• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Rumour Chris Dring deleted his twitter after harassment campaign (Update: Back on Twitter, see threadmark)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chris explains account deactivation New
  • new twitter thread

Hello there.

So I deactivated my Twitter account the other day. I didn't think anyone would notice for a while. I've been trying to wean myself off it and I've got a lot going on at the moment. So I thought closing it down for a bit would be a good idea/experiment

I do get some stick from fanboys. It comes with the territory of reporting sales. I know some of the industry's top analysts get it on here, too. I've had fans of all 3 consoles trawl through my tweets looking for confirmation of my bias (ignoring anything that contradicts it)

But I don't write for these people. I don't give them any thought when it comes to what I talk about or share. I don't read forum posts about me, I don't even see 99% of the tweets. So no, I didn't deactivate my account because of any perceived harrassment

I wanted to set that straight. I honestly didn't think you'd notice until it came to charts time. I've had some very lovely comments. It's super kind. I love this business, and I am sure I'll be back shortly to share some articles, some data and maybe some news

And, of course, to hate that console you think I hate

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Back
    Top Bottom