• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

News BREAKING TEXAS IS NOW THE HOSTILE STATE FOR TRANSGENDER KIDS

• Thread starter Deleted member 1250
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 1250

Greg Abbot has officially directed Family and Protective Services to begin investigating all trans children in Texas and prosecuting their parents as child abusers.

get the hell out of texas now!

Absolutely vile shit. Fuck the Republican Party.

This is so, so incredibly grim. Just heartbreaking.

And of course Bell vs Tavistock (a UK court case) is cited. The rampant transphobia in the UK has dire consequences.

here is a thread with some links with how to help

This is horrifying stuff and obviously it's enabled by UK "gender critical" moral panics

These are Nazi methods. No hyperbole, nothing to exaggerate. Straight-up forcing non-officials to spy on and denounce members of their community - members whom they nominally would have the duty to protect and care for - while threatening their livelihood is Nazi methodology.

I hope some brave souls will not give in to this vile madness. And I hope those who get a chance to escape it, will. And I really, really hope, that someday someone, no matter where, will have the power and compassion to end it.

This is so insanely fucked up and horrifying. Living in a purple state, this is the kind of stuff I worry about in the future. I have a baby, I donā€™t know what kind of kid he will be or what kind of support he will need from us. To think that one day the government could come after me for loving my child and trying to make them happy is so frightening and disturbing.

Seriously fuck all Republicans. This is why as much as I find the Democratic Party frustrating and discouraging at times, I vote in every local election I can and pull the lever for Dems. Democrats holding office and literally doing nothing is better than this nazi shit. That millions and millions of people genuinely support the Republican party is disturbing.

As a teacher, the idea of turning in vulnerable youths who are in the middle of developing their personal identify is absolutely disgusting.

May these bastards reap some truly terrible outcomes.

Do not mince words about this: This is genocide.

This is genocide. It is genocide and should be resisted by whatever means necessary. Join anti-fascist orgs, organize with your communities. Bash the fash

This shit sucks. I wonder what's going to happen as Texas continues to have people from blue states move their for tax breaks, only for it to become basically non-livable for increasingly large amounts of the population.

Texas currently has over 10 anti transgender bills designed to strip trans people of their healthcare, legalize discrimination and ban them from competing in sports. HB1458 would force children to undergo invasive tests such as a genital exam in order to determine which sports team the individual belongs on. These test could be required of non transgender individuals who are presumed to be transgender based upon their height or other characteristics that have nothing to do with gender.

In order to protect everyone, we must stop this bill from going into affect. SB29, SB373 and HB4042 all require a trans individual to compete on the team that aligns with their original birth certificate. This would mean that if an error is made on a non-transgender personā€™s birth certificate, no corrections would be considered when that child is placed on a sports team. Studies have also shown that there is no competitive advantage between cis and trans women that is not already observed between teams that only contain cisgender women.

Directing already strained resources away from investigating actual cases of abuse towards harassment of parents who love and affirm their trans children is nothing short of abhorrent and criminal.

Federal government needs to step in here.

Seems counter to the freedoms you'd expect but "saving children" is used to push shitty laws the world over.

Let's call this what it is. A genocidal war on trans kids, and pre-emptive to a war on all trans people in the country. Any single person that is along with this is a war criminal.

Edit-also title should probably change because this doesn't do justice to the evil at hand.

Last edited:
My sincerest condolences to those of you still living in Texas. We are heading for some dark times, and it sucks to feel this powerless.

The same shitty conservative playlist they always drag out to get their fascism out on display.

All my love and solidarity with the trans people of Texas and all the states trying to push regressive, inhumane laws such as this.

Yeah Texas is blatantly just a trial run for the GOP's plans for the rest of the country at this point. Horrifying and revolting.

This can not be understated. It's not just Texas and Florida, Republicans are running a massive assault on civil rights in all gop controlled states and submitting hundreds of bills nationwide even in states that are not Republican controlled, and their civilian goons are taking over school boards across the country trying to ban and erase minority voices and existance via book bans and even Nazi style actual book burnings, with LGBTQ art being one of the very specified targets. And practically nobody with any political power is paying attention or even cares.

Last edited:
Schools down there don't even let children assigned male at birth grow their hair long. They get dominated by busy bodies with authoritarian personalities, never mind that kids are forced to go there because it's the law. Schools have this hubris where they think of children as needing to be controlled. They will say something to the effect of that students need to learn how to comply because they can't get away with having long hair or transitioning or wearing colored hair on the job. Our lives matter irrespective of where we work. We are not our jobs.

So take that pretty authoritarianism and apply it to the transgender issue. The thought of school officials outing kids to their racist, homophobic parents is unconscionable. I used to be a teacher and I would not follow such an order. Fire me, take my license. Heck that atmosphere of petty authoritarianism is one of many reasons I left the field. Also I worked in North Florida which is conservative and when I came out the closet as trans and they were not cool with it and Florida has no laws at all whatsoever about discrimination. It ended my career.

Back
Top Bottom