• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Rumour Call Of Duty May Be Coming To Switch.

MMXZero

Moblin
Pronouns
He/him

Not sure about credibility, but we've had these rumors before.

Also, not sure if threads about Activision are allowed, if not mods lock it up.

Just give us a port of CoD Mobile and keep update parity with the phone version.

The twist is that MWR is Modern Warfare Reflex, it's a port of the Wii version.
This is a joke about The Force Unleashed, if it wasn't obvious.
If it brought back IR controls then I would say that is the best version outside PC. But I find it sad that it takes Activision eventually being owned by another company to even get COD on the system. Can’t wait to see if Switch will actually get a parity FIFA game because of the rumored tensions between EA & FIFA.

I think these remasters will focus on the single player campaigns and the multiplayer maps will be released as legacy maps on the lastest mainline COD.

There is also a mobile version of Warzone in development, hopefully this one hits Switch.

My Switch is ready for Modern Warfare Trilogy remastered (sadly my MicroSD not :( )

ps: i find it hilarious that switch is getting their first cod at the end of its 6th year.

Please be legit.. I'm a little confused though. Is that tweet implying all those games are coming to Switch, or only Modern Warfare Remastered?

If we do get the other games, I imagine they are 360 ports.

Please be legit.. I'm a little confused though. Is that tweet implying all those games are coming to Switch, or only Modern Warfare Remastered?

I believe it’s just Modern Warfare Remastered. Those other games are just being considered for right now.

Oh please be true, COD4 is legit one of the greatest games of all time and I haven't played a COD since lol.

Source is a little sketchy, the "they are considering" thing always is a massive red flag. Someone legit needs to corroborate on this.

I usually get one CoD per console so I'd be down for this.

But who is this guy and why is his rumour credible?

MW on switch, even if it’s just MWR, would be amazing

COD on the go is a fantastic pull

that they hadn't made a handheld cod for switch yet has been one of the most baffling things about this generation.

legit if they announced blops2 for switch, i'd put like 100 hours into that lol.

Meh, we heard the same about WWII back in 2017 and BLOPS IV in 2018. Not happening imo.
To be COMPLETELY fair, those two specific rumors were spread by Marcus Sellars back in the day, an absolute fraud. This guy right here had some things right about COD content, but I'm remaining cautiously optimistic as well.

But.. curious to see how this pans out, especially for anything not in motion as of the MS acquisition.

God this song specifically has been stuck in my head for the past two months. Which isn't a bad thing. It's a great song. You're just in my head is all

I'm not sure how good this source is, but remasters of past CoD games to fill the gaps in their release schedule make so much sense they're probably going to happen.

Also, 2023 is the 20th anniversary of the franchise, I don't think that's going to be the first year they just don't release anything.

Who knows if this is true by the source, but MW Remastered was always the best possible first outing of Call of Duty on Switch. I'll honestly probably get it.

I haven't played these in ages. Do they still use real-life guns that they have to pay gun manufacturers for?
They no longer do that and mainly because of that newer games usually have alternate timeline/scifi theme. But they did have licensed firearms in original MW trilogy. If they're bringing them back fully intact, they might have to pay for them again.

I'm not sure how good this source is, but remasters of past CoD games to fill the gaps in their release schedule make so much sense they're probably going to happen.

Also, 2023 is the 20th anniversary of the franchise, I don't think that's going to be the first year they just don't release anything.
mid 2024 is also 80th anniversary of “Day D”, thats an important day for american history i think.

It can be a great occasion to release a package of COD 1+2 campaigns, there are both WW2 based. Its also possible to add World at War (also from WW2 but its part of Black Ops storyline) for the full “WW2 trilogy”.

and finally, i’m surprised there is no interest on EA on re-releasing old Battlefield titles like Bad Company 1/2 or 3.

What I got from the thread is that they're preparing remasters of old CoD games to fill the gaps between new mainline entries, that for all current consoles (PS4/5, XBONE/SERIES), backwards compatibility of Modern Warfare Remastered (with enhancements patch?) for PS5/Xbox Series.

And a port of Modern Warfare Remastered for the Switch (iirc the game is labeled as "remastered" but it's more of a remake?) is in the works.

Nothing prevents them from releasing the CoD 1 and 2 remasters for Switch too tho unless they're literally remakes using current gen CoD graphics.

Not rumored (I think?) but not release CoD Mobile for the Switch is a missed opportunity.

