• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

News Atelier Marie Remake announced for Nintendo Switch, Playstation and Steam this summer

ermitron2

Gerudo
Pronouns
He/Him

Via KT and announced in the japanese stream of the Direct, Gust is remaking the first Atelier game and will be coming this summer. I actually was wondering what would be their plans since they don't have any post ps3 games to port and was thinking something like NIS Classics with the PS2 version, but this is better and it totally make sense for the anniversary

Man, this would have made the NA Direct more interesting for me.

The artstyle is odd but I guess is more based on the earlier entries.
Yeah, the original one also had SD graphics, so its pretty much a homage to that one instead of going full 3D models

A timer Atelier game in 2023? I'm in. Really like Marie, I'm looking forward to seeing how they translate the exploration which was essentially all menus in the original, hope they keep the weird minigames.

Is this physical on Switch in NA?
Nothing has been announced yet, only it exists. There is going to be an stream on the 20th this month with more info,, but knowing KT at least this will have an asian version

A timer Atelier game in 2023? I'm in. Really like Marie, I'm looking forward to seeing how they translate the exploration which was essentially all menus in the original, hope they keep the weird minigames.
YEah I was like "cool HD MENUS" but no , complete open fields and updated battle system too. Also I don't know about the time, I think they are definitely going to tweak it along with some mechanics (ie adding traits and item clasess that didn't exist back then)

YEah I was like "cool HD MENUS" but no , complete open fields and updated battle system too. Also I don't know about the time, I think they are definitely going to tweak it along with some mechanics (ie adding traits and item clasess that didn't exist back then)
I'm sure there is going to be some tweaks, just having actual fields means changes to time passage compared to simply taking a day per any action in the original through its menu structure, but it would be weird to not have a day limit and all that because is pretty much tied to the story of Marie.

I'm sure there is going to be some tweaks, just having actual fields means changes to time passage compared to simply taking a day per any action in the original through its menu structure, but it would be weird to not have a day limit and all that because is pretty much tied to the story of Marie.
Oh yeah I think it's has to keep the calendar, but I think its going to be tweaked similar to what they did from Rorona to Rorona DX where you have more time and better balance to clear each term

Atelier Marie Remake: The Alchemist of Salburg releases July 12th on Switch/PlayStation/PC.

This is the first time Atelier Marie makes it to the West

Press Release by Koei Tecmo
About

I’m done saving the world!

A carefree, cozy RPG adventure…

At the Royal Academy of Magic (the Academy for short), Marie is failing in her attempts to study alchemy. One day, she is given an atelier by her professor as part of a special graduation exam. In order to graduate, Marie must complete an item that will impress her professor.

But first, Marie must strive to improve her alchemy skills, collect ingredients, and earn money to hire adventurers and buy recipes and utensils… Add all of that to the synthesis, battles, and quests she must undertake, and it’s clear that she has a lot to do before she’s ready for her exam!

It’s up to you to choose where to begin! Work hard to graduate from the Academy, but be sure to enjoy yourself along the way.

Key Features

• Updated Graphics: Marie and Friends Brought to Life with the Latest Technology – Character designs and event illustrations have been revamped, and 2D animations have also been introduced in the remake. In addition, there are now 3D models of characters and stages, so players can enjoy seeing cute mini characters while they move around the map and explore.
  • Atelier Series Origin, Adapted to Modern Times and Made More Playable – While maintaining the simplicity and flexibility of the original version, the tutorial and navigation of the game’s features have been expanded and improved. The methods of moving around the city and collecting items in the field have also been modified to meet modern-day demands, ensuring that the remake is even more comfortable and easier to play.
  • New Elements Added to Further Enhance the Game Experience – Fans of the original version of the game, along with newcomers to the Atelier series, will be delighted by the variety of new elements that have been added to the remake. With the new Unlimited Mode, which allows you to play at a more relaxed pace, and the addition of new events that enable interactions with new characters, you can further enjoy the world of Atelier Marie.

Fpa6gV0X0AI5HG6

Earlier today, Koei Tecmo had a livestream showcasing just a glimpse of gameplay

Interestingly enough alongside the regular version, the Steam page lists a Digital Deluxe Edition which includes a copy of the original Atelier Marie Plus.
In this set:
  • The main game "Atelier Marie Remake: The Alchemist of Salburg"
  • Atelier Marie Plus: The Alchemist of Salburg
  • Gust Extra BGM Pack
  • "Another Look" Costume Set

As mentioned before, I knew they were going to do something regarding the time, didn't expect to go with a completely non-timed mode, but now we have the best of two worlds. Also not in the press releases
Professor Ingrid’s Assignments – Assignments that serve as a guidepost for clearing the game, allowing you to quickly determine the answer to question “What should I do next?” common when playing high freedom RPG's

Now to wonder if Atelier Marie Plus is going to be localized for the west too

I'm pretty happy, if we get Plus as well I'll be peak hype.
It is included in the US steam version at least, so really the only doubt is if it's going to be localized (I hope so).

