• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

News Beyond Good & Evil 20th Anniversary Edition launches June 25 for every system (sans mobile)

Even though I have completed the BGE on Gamecube, on Steam, and the HD version on XBOX360, is the 20th anniversary version worth playing?

Is there a value, a new experience, a new mission or story, as a gameplay experience rather than a gallery or something else?

Do I have to complete the game to the end to get the new experience?

If so, will I have to hold the joystick upside down in the final battle on the Switch? How do I use the Switch in portable mode for the final battle?

Am I asking something strange? If so, please ignore this post.

Atsu1166

Finished BGE 20th yesterday, and had a blast.
The cut content & archived concept arts & dev story is great.
Also liked the BGE 2 link mission and I'm more impatient than ever for it.

Also, this concept art is stuck in my mind since I saw it :

This is Jade with her, at the time, red shirt & bandana (I really dig it, you can unlock it ingame). She's holding Chico, a young black kid that is still in the final game (you can see him at the town until you finish the second Alpha Section dungeon). In the final game, he tells Jade that his entire family have been either kidnapped or killed by the DomZ.

bafkreihfbxyc4dldvmsgnsg4kpqdpo34dkrkuz3ra5s3q4ar52a4cxhlli@jpeg

Even though I have completed the BGE on Gamecube, on Steam, and the HD version on XBOX360, is the 20th anniversary version worth playing?

Is there a value, a new experience, a new mission or story, as a gameplay experience rather than a gallery or something else?

Do I have to complete the game to the end to get the new experience?

If so, will I have to hold the joystick upside down in the final battle on the Switch? How do I use the Switch in portable mode for the final battle?

Am I asking something strange? If so, please ignore this post.

Atsu1166
There is a new mission with items and new Mdisks that ties the game to the upcoming BGE 2.
You can do this quest around the time you search for the Beluga stabilizers, so near the end.
You don't have to hold down any joytstick for the final battle. In fact, I beat the final boss without dying once (I used to die A LOT before).
You don't have to move at all in the final part, just be sure to dodge when he's above Jade. When he's behind you, Jade tends to face him instantly so... just attack once and repeat when Jade is facing him, just remember to dodge when you can't hit him.

Last edited:
Telling myself that I should take advantage of the NSO game vouchers offer in the UK even though I don't know when I'll use the two vouchers because then I can pay for Beyond Good & Evil purely through gold points

Hnnnngh

Telling myself that I should take advantage of the NSO game vouchers offer in the UK even though I don't know when I'll use the two vouchers because then I can pay for Beyond Good & Evil purely through gold points

Hnnnngh

Thinking about it myself, but I dont even use vouchers very often since I prefer physical.. but it's a Sweet deal for sure :p

Thinking about it myself, but I dont even use vouchers very often since I prefer physical.. but it's a Sweet deal for sure :p
I mean it's essentially three games for £84, which isn't awful when two of those would be Nintendo published. I'll wait until the deal expiry date is near until I decide, though.

Totally forgot this game was coming out so soon. Ubisoft messed up by not including it in the Direct. I purchased Luigi's Mansion 2 instead.

Totally forgot this game was coming out so soon. Ubisoft messed up by not including it in the Direct. I purchased Luigi's Mansion 2 instead.
I swear this was in the direct??

maybe I'm completely out of sorts

edit: no? I think maybe I'm just losing my mind

Back
Top Bottom