• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Fun Club Canada Releases Emergency Supply of Maple Syrup

Haziqonfire

Toronto Wasteman
Pronouns
He/Him
As a Canadian, I’m very proud of this moment. We’re releasing maple syrup from our emergency reserves due to the shortage. Maple syrup for all!!

I saw this on The Takeout the other day and felt some true Canadian Shame that I didn’t know we had a massive syrup reserve 😄

good, maple syrup is an important part of the Canadian diet no one should be denied it

Do we believe that Belgium will consecutively release their emergency supply of Belgian Waffles? It's only appropriate.

Lol I remember hearing about this emergency supply some years back. I still never really researched how it ever became a thing.

Well that's not nearly as stereotypical.
Oh no it's stereotypical when you realize how much we broken down corn and over produce to create into so many byproducts that make all of our food unhealthy and the vast majority of our food products uses corn in some way. Which in-itself, shows the overall problems with America as it tickles down in so many ways. As opposed to Canada where they... Just have a lot of maple syrup and a reserve for when stocks are low. As for America we have spent an enormous amount of resources to have a sheer abundance of corn for it's versatility as a commercial product to sell to various market sectors.
DurBlYjVsAAoJgE

Oh no it's stereotypical when you realize how much we broken down corn and over produce to create into so many byproducts that make all of our food unhealthy and the vast majority of our food products uses corn in some way. Which in-itself, shows the overall problems with America as it tickles down in so many ways. As opposed to Canada where they... Just have a lot of maple syrup and a reserve for when stocks are low. As for America we have spent an enormous amount of resources to have a sheer abundance of corn for it's versatility as a commercial product to sell to various market sectors.
DurBlYjVsAAoJgE
That's almost too much truth for one post

Lol I remember hearing about this emergency supply some years back. I still never really researched how it ever became a thing.
After you’ve done some quick research about FPAQ (the reason we have a federal reserve of maple syrup) - I would recommend watching the Maple Syrup Heist episode of Dirty Money. It touches on the history of the agreement, and also analyzes how it’s impacted maple syrup farmers in Canada. But more importantly, it covers a massive heist from 2011 when these three guys stole like, $25 million worth of maple syrup from the reserves in Québec. It’s actually such an insane story that I remembered hearing briefly about back in the day, but didn’t realize how serious and intricately executed the entire scheme was until I watched that show. You never think about stuff like that happening here!

Back
Top Bottom