Also looking at very good reactions from the japanese side, hopefully this open the posibility for Elie and Lillie

should be interesting to see how the original game is handled, since it wasn't localized back when it first came out.
the fact it's listed on Steam at least confirms it's using some sort of custom emulator (vs the port of Valkyrie Profile: Lenneth that was a pre-order bonus for Valkyrie Elysium, which was PS4 exclusive due to it using the same PSP emulator the Playstation Plus Premium games use.)
but the real question is if they're going to modify the game to include a proper English translation.

should be interesting to see how the original game is handled, since it wasn't localized back when it first came out.
the fact it's listed on Steam at least confirms it's using some sort of custom emulator (vs the port of Valkyrie Profile: Lenneth that was a pre-order bonus for Valkyrie Elysium, which was PS4 exclusive due to it using the same PSP emulator the Playstation Plus Premium games use.)
but the real question is if they're going to modify the game to include a proper English translation.
It's important to mention it doesn't say which version of plus. My take is the 2018 android version as it's easy to port (kinda what SQE did with the DQ trigoly) trather than working a custom emulator for all the consoles

aZo9Vv5.jpg

Last edited:
Ok mistery solved!

oNBthz1.png

According to the page the original Atelier Marie Plus is within the game, so you just unlock it and can select from the initial screen if you want to play Remake or Plus. Makes sense and also this gives me more hope that we are actually getting it localized!

Ok mistery solved!

oNBthz1.png

According to the page the original Atelier Marie Plus is within the game, so you just unlock it and can select from the initial screen if you want to play Remake or Plus. Makes sense and also this gives me more hope that we are actually getting it localized!

Well the one problem I have is, KT is usually bad about locking stuff behind digital deluxe. You can't actually buy some of the content in the atelier deluxe editions but can buy the season pass separately. for Ryza 1 I rebought the deluxe on discount to own that stuff. This will screw over physical buyers of Marie Remake if they don't allow an upgrade/ sold separately.

Well the one problem I have is, KT is usually bad about locking stuff behind digital deluxe. You can't actually buy some of the content in the atelier deluxe editions but can buy the season pass separately. for Ryza 1 I rebought the deluxe on discount to own that stuff. This will screw over physical buyers of Marie Remake if they don't allow an upgrade/ sold separately.
They have this covered now, learning from Squenix and Theathrythm you can upgrade even if you have the physycal version

nuUhNpd.png

If Atelier Marie Plus is included, I'll buy the remake just for that! Always wanted to try one of the older Atelier titles.

I want to say Siiconera is jumping the gun becasue

1. This is an iconic release for Gust
2. The english page doesn't have the pre-order section avaliable (which would link to retailers)
3. The product page clearly mentions people whoy buy the physical ps4 version can upgrade to 5

So yeah, I refuse to believe Nelke can get physical version but Marie doesn't

Gematsu also confirmed this will be only digital in the west unfortunately. There is an Asia version with english should anyone want to go physical

Gematsu also confirmed this will be only digital in the west unfortunately. There is an Asia version with english should anyone want to go physical

That's a shame! Will the Japanese version have English on it? It's fairly rare with KT games, but it has happened before.

Also new update confirming that Atelier Marie Plus (the original one) is also in english. Based on the screenshots it's seems to be based on the mobile port as it had the bigger font

Timer, check.
World Map, check.
Small areas for gathering, check.
Hiring party members, check.
Combat seems to be more like the Arland games, tho it seems to retain the grid from the original for the AoE attacks, iirc Arland was a circular AoE. Either way, classic turn based combat, check.
Music arrangements, chef kiss.
Those weird minigames, hell yeah they are still there.

Loving everything that has been shown, looks pretty faithful, feels nice to be excited about Atelier, even if its a remake, hope they do the rest of the Salburg games eventually (and then the Gramnad ones) , tho I'll take a localization of any of their original versions, since they are localizing Marie Plus in addition to the Remake.

Timer, check.
World Map, check.
Small areas for gathering, check.
Hiring party members, check.
Combat seems to be more like the Arland games, tho it seems to retain the grid from the original for the AoE attacks, iirc Arland was a circular AoE. Either way, classic turn based combat, check.
Music arrangements, chef kiss.
Those weird minigames, hell yeah they are still there.

Loving everything that has been shown, looks pretty faithful, feels nice to be excited about Atelier, even if its a remake, hope they do the rest of the Salburg games eventually (and then the Gramnad ones) , tho I'll take a localization of any of their original versions, since they are localizing Marie Plus in addition to the Remake.
Yeah, I didn't expect to also put the minigames, but it's always a good thing

Besides the 20 minutes of the chinese site, KT allowed sites to preview the game to multiple outlets

It's interesting to see some divisive points, specially regarding the time and gathering, but that was to be expected as the original game was really simple. Also funny thing looking at comments bashing the chibi style, when the original also had that style (not that I don't understand it's not a style for everyone)

A very short preview of the original Atelier Marie plus localized!. It only took 26 years (or 5 if you played the fan translation), but finally the original one is here

Back
Top Bottom