• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

Discussion Before the mostly unleaked Direct today, a Nintendo employee posted a GIF indicating they stopped leaks. UPDATE: Employee responded.

For those who follows the June 2024 Nintendo Direct leaks, what games were complete surprises, as in they weren't leaked beforehand? Would be interesting to know what were revealed as they were intended. I didn't follow them this time because I find it better for the announcements to be unexpected.

Thank you for reading.
The 2d Zelda game starring Zelda was heavily rumored before by papagenos, but other than that... No first party leaks

For those who follows the June 2024 Nintendo Direct leaks, what games were complete surprises, as in they weren't leaked beforehand? Would be interesting to know what were revealed as they were intended. I didn't follow them this time because I find it better for the announcements to be unexpected.

Thank you for reading.
Pretty much all the 1st party stuff was a surprise (a new 2D Zelda starring Zelda had been rumored/teased by PapaGenos a few weeks earlier; he also said Prime 4 was targeting Fall 2024 and would show up at the direct, so kinda half credit I guess?). One person had claimed back in May that a Mario&Luigi game was in development and could get announced this fiscal year, but nobody really believed it and definitely nobody was expecting it to show up here

I think the only 3rd party stuff that leaked was Among Us, Fantasian, Darkest Dungeon 2, and I guess kinda the Dragon Quest stuff (a couple leakers had claimed it would be the whole trilogy in one game and that it'd show up at the direct; we got DQ3 and DQ1+2 as separate games, but it was at the direct). Pyoro also did one of those "random emojis teasing at a game" thing that turned out to be for My Summer Adventure, which was only in the Japanese version of the direct. So most 3rd party stuff also wasn't leaked

So papa Nintendo has an eye in Famiboards. Hmmmm...
Of course they do. It's in their interest to know what people are speculating and what their consumers want. Emily once said that Nintendo were aware that fans wanted remakes of certain games like TTYD.

So yes that means when they don't give us what they want they are purposefully ignoring us! /s

Of course they do. It's in their interest to know what people are speculating and what their consumers want. Emily once said that Nintendo were aware that fans wanted remakes of certain games like TTYD.

So yes that means when they don't give us what they want they are purposefully ignoring us! /s
So it's their fault The Last Story HD which I wanted since Xenoblade Chronicles Remastered is still not ported. Time to become a toxic memelord until they cave in! 😉

I like leaks, but Pyoro and Bilbil-kun leaking stuff 6-15 days ahead of time with database scraping adds really nothing of value.

Same with YouTube leakers who leak 6-48 hours before an event.

If you can leak like 1-2 years early or about information the company would have never revealed, that's cool and interesting, but the back-end scraping leaks and YouTube leaks sucked.
This is where I stand on it too. The kind of leak that adds to discussion and speculation is cool, but the kind of leak that ruins the surprise just before the reveal is lame and adds nothing positive to anything.

The biggest problem with both pyoro and midori was that when their leak well dried up they tried bullshitting their way into success by using other leaks hoping they were right instead of admitting they had nothing (in pyoro's case with the bw remake and the zelda remake, for midori well we have an entire document of what he did).

FINALLY! Echoes of Wisdom has a preorder page on European eShop. Sure, the leaks have died out but damn it did with a cost. I'll miss looking up Nintendo website to check all the games announced at Direct there.

Always has…
Gee, a Donkey Kong 64 remake should would be nice!
GIF-20240621-124757-146.gif

Always has…
I’m honestly surprised people don’t realize that Nintendo’s lidless eye covers far & wide. I’ve been hearing about it as far back as Gaf. I thought it become really obvious for people after the whole Yuzu episode.

It appeared that Pyoro had access to Nintendo's web backend, and the account's information was limited to what was available there.

I reached out to Pyoro to try to get clarity on this. Over direct messages, they told me that their source works for Nintendo of Japan, "but I'm unsure how they obtain their information" and that the "backend theory is a reasonable guess."

Last edited:
I’m honestly surprised people don’t realize that Nintendo’s lidless eye covers far & wide. I’ve been hearing about it as far back as Gaf. I thought it become really obvious for people after the whole Yuzu episode.

This is perfect kindling for my "Black and White remakes were fake info used to flush leaks" theory. Maybe that was what led to Pyoro's source getting got.

At this point I'm only ever really satisfied by leaks when they talk about the developers ambitions. It's cool to know things slightly early I guess but at this point in the generation there's not enough natural hype to really get me going.

So papa Nintendo has an eye in Famiboards. Hmmmm...
I think they have a security team that keeps an eye out on this site, other gaming enthusiast forums, and Reddit. If there's leaks or piracy happening, then they want to know so they can shut it down. It would be crazy for them not to keep an eye on this site, especially after the customs data exposure that was picked up by all the major gaming sites, and even before then since some prominent leakers post hints here from time to time.

I think they have a security team that keeps an eye out on this site, other gaming enthusiast forums, and Reddit. If there's leaks or piracy happening, then they want to know so they can shut it down. It would be crazy for them not to keep an eye on this site, especially after the customs data exposure that was picked up by all the major gaming sites, and even before then since some prominent leakers post hints here from time to time.
I mean, they must have burner accounts if only to view hidden content in the Hardware Spec thread to see how much is really known by us, but I wonder if the Hide tags are really only enough to keep the info out of search engine results and from most journalist depots from scraping info to make clickbait articles

Back
Top Bottom