• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

News Beyond Good & Evil 20th Anniversary Edition launches June 25 for every system (sans mobile)

ILikeFeet

Fox Brigade
Swoop into the marvelous world of Hillys as action-reporter Jade to investigate the mysterious DomZ alien attacks alongside colorful characters, like her adoptive uncle Pey’j or the valiant Double H.

Embark on this epic adventure in up to 4K, 60 frames per second with improved graphics, controls, and audio, along with brand-new autosave and cross-save features.

Enjoy exclusive new rewards as you explore the planet and discover more about Jade’s past in a new treasure hunt throughout Hillys.

Put your skills to the test thanks to the new speedrun mode and updated achievements, and learn more about the game’s development and secrets in the anniversary gallery!

Armed with her dai-jo and faithful camera, Jade’s adventure will get you to freely explore Hillys, combat creatures large and small, infiltrate dangerous areas, solve enigmatic puzzles, play addictive mini-games, race the best hovercraft pilots, and take pictures of the whole experience.

Be ready to dive into a trailblazing blend of action gameplay and thrilling emotional cutscenes!

Last edited:
I'm so in.

Like I said in another thread, I don't double-dip on games. But I'll absolutely double-dip on this one because I want a damn sequel.

.... why wouldn't they put this in Ubi Forward?

Because Ubi Soft loves going backwards.

raw

But seriously, never played BG&E, so maybe now is my time to experience this cult classic?

Looks nice. Hope the Switch version is 60fps, if not I'm probably sticking to the old remaster on XBOX BC.

Well, in the end it was neither Wind Waker nor Twilight Princess; here's your Zelda remaster for the year ;)

Ooh, this is gonna be a tough choice for me. Having BG&E on a handheld would be pretty great, but 4k60 on my PS5 is also very tempting for a game like this. Fingers crossed that the new orchestrated soundtrack ends up being as good or better than the stellar original.

Such a shame that we'll likely never get the sequel(s) that this game deserved, but I'm all for revisiting this all-timer in an enhanced release.

This is a very good game, and if you haven't played it, I encourage you to do so. This only makes me more angry at the follow-ups. Every attempt to make a sequel has gone reboot/prequel direction, when a decent chunk of what makes the game special is Jade/Pey'j and the backstory. The thing that would bring me to a sequel is more of that story

This is my wife's favorite game and she's not aware of this getting a re-release

It's gonna be a gaming date night on tuesday.

This thing leaked twice, they finally got around to announcing it officially, it's coming out in like five days and I still can't find a price?

This is a very good game, and if you haven't played it, I encourage you to do so. This only makes me more angry at the follow-ups. Every attempt to make a sequel has gone reboot/prequel direction, when a decent chunk of what makes the game special is Jade/Pey'j and the backstory. The thing that would bring me to a sequel is more of that story
And the game ends on a cliffhanger.
The decision to go prequel makes zero sense.

The games out here in Aus now! Got it for Switch. I only just finished the intro and haven't grabbed her camera yet so my knowledge is limited on how the rest of the game looks or performs. It tries to hit *30 but can dip sometimes, during gameplay I noticed zero dips but only during a camera pan in a cutscene it did. It seems to hit 720p in handheld with some form of aliasing to help fend off most jagged edges. Texture quality seems mixed, in some places it makes me wonder if they're worse than the GC original. But overall it uses all the new lighting and models they've shown off so far so I'm liking the way it's all presented here, seems like a great port so far!

Edit: *Initially I mentioned it hit 60fps but I guess that was my tired eyes from last night misinterpreting it! It does appear to be 30, sorry for misleading anyone.

Last edited:

I don't understand why everyone keeps making prequels. How many of them have even been good?

Still used to be one of my most anticipated games, and its absurd development struggles, which reached peak somewhere between the Ancel mess and Joseph Gordon-Lewitt trying to outsorce the art, (still trying to wrap my head around that one) is such a bummer.

From what I gather the Switch performance is unfortunately pretty substandard. It seems to be 30 fps and still has drops, and also doesn't hit 1080p. It seems to struggle the most with particle effects and the like.

Quoted by: SiG
20 bucks? This was already a no-brainer for me, now it's a no-brainer times one million.

If you like adventure games with great plot and world-building, buy this, folks.

Between Ubisoft's history of deep sales and the Switch impressions, I think I'll wait until Switch 2 and hope a native version releases there.

From what I gather the Switch performance is unfortunately pretty substandard. It seems to be 30 fps and still has drops, and also doesn't hit 1080p. It seems to struggle the most with particle effects and the like.
Dunno, Switch performance seems pretty solid from the looks of things.

The original also ran at 30fps as well.

Definitely less hazier than the 360 port.

The Anniversary Gallery looks pretty cool if only to give some insight into the development. Performance wise, besides some drops during some of the effects work due to the nature of the engine, it's a solid conversion, and runs mostly at 30fps. Resolution wise, I don't recall him mentioning anything, but I would imagine it's 720p handheld/1080p docked.

I don't care much about icons, but holy mother of Jesus, I'm not sure if they could have picked a worse icon for this game.

This thing has such beautiful art all around and they went with the logo plus a bunch of unnecessary text.

Back
Top Bottom