• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

Fun Club Bit of a rant about PLA's throwing of Pokemon and the future of it in Pokemon.

The answer is to add accesibility options to this kind of games, but sadly most Nintendo games really lack in this area. I don’t understand how it is this way, so I’m sorry OP you couldn’t enjoy the game.

I think it’s hard to have a discussion when your position is “I don’t want this and whoever liked it can go play something else and only I get what I want”, then you say that Game Freak won’t try to appeal to both mechanics because “It’s Game Freak”, so it needs to be one or the other.

People are trying here to find a common ground, trying to find a way of having best of both worlds and making sure no one is kept from playing what they want to play. Please, hear people out instead of just saying “nah they won’t do this, they need to appeal to me”. We don’t even know if Game Freak has any plans of keeping the Legends series alive. We still haven’t seen any sign of a new Let’s Go while many people liked that game.

Yes it is, but I think if it's an integral part of the Legends sub series then I think that's the perfect compromise.
That's... not really a compromise, just telling people who like feature X to go play something else. I don't think you'd consider it a good compromise if they added aimed ball throwing to the main series but made a smaller scope spinoff without it.

I think it’s hard to have a discussion when your position is “I don’t want this and whoever liked it can go play something else and only I get what I want”, then you say that Game Freak won’t try to appeal to both mechanics because “It’s Game Freak”, so it needs to be one or the other.

People are trying here to find a common ground, trying to find a way of having best of both worlds and making sure no one is kept from playing what they want to play. Please, hear people out instead of just saying “nah they won’t do this, they need to appeal to me”. We don’t even know if Game Freak has any plans of keeping the Legends series alive. We still haven’t seen any sign of a new Let’s Go while many people liked that game.
'Only get what I want' which is wanting to not be locked our of playing new pokemon for the rest of my life, for something I can't control, and your treating it like its some terrible awful thing.

I am just being realistic as Gamefreak doesn't add accessibility options, does that mean they wouldn't? No of course not, but it does make it much more likely that I wouldn't be able to play any future Pokemon and so I don't want it in.

I would love if Gamefreak prove me wrong and they add accessibility options, but I really don't see that happening, so I am advocating for the most likely option that will allow me to keep on playing new pokemon games for the rest of my life

I love pokemon so much and I really really don't want the main games to be inaccessible to me, because they are the one game each year that I know I will love.
Edit: I have removed the last part because it was very rude and unnecessary and I deeply apologise for it.

Last edited:
That's... not really a compromise, just telling people who like feature X to go play something else. I don't think you'd consider it a good compromise if they added aimed ball throwing to the main series but made a smaller scope spinoff without it.
The difference here you would still be able to play the main series of pokemon without the aimed ball throwing, whereas I cannot.
Edit: I am sorry for getting heated, I just don't want to not be able to play future Pokemon games. I didn't mean to insult you or the other poster.

Last edited:
'Only get what I want' which is wanting to not be locked our of playing new pokemon for the rest of my life, for something I can't control, and your treating it like its some terrible awful thing.

I am just being realistic as Gamefreak doesn't add accessibility options, does that mean they wouldn't? No of course not, but it does make it much more likely that I wouldn't be able to play any future Pokemon and so I don't want it in.

I would love if Gamefreak prove me wrong and they add accessibility options, but I really don't see that happening, so I am advocating for the most likely option that will allow me to keep on playing new pokemon games for the rest of my life

I love pokemon so much and I really really don't want the main games to be inaccessible to me, because they are the one game each year that I know I will love.
Edit: I have removed the last part because it was very rude and unnecessary and I deeply apologise for it.
And I think that’s fair that you want to be able to play, but in a discussion where we are talking hypotheticals, you could at least entertain other people’s ideas of how things could be done in a way that you and everyone gets what they want.

I think it would be better for us to understand why, for instance, you don’t think auto-aim is a good idea, instead of you answering “Pokémon doesn’t need aiming at all”. Two people in this thread suggested that, and you didn’t think “I wouldn’t need to aim, and the people that want to aim would be able to do it. Maybe this way everyone can play Pokémon”? The only option on your mind was “no, no aiming”?

Also, I didn’t see what you wrote before, but I understand it is frustrating when people don’t consider your needs, and I can’t even imagine how it must feel when this is a big part of your life… I didn’t write here to antagonize you or say your opinion is invalid. I just decided to say something because I saw people making suggestions that I thought were good, then you shut them down, and then it appears discussion just came to a halt and I couldn’t see ideas being developed. That’s the only reason I posted, because I think this is a pertinent subject.

The difference here you would still be able to play the main series of pokemon without the aimed ball throwing, whereas I cannot.

And I think that’s fair that you want to be able to play, but in a discussion where we are talking hypotheticals, you could at least entertain other people’s ideas of how things could be done in a way that you and everyone gets what they want.

I think it would be better for us to understand why, for instance, you don’t think auto-aim is a good idea, instead of you answering “Pokémon doesn’t need aiming at all”. Two people in this thread suggested that, and you didn’t think “I wouldn’t need to aim, and the people that want to aim would be able to do it. Maybe this way everyone can play Pokémon”? The only option on your mind was “no, no aiming”?

Also, I didn’t see what you wrote before, but I understand it is frustrating when people don’t consider your needs, and I can’t even imagine how it must feel when this is a big part of your life… I didn’t write here to antagonize you or say your opinion is invalid. I just decided to say something because I saw people making suggestions that I thought were good, then you shut them down, and then it appears discussion just came to a halt and I couldn’t see ideas being developed. That’s the only reason I posted, because I think this is a pertinent subject.
I have never really tried a game that had auto aiming, so I can't comment on it but I don't want to experience it first in a pokemon game, just in case it doesn't work out and then I would have wasted like 50 pounds on a game I can't play

Back
Top Bottom