• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Discussion Axios: 11 members of US Congress are asking President Biden to deal with Sony's business practices in the Japanese gaming market against US companies

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be fair , as a general rule , every people in the world should contact their political representative in order to complain about Sony's overall , general and complete utter shitness.

To be fair , as a general rule , every people in the world should contact their political representative in order to complain about Sony's overall , general and complete utter shitness.
I'd prefer to do this but about Activision

This is such an epic finale to the console wars. I'm pretty sure a console warrior wrote the script

Sony gets played in their own money hatting game
Microsoft with their powers of infinite money and lobbying Congress still has no first party games
Nintendo wins by doing absolutely nothing

Has Microsoft tried making games people in Japan (or globally, really) actually want to play?

Seems like it'd be easier than crying to their paid off congressmen and expecting it to actually do anything about Japan not wanting to buy their consoles
I’d argue the exact reverse is true. It’s far easier to complain to a legislator than to break into a resistant market that is home to very dominant competition.

I’d argue the exact reverse is true. It’s far easier to complain to a legislator than to break into a resistant market that is home to very dominant competition.
actually making games might move the needle

the most this will result in is an american official asking a japanese official to look into it, and nothing beyond that

This is less about console warring and more about xenophobia and protectionism taking over a lot of political circles in Congress. I doubt it will make much ground as there are more pressing matters, but it is indicative of some very worrying isolationist trends in government.

Hey guys, have y'all seen this news about members of Congress urging President Biden to address Sony's business practices in the Japanese gaming market?

Please don’t bump old threads for no reason. If there’s new developments feel free to make a new thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom