• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Music Blank Space vs Anti Hero: Which Taylor Swift song is better?

Which one is better?

• Blank Space

• Anti-Hero

Results are only viewable after voting.

Hero of Hyrule

Frieren the Slayer
Pronouns
He/Him

These are Taylor Swift's two most critically acclaimed and popular songs, with the former probably marking the moment she completed her transition from hit country singer to the dominant force and presence in pop music, and the latter showing the insane versatility she can get with her words and music alike.

Which of these two do you like more and why?

My answer is Blank Space because it is not only my favourite song of these two, it is also my favourite Taylor Swift song, and one of my favorite songs in general (it has not left my active playlist since 2014). But Anti Hero is really great, and it is a song I like more each time I listen to it as well. I will not begrudge anyone who picks it (which, judging by its popularity, might even be most people!)

What do you pick?

Anti-Hero because of the single featuring Bleachers really takes it to another level of vibes.

I like Blank Space more (better beat, catchier), but Anti-Hero has the better single lyric: “It’s me. Hi. I’m the problem. It‘s me.” which I regularly use in normal conversation.

Anti-Hero, though lines like "Did you hear my covert narcissism I disguise as altruism, like some kind of congressman?" are overwritten, but I think it's a more interesting take on the subject matter. Plus as mentioned earlier I like the Bleachers production a lot more. Both are messy songs that I have mixed feelings on overall.

Also, while we're at it, Midnights is a better album than 1989. Come at me.

Back
Top Bottom