To be COMPLETELY fair, those two specific rumors were spread by Marcus Sellars back in the day, an absolute fraud. This guy right here had some things right about COD content, but I'm remaining cautiously optimistic as well.
I see, thanks you for this info. I'll be cautiously optimistic too then. Wait for upcoming Directs I guess.

So weird how there still hasn't been a Call of Duty on the Switch yet considering its success.

Hell, even the Wii U got two of them in its first two years

The source is pretty sketch

Only credibility comes from other sketchy COD insiders saying they have sources

Otherwise they have said some demonstrably false things like BioShock 4 at the Game Awards

All I’ve been saying and asking for since switch launched. A well developed COD would do SO fucking well on switch. Always annoyed me when people acted like I was asking for too much. 🤦🏾‍♂️REALLY HOPE THIS IS TRUE.

Like, how hard is it to take Modern Warfare 1 and 2 and maybe Black Ops 2, using the OG PS360 versions, making them run on Switch at a locked 1080p docked/720p portable and 60fps, all DLC and online multiplayer intact, and calling it a day?

Literal money printer right there. You literally don't need to down-port the PS4-era games, all the PS360 games are perfectly adequate. Ubisoft (of all folks...) did it mostly right with the Assassin's Creed games.

Like, how hard is it to take Modern Warfare 1 and 2 and maybe Black Ops 2, using the OG PS360 versions, making them run on Switch at a locked 1080p docked/720p portable and 60fps, all DLC and online multiplayer intact, and calling it a day?

Literal money printer right there. You literally don't need to down-port the PS4-era games, all the PS360 games are perfectly adequate. Ubisoft (of all folks...) did it mostly right with the Assassin's Creed games.

I think we'll see more of this as you said. After people saw how GTA remaster did on Switch, I feel like this will happen more often now. Crysis, Assassin's creed and a few others went ahead of the curve on this trend.

We had one rumor Call of Duty coming to Switch in the past. Nate had heard in 2019 that it was in the works. But something must have happened, causing Activision cancelling/abandoning it. We may never know what it was...

We had one rumor Call of Duty coming to Switch in the past. Nate had heard in 2019 that it was in the works. But something must have happened, causing Activision cancelling/abandoning it. We may never know what it was...
It's possible Covid could have delayed the release.

I was saying this shit for years even on the old site and told to fuck off basically. If it was a good business decision Activision would have done it. Also switch online wasn’t modern enough. 🤦🏾‍♂️

I was saying this shit for years even on the old site and told to fuck off basically. If it was a good business decision Activision would have done it. Also switch online wasn’t modern enough. 🤦🏾‍♂️
Lol, whenever something isn't on Switch by a 3rd party, that's what everyone says, as if businesses can't make bad decisions

Lol, whenever something isn't on Switch by a 3rd party, that's what everyone says, as if businesses can't make bad decisions
COD holds a special place though. I’ve never seen a franchise so despised coming to the console. It’s like people detest it’s existence on switch for some reason. It’s my personal most wanted franchise on the switch.

COD holds a special place though. I’ve never seen a franchise so despised coming to the console. It’s like people detest it’s existence on switch for some reason. It’s my personal most wanted franchise on the switch.
Really? I kinda figured something like Persona 5 would be that. I remember a lot of folk elsewhere being happy that it didn't get a Switch port

I am very sceptical about the source at the moment. The person has not yet established a reputation as an insider.

I think NateDrake or Emily had heard rumours of a potential Call of Duty on the Switch in 2018 or so. So there are earlier indications from reliable insiders that Activision has at least considered bringing the series to the Switch.

It's surprising that the series hasn't appeared on the Switch before, though. The GameCube, Nintendo DS, Wii and Wii U all had Call of Duty games.

I don't know if Cod4 Remastered is feasible on switch at 60fps. They'd have to really tone it down. I heard the PS4 version is 1080p and mostly 60fps.

I don't want another 30fps shooter port. Yeah they could definitely get the original cod4 on 360 and make it 1080p and add some touch ups. Whichever one we get, I hope we don't get supply drops.

I'm also down for a console port of cod mobile. Traditional multiplayer mode should easily be 60fps. Battle Royale is probably gonna have to be 30fps.

Isn’t the main reason that CoD hasn’t appeared on Switch is because of storage problems? Mainly the costly cards?
They haven't said that explicitly, but I think so too.

CODpcSize.jpg

Back
Top Bottom