - 47 members
  2. All Jacked Up - 37 members
  3. Horror Icon - 24 members
  4. Bad Tenant - 18 members
  5. Halloween Odyssey - 17 members
  6. Boo's Castle - 14 members
  7. Crissaegrim Crisis - 10 members
  8. Luigi's Large House - 10 members
  9. Professional Resident - 8 members
  10. Mumbo's Pumpkin - 8 members
  11. Fierce Deity - 4 members
  12. Fellow Shardbinder - 4 members
  13. Quiet Mountain - 2 members
  14. Reaper of Souls - 2 members
  15. Sir Arthur! - 1 member

Which means there are 5 as of yet unclaimed badges, including 1 that is still unclaimed since last year! So, if you need an extra spooky challenge for your Halloween night tonight, you can still become these badges' sole holder:

1667217964488.png

Hey Now, You're a Ten Star
Earn a 10 star ranking in any Silent Hill title

1667218051394.png

Dark Demon
Unlock the true ending in Demon's Crest

1667218226536.png

Cleaning Up
Beat Luigi's Mansion 3 with 100% completion rate

1667218265266.png

Get Me out of Here
Beat Resident Evil 7 in under 4 hours

1667218309630.png

Speedrunner God
Defeat the final boss in Elden Ring in under 20 minutes​

🎃 Good luck, Fami! 🎃

sS4fqVV.jpeg

Knocked out a Resident Evil game too, first time playing since 2020 and I still kind of remembered my routes from when I went for the plat.

These challenges are a fun reason to return to some games or try new ones, next time I'll try and start early and actually beat some games I haven't played before.

I was curious what does 100% mean for Luigi's Mansion 3?

If I have all of the gems, does it count?

Here's a couple:

Mumbo's Pumpkin

IMG-20221031-210934973.jpg

All jacked up. My island is a mess, redecorating
IMG-20221031-210934973.jpg

Last edited:
All Jacked Up complete with more of Jack's crap that I already have duplicates of.

Bad phone photo because sending the pic to my phone is a PITA.

vAgRLsgn7kPOM3VT6zusT35oQYn5TSDhPWuc7CNYLlzmlfPMkgYRBxfSRulQGigjDLEW1PZrsmggIM3DDipJDJpqMIjOcgowkbEpyhNp4P5YKbB_3Q9I-zZiuz1TiU99NSSAqRndKCN1p6r3ZLRuGCn7ui6nJXh4v_sy8Q5fbO-eNDaOuMQ96kpbcEfx-5H4IXWxTZhtkGML5XqijJKIssCqhKTru75O30sGmzi2xvdpgdqmU653CizaljvXT4PyNfQII0zp8Z000NQreb8Hsd0ooTp7VQwg02hJ4PB9FpUWwHI7j3Xq0CoRHN8W4Fb5hF3VOmvZhOuCHUFpq1b4pmfDl0zB2bc4fLsnGs-B4Fshdv_TsX3QUyvLna03YTH4WY4t1HSjKaIVQPpVtEjJwNwyILU8KGAdGHAisYxZb8eqCInfWB_id9bQDZwEAvSx0KFgrsOF2-Cczs0CXcxanK4g6vhO1_xiVw54wZ4Hcnolz_mwMHDiI2R01MkAN4QaYipAg9Zq3meCE-huDQrT6vuroW31xxQXGpt82uf2br9sXggttgyx0Am7jbpTC5134DSV5SrAbVe3vPio64gj0mwVNma9RLlzzEtC7qy-Q2WgL0zbX9ea3d9hozd2d1soTwjT3O819lYzT42xBQlUwIBT9m4Yclg4lGd08Mzq4AY7XzDLvRmUqpcgx9DY3RdJfXb2yzJqcBiPEcaIqO_0f1gim4ahP7xbQ4BZ9svZxI02ApJt4vXnZm7sfFsKZLQ5BpqNikBQ4NVQMLcX-FUPwkbqei9VZnQ6k4C3__H2ipDCe5XxvRAOSeJ5EUXKbSIg4bdgApLJruM64cH9H0HEWOtu3xZS_XEW8bVqvNnWV46v29E2VOcmlUHeb4-Pel_kvuchg3OJ3xoln6rjKj121bqpCxdRZIvKCK5YyoCkY8K4M0Sb=w1245-h937-no

Last edited:
4h6J2zm.jpg

for Halloween Odyssey (hopefully that counts). I considered going for the Banjo-Kazooie one as well, but I didn't really have much time.

We are coming up to the end of the Halloween season. I want to thank everyone who participated and a huge thank you to the staff for helping as well.

This is a wonderful community, and I am glad that we have avenues like community events to share our love of gaming with each other.

Edit- If a badge was missed, please let me know so I can award it out accordingly.

We are coming up to the end of the Halloween season. I want to thank everyone who participated and a huge thank you to the staff for helping as well.

This is a wonderful community, and I am glad that we have avenues like community events to share our love of gaming with each other.

Edit- If a badge was missed, please let me know so I can award it out accordingly.
I don't believe I received my badges. I've been looking around my account and can't find anything anywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom