• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

Reviews Bayonetta Origins: Cereza and the Lost Demon | Review Thread

I still don't really get who this game is for. It's like Link's Crossbow Training of Bayonetta.
I honestly think it being a new IP would generate more attention because two things for which Bayonetta is most well-known are not present here. You don't get character action, and you don't get one of the few well-written sexy ladies in the medium.
I don't really know if anyone is interested in Bayonetta's "origin" because the story was always the weakest part of all games. The first one probably had the best one, but that's more a compliment towards the fact that everything about its story is funny, not that it makes any sense.
I agree with this. As a fan of the series, I'm extremely on the fence with this game. I like Bayo for the combat and action, but Origins doesn't seem to focus on that. On the other hand, the general public may be aware that Bayo is a high-octane, action-centric series so they're just "repelled" by the IP. With a fresh IP it wouldn't have that stigma and it's "simplified" combat (compared to Bayo standards) may have been seen as something amazing instead. Sort of what happened with Nier: Automata, where it's combat is a big step-down from Bayo, Astral Chain or TW101, but shines when you compare it to other JRPGs like Nier. It's like everything it gives you is a plus when you have nothing, but when you start from the Bayo point of reference then I see everything it's missing instead.

I will get this for sure some time in the future - I love puzzle action games with a superb presentation. Just won't be able to be there at launch.

Holy shit. This was incredible. I can't believe they did it at Abbey Road Studios as well. Above and beyond and it makes it feel more like a labor of love with proper backing. Imagine if this much care went into the music of BOTW. Maybe TOTK $70 will help.

Last edited:
I made a discussion thread for Bayonetta in the absence of an ST. Hop on in!

Back
Top Bottom