• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Rumour Call Of Duty May Be Coming To Switch.

CODpcSize.jpg
I was never asking for a current gen COD. It was always a remaster older game. This is irrelevant to switch.

It's surprising that the series hasn't appeared on the Switch before, though. The GameCube, Nintendo DS, Wii and Wii U all had Call of Duty games.
And it's not the only series. Tom Clancy has appeared on N64, GBC, GBA, GCN, Wii, DS, 3DS and Wii U and Switch is now the only Nintendo console without it. Why? No idea. Just bring the latest Splinter Cell, Ubisfot. It's that easy.
Isn’t the main reason that CoD hasn’t appeared on Switch is because of storage problems? Mainly the costly cards?
Nate heard a couple years ago that a Call of Duty game was coming to Switch but for some reason that didn't happen. Most likely they tried to port a modern one but failed, much like Ubisoft or Namco. And they didn't feel a campaign only MW remaster would be worth it.

We had a rumor recently that the recent MW1-2 campaign remasters would also be receiving multiplayer modes, maybe that changed Acti's mind on bringing them to Switch. After all, people buy these games for the multiplayer.

At least we have the VERY well done Crysis trilogy on Switch by Sabre to get our shooty bang bang fix.

Remember when Crysis 3 was apparently fully finished for Wii U (edit: or "close to launching") and canned at the 11th hour? Pepperidge Farm remembers.

I don't know if Cod4 Remastered is feasible on switch at 60fps. They'd have to really tone it down. I heard the PS4 version is 1080p and mostly 60fps.

I don't want another 30fps shooter port. Yeah they could definitely get the original cod4 on 360 and make it 1080p and add some touch ups. Whichever one we get, I hope we don't get supply drops.

I'm also down for a console port of cod mobile. Traditional multiplayer mode should easily be 60fps. Battle Royale is probably gonna have to be 30fps.

They haven't said that explicitly, but I think so too.

I doubt it gets ported at 30fps. It's either 60 or no port. This is how EA operates and I would expect the same from Activision for shooters.

And it's not the only series. Tom Clancy has appeared on N64, GBC, GBA, GCN, Wii, DS, 3DS and Wii U and Switch is now the only Nintendo console without it. Why? No idea. Just bring the latest Splinter Cell, Ubisfot. It's that easy.

Nate heard a couple years ago that a Call of Duty game was coming to Switch but for some reason that didn't happen. Most likely they tried to port a modern one but failed, much like Ubisoft or Namco. And they didn't feel a campaign only MW remaster would be worth it.

We had a rumor recently that the recent MW1-2 campaign remasters would also be receiving multiplayer modes, maybe that changed Acti's mind on bringing them to Switch. After all, people buy these games for the multiplayer.
Modern Warfare 1 remastered has from the first day the multiplayer mode

the rumor is about release the multiplayer sections of modern Warfare 2 on the modern warfare 1 multiplayer

Modern Warfare 1 remastered has from the first day the multiplayer mode

the rumor is about release the multiplayer sections of modern Warfare 2 on the modern warfare 1 multiplayer
MW1 Remaster had multiplayer? Hmmm, then it's back to "they didn't ported because they didn't care". Which also makes no sense.

I thought both remasters were campaign only. Having multiplayer in the first one but not in the second one is a super weird decision.

MW1 Remaster had multiplayer? Hmmm, then it's back to "they didn't ported because they didn't care". Which also makes no sense.

I thought both remasters were campaign only. Having multiplayer in the first one but not in the second one is a super weird decision.

The memory size scares me, but this really makes me think about last gen ps4/xbone games in general where it's common to have +50GB games for AAA western third parties and how a big portion of switch gamers want physical over difital. I hope Nintendo addresses this on the Switch successor of course they'll have to compress it to a smaller size.

How big was Cod4 Remastered on xbone and PS4?

The memory size scares me, but this really makes me think about last gen ps4/xbone games in general where it's common to have +50GB games for AAA western third parties and how a big portion of switch gamers want physical over difital. I hope Nintendo addresses this on the Switch successor of course they'll have to compress it to a smaller size.

How big was Cod4 Remastered on xbone and PS4?
Its 39.18 GB. The campaign is playable at 10.61GB

MW2 Remaster is 44.1GB. Its only campaign. Though datamining, it suggests multiplayer and spec-ops are hidden in games files.

An hypothetical MW3 Remaster will likely have the same +40GB file size. (~10GB campaign, ~30GB multiplayer).

COD traditional big file sizes this generation is likely because developers don’t compressed any data like textures, audio, assets, etc.

Still, be preparing your SD Cards lol.

Last edited:
Quoted by: SiG
Its 39.18 GB. The campaign is playable at 10.61GB

MW2 Remaster is 44.1GB. Its only campaign. Though datamining, it suggests multiplayer and spec-ops are hidden in games files.

An hypothetical MW3 Remaster will likely have the same +40GB file size. (~10GB campaign, ~30GB multiplayer).

COD traditional big file sizes this generation is likely because developers don’t compressed any data like textures, audio, assets, etc.

Still, be preparing your SD Cards lol.
I think it also has to do with texture and asset sizes as well. If they're going to be reduced, I expect a drop in install sizes too. There's already precedence for this given how Switch's "impossible ports" all seem to have smaller file sizes.

I also expect the port to be handed yet again to a porting dev such as Saber Interactive, Panic Button, Iron Galaxy, QLOC, Feral Interactive, or Virtuos. Unless they pull an A4 Games/Tripwire Interactive and handle the port themselves.

Don’t think the thread is based on you or your wants, mate.
The graphic about cod storage is what I was saying. Its irrelevant to switch because most reasonable people weren’t asking for the most current COD on switch. All we wasted was a remaster of an older game made with love.

The graphic about cod storage is what I was saying. Its irrelevant to switch because most reasonable people weren’t asking for the most current COD on switch. All we wasted was a remaster of an older game made with love.

Could be relevant to an upgraded DLSS Switch though and how cartridge size may still be an issue despite extra power.

If there's a kickback from online services, CoD coming to Switch could make sense as Nintendo had said it was going to spend around $2.6 billion over the next 5 years to improve the service.

So, this could all be a glitch which would means this would be nothing, but for some reason the Activision page for the COD: Black Ops 4 server status webpage now includes the Switch as an active platform as well. Weird, as the original rumor said Modern Warfare Remastered would be the game to be ported over (which makes me lean towards this being an error more than anything), but who knows!
From the other thread. This could be a pretty big curveball.

From the other thread. This could be a pretty big curveball.
Coincidentally, Call of Duty Black Ops IIII was the CoD game for the year Nate hinted that a CoD game is coming to a Switch (2018). Maybe it was in the works but got cancelled? Maybe they're reviving the project?

Coincidentally, Call of Duty Black Ops IIII was the CoD game for the year Nate hinted that a CoD game is coming to a Switch (2018). Maybe it was in the works but got cancelled? Maybe they're reviving the project?
Would be weird as hell but this is Activision after all.

MWremastered may not be the only CoD they're thinking of bringing.

Like lmao out of all the games to port, why this one? Why not Modern Warfare Remastered or WWII or any of the earlier games?
Maybe because of Blackout mode? But if they wanted a battle royale COD on the Switch, well, hello, Warzone is right there!

Wait a second, isn't Modern Warfare Remastered single player only? Or there's a single player only version of it? They could port that for the single player, Black Ops 4 for the multiplayer, and charge 60 for each. That seems like something Activision would do.

Wait a second, isn't Modern Warfare Remastered single player only? Or there's a single player only version of it? They could port that for the single player, Black Ops 4 for the multiplayer, and charge 60 for each. That seems like something Activision would do.
MWremastered have online player

but Black ops 4 have a mode that is likely a battle royale mode.

There is also the possibility that one port is for this year and the other for the next. Being an annual saga it shouldn't be surprising

Blackout map was ported to COD Mobile 6 months ago (september 2021), but don't know if its exactly the same layeout.

A BO4 port would sound extremely late, considering COD is an annual IP but its iirc its a very complete COD title (with DLC included) as it contains multiplayer, zombies and battle royale modes. They can covered up the lack of campaign with Modern Warfare Remastered trilogy lol.

In addition, aren't treyach the most nintendo fanboys of the three main COD studios? maybe they persued Acti-Blizzard to greenlight a Switch port of COD BO4.

But as always I assumed this was a simple mistake.

I’d pick up BOIIII assuming price parity with other versions. ☺️

I'm pretty sure that would still sell well since CoD is highly requested on Switch.
I’m sure it would since that is not what I am disputing. I guess it could underperform but that would take massively screwing up on multiple fronts. For me it wouldn’t surprise me if they did port that one but also still kept the Wii graphics like Force Unleashed.

why would they even port Black Ops 4? that proto-Warzone that's not supported anymore. if switch gets CoD, it sure as hell won't be that

why would they even port Black Ops 4? that proto-Warzone that's not supported anymore. if switch gets CoD, it sure as hell won't be that
It probably was the CoD game Activision tried to bring to Switch but failed. It's a Treyarch game after all, they did the all the CoD porting to Nintendo platforms.

The game probably was up and running with online servers and all. This is most likely a remnant of that attempt.

Back
Top Bottom