• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Discussion Best looking Switch model

Your favourite

• Total voters

bixente

Tingle
Just thought it'd be fun to talk about our favourite looking Switch models. I would've loved the Animal Crossing edition, but I couldn't justify it, especially as a handheld player. That's my #1. My next two faves are the Totk oled and the original OLED.

The Pokemon one looks quite fetching, tho...

images

images

nintendo-switch-oled-limited-edition-pokemon-scarlet-violet.jpg

images

NIN-165178_1.jpg

Last edited:
All my love to SwOLED, but the Switch Lite (yellow) is the slickest piece of technology I’ve ever seen.

Altho I only have the original Switch from Launch, as they I look at the different versions, I do like the Animal Crossing one the most.

It's so bright and cozy and colorful, and having Tom Nook, Timmy and Tommy on it, makes me smile :)

Honestly, the Switch Lite is slaying it- I love the yellow, blue and teal ones especially. The only reason I don't have one, is because the OLED display is such an upgrade compared to the original one. I understand the Switch Lite is the budget option, but I wish there was an OLED model as well (or more colourful normal Switch models).

The Switch OLED in white is, in my humble opinion, one of the sexiest looking pieces of gaming hardware ever

Nintendo-Switch-OLED--e46c0c5.jpg

I'd have to say it's the yellow Switch Lite. It just looks so small and perfectly formed. I'd never buy a Lite, it's not practical for how I use Switch, but they ARE pretty.

My favourite combination of console and Joy-Con would be standard black with Joy-Con (L) Neon Blue, and Joy-Con (R) Gray.

Nintendo, I feel, has a tendency to make their "cheap" model their best looking in a lineup. Switch Lite, DS Lite, New 2DSXL, Game Boy Micro, Wii Mini, NES toploader (NTSC-U). Usually because these are refinements.

I think OLED Model is the BEST overall Nintendo console, as an all-rounder, but I can't say it's the prettiest even in its own lineup. The screen looks great but the off-centre logo and empty back panel take it down a notch for me. Even if it definitely one of the best BUILT Nintendo consoles with all that metal.

Voted Standard black. That'd be with the yellow joycons. Why no Lites? Because Switch Yellow Lite is where it's at.

I have a white OLED, and I do think it's the prettiest big Switch. If Lites are allowed, I think the yellow Lite is the prettiest one.

Love the ZOLED, it's the only OLED model I actually like. I do have to say though that the LABO-Switch is fantastic too :D

I have the launch OLED with white Joy Cons, and love it. The GameCube “blue/purple” Lite is my favorite color though.

My favourite:

112385-nintendo-switch-lite-blue-lifestyle-1200x675

Sadly they never made an emerald green one to go with my DSi XL.
The Gameboy Advance reborn

The Lite is the most comfy handheld I ever held (and I'm counting things like phones and tablets), but I play docked 99% of the time so I could never justify it.
If the Lite actually had docking, it would be my favorite system ever and I would play handheld way more often!

Mario Red for me. Always wanted that model but ultimately ended up upgrading to the B/W OLED. Grabbed the Mario Red joycons tho.

I knee jerk chose Splatoon 3. Just realized the white OLED is on the list and frankly no special edition beats it for me.

White OLED for sure. I mainly use my Skyward Sword joy-cons, but I recently swapped my white ones back in partially because of how sleek it looks.

OLED white.

I recently broke my white joycon after two years of heavy use and was extremely disappointed to learn those aren’t sold separately because man, that shit looks so slick.

Back
Top Bottom