• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

Discussion Before the mostly unleaked Direct today, a Nintendo employee posted a GIF indicating they stopped leaks. UPDATE: Employee responded.

Derachi

Fresh Eater
Founder
Pronouns
he/him

Andrew Pfister, a senior analyst at Nintendo, posted this before the Direct today.

I can’t help but believe this indicates they’ve fixed their leak problem. What do you all think?

EDIT: Andrew Pfister has responded to this thread:

Last edited:
Copyringt infringement ninjas, emulator ninjas, fangame ninjas...

We also now have backend ninjas.

So now I guess it's come a point where there's only two people in the world who know the entire contents of Nintendo Directs

So I left Famiboards for two days for no reason when I could have just stayed here and gone unspoiled?
Clearly coerlation = causation and because you left here to avoid spoilers, spoilers were thanos snapped. /s

I mean papagenos got a zelda game lol. Someone on resetera knew about the new Mario and Luigi game, even hinting at the full title. Sooo you know like a lot of leaks you may patch one up but another can pop up somewhere else lol.

I think that in and of itself is a leak. A Nintendo employee making meta comments through meme gifs to give a finger to either fans starved for info and/or leakers in general leaves a bad taste in my mouth.
I completely disagree, lol. "starved for info" fans can wait... a few days (which was normally the timeframe for Pyoro stuff) for the big event where that exact info is officially unveiled. It must be incredibly stressful and frustrating for these teams to not have their games revealed on their own terms, and anything to make that more likely to happen is a plus in my book.

EDIT: Also randos happening to sort of maybe know a couple things, or the codename leak, not really the same thing as stuff like Pyoro saying exactly what will and won't be there. There was a lot less certainty surrounding stuff like the PapaGenos thing, probably because it wasn't coming directly from the eShop/Nintendo website backend.

There are always going to be leaks. Always. Too many people make games to be able to prevent somebody from talking, AND oftentimes outside companies get involved.

I completely disagree, lol. "starved for info" fans can wait... a few days (which was normally the timeframe for Pyoro stuff) for the big event where that exact info is officially unveiled. It must be incredibly stressful and frustrating for these teams to not have their games revealed on their own terms, and anything to make that more likely to happen is a plus in my book.
Agreed. Reveal leaks sucks, I'd rather be surprised.

The only type of worthwhile leaks are ones that shed details on behind-the-scenes information. Like if a game is having troubled development, leak that information because the publisher isn't going to devluge anything

Pyoro is cooked for sure. I love leaks but I'm glad they plugged them for now before going into the next gen. This direct was honestly a lot of fun without hints/leaks though.

apparently it's speculated that Pyoro's sources are from Nintendo website backend. the only games he teased had webpages ready to go
Yeah, it's seeming quite plausible that the eShop backend was Pyoro's source now. None of the first party games have pages yet (aside from the awkward "rated M for Mature" N64 NSO app), which is a significant departure from other recent Directs, but the games that Pyoro did talk about all seem to already have pages up.

Just checked the eShop. None of the new first party games announced today are on the eShop, which means they never went up on the eShop servers. This more or less confirms that Pyoro's main source has access to the eShop backend, and they couldn't see anything because Nintendo didn't put up anything in the first place.

Has anybody got evidence that pyoro was in the youtube backend the whole time 😂 after all that seems pretty damn fishy when they crack down on that it's immediately wraps for the bird

@ILikeFeet apparently it's speculated that Pyoro's sources are from Nintendo website backend. the only games he teased had webpages ready to go

Nevermind damn r.i.p cold name though 🔥

Has anybody got evidence that pyoro was in the youtube backend the whole time 😂 after all that seems pretty damn fishy when they crack down on that it's immediately wraps for the bird
Pyoro's source has never been the YouTube backend. They've known things that never went up there.

Now, on the other hand, the eShop backend seems increasingly plausible, like I mentioned in my previous post.

Pyoro's source has never been the YouTube backend. They've known things that never went up there.

Now, on the other hand, the eShop backend seems increasingly plausible, like I mentioned in my previous post.
You right i was thinking back in the day it could just be twitter backend too if he talented enough to get in youtube, but that would still stand

Just checked the eShop. None of the new first party games announced today are on the eShop, which means they never went up on the eShop servers. This more or less confirms that Pyoro's main source has access to the eShop backend, and they couldn't see anything because Nintendo didn't put up anything in the first place.
Tbh after today i'm not really convinced he has sources, he was dead on before, and now he seemed to just piggyback off hard detective work of the community talking about the obvious incoming Zelda game from Grezzo. Seems sadly like he may knew it was wraps and prayed on a miracle his guesses would redeem him. "Lacking first party announcments" 😂 he was just predicting based on rumored close end of Switch content it feels

Seem like the bird knew just as much as the rest of us going into the direct aside from the one third party

They only stopped Pyoro, not everyone.

In fact, during a period before Direct, I saw a familiar Insider discussing the games that would appear in Direct.

He hit the content of Direct multiple times and correctly. Most of them have not been mentioned by anyone else before.

Obviously, he has already watched the video content of the Direct.
Imagine if the codenames Midori leaked happen during this direct and proven to be true.

I think that in and of itself is a leak. A Nintendo employee making meta comments through meme gifs to give a finger to either fans starved for info and/or leakers in general leaves a bad taste in my mouth.
Leakers give the devs a massive finger when they leak info that isn't theirs to share, though. I think there's a solid argument to be made in favor of creatives being afforded the ability to reveal aspects of their projects gradually, on their own terms.

A random poster leaking things is a bit different than a big Twitter account that lots of people follow

Tbh after today i'm not really convinced he has sources, he was dead on before, and now he seemed to just piggyback off hard detective work of the community talking about the obvious incoming Zelda game from Grezzo. Seems sadly like he may knew it was wraps and prayed on a miracle his guesses would redeem him. "Lacking first party announcments" 😂 he was just predicting based on rumored close end of Switch content it feels

Seem like the bird knew just as much as the rest of us going into the direct aside from the one third party
I think he does have at least one solid source based on past leaks (looking back, that also probably explains why he and his source didn't catch Princess Peach Showcase and Luigi's Mansion 2 HD when they were first revealed in the June 2023 Direct), and that's primarily because that source has access to the eShop backend.

Not many people have access to the eShop backend across NCL/NOA/NOE. I wonder what's going to happen to his main source.

I think he does have at least one solid source based on past leaks (looking back, that also probably explains why he and his source didn't catch Princess Peach Showcase and Luigi's Mansion 2 HD when they were first revealed in the June 2023 Direct), and that's primarily because that source has access to the eShop backend.

Not many people have access to the eShop backend across NCL/NOA/NOE. I wonder what's going to happen to his main source.
I think what they saying above is his mainsource got packed up, Nintendo stopped pre-uploading so much direct news on eshop, that would easily stop the leaks.

If i were to guess (with no real knowledge of the process with E-Shop and News tab uploading process lol), Nintendo is not stupid and many on the teams orienting has been connected the dots, but they waited for a direct with so many suprises. They may still get Pyoro the drop on information like NES World Championships, as Pyoro's tweets are pretty damn good advertisement, and this is why they let Pyoro take the weak September 2023 direct too, but for stronger news they'll delay the E-shop pages

The Direct did have a big leak though. Papagenos leaked the 2D Zelda.

I also think the Directs are more fun with leaks.

Leakers give the devs a massive finger when they leak info that isn't theirs to share, though. I think there's a solid argument to be made in favor of creatives being afforded the ability to reveal aspects of their projects gradually, on their own terms.
We’ve been given plenty of examples of what leaks can do to a project & team. See M+R, PRBFtG, & a host of other examples.

The only problem now is that I would love to see the new game on the eshop and get them with a voucher but I still can’t.
Thank you Pyoro.

It’s crazy how much more fun Directs are when last minute leaks don’t happen.
agreed. I like my leaks about games that are in the works but not games that are about to be announced. At that point let me enjoy the advertisement. It's the only kind of advertisement that I like lmao.

I also very much enjoy seeing people express excitement. The industry is filled with so much shit negativity from "gamers" and all that so to have moments where the majority of people are excited and positive is good. Obviously the community aspect of it all is great as well.

It’s crazy how much more fun Directs are when last minute leaks don’t happen.
More evidence that we need to stop hyping leakers and just have fun as a community speculating and shitposting when a Direct draws near.

I dunno why everyone is obsessed with the idea that Pyoro has lost their source, but they clearly still have it, as they leaked Mario & Luigi: Brothership in a similar manner to how they leaked Super Mario Bros. Wonder—with a set of emoji that specifically depict things that are on the game’s box art:

445px-Mario%26LuigiBrothershipUSboxart.jpg

There’s a ship/canoe (the Brothership, of course), a sun shining in the sky (this is actually the sunset emoji, not specifically a city emoji, and it clearly represents the shining orb at the top of the Brothership), an island (as we see behind the Brothership), and a tower (also in view behind the Brothership).

And here’s Pyoro’s emoji leak of Super Mario Bros. Wonder:

SMBW_box_NA.png

Again, it’s exclusively things that are visible on the box art, including some things that aren’t exactly very descriptive of the game itself or even the trailer, like the caterpillar emoji representing the moving pipe; like, yeah, that’s one of the Wonder Effects, but to use that emoji to describe the game itself as if it’s a core element of the game? That strikes me as someone making assumptions based off of only seeing the box art.

Pyoro’s other leaks seem to align with this as well, from what I recall. I’m not sure I can think of any first-party Nintendo leak from Pyoro that had info beyond what’s shown on the box art—or game icon/eShop banner, I suppose. Doesn’t mean their source is eShop backend, though—it could easily be a source from retail, too. Whatever the source, it seems like Pyoro gets their Nintendo info from these images.

This thread is now more about Nintendo folks reading our posts

If you ever run out of stuff to remaster, there is always Eternal Darkness to consider! Nudge nudge wink wink

I dunno why everyone is obsessed with the idea that Pyoro has lost their source, but they clearly still have it, as they leaked Mario & Luigi: Brothership in a similar manner to how they leaked Super Mario Bros. Wonder—with a set of emoji that specifically depict things that are on the game’s box art:

445px-Mario%26LuigiBrothershipUSboxart.jpg

that tweet doesn't reference Mario & Luigi. It was a game that was only shown in the Japan Direct, he says it in the replies. A game which is on the Japanese eshop.

Quoted by: Tye
that tweet doesn't reference Mario & Luigi. It was a game that was only shown in the Japan Direct, he says it in the replies. A game which is on the Japanese eshop.
Oh, huh, I hadn’t seen that update, nor have I watched the Japanese Direct yet. What a weird coincidence that it can also match up with the Mario & Luigi box art. Well, depending on what the box art or banner art for that Japanese game is, my previous post could still hold true, lol.

EDIT: It does still hold true! All four of those elements represented by emoji are present in this key art:

adb109028b50a8688dfdf329bb6bbd8dfd9986655201b6d39d92676e8922b040.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom