• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

News Armored Core VI - Fires Of Rubicon | Gameplay Trailer - Launches August 25th

aus89

Koopa
Pronouns
He/Him

ARMORED CORE VI FIRES OF RUBICON combines FromSoftware’s longstanding expertise in mech games with their signature action gameplay to bring a brand-new, high octane experience to the series.

In ARMORED CORE VI FIRES OF RUBICON, players will assemble their mech from a wide variety of parts and weaponry to soar freely through mission locales that redefine three-dimensional mobility. Face down overwhelming opposition by outgunning and overrunning your enemies with dynamic movement that makes full use of ranged and melee combat. Players can experience frenetic and fast-paced action that can only be truly achieved with mechs.

The game launches August 25th for PS4/PS5, Xbox One X/S, Xbox Series X/S, and PC

Pre-Orders of the Premium Edition, Collector's Edition and Launch Edition are available now here

This looks great! I hope it has the option to not be extraordinarily difficult 😂 I’ll get it anyway, who am I kidding. There are not enough mech games!

Never played the series, but as a long time souls fan I'm excited to see sekiro-style dodges and big bosses like I've come to love in souls.

Hot damn, I legit forgot this was coming this year, too. Why is 2023 so stacked?! If I finish TotK by August, I'll buy this.

That's much earlier than I was expecting, huh. So this and Starfield are both out by early September... do we know ANYONE'S holiday games this year? I guess Spider-Man 2?

It's a bit sterile-looking compared to their other stuff. That's robots for you I guess.

(Sorry to be a downer lol)

Armored Core VI, Baldur's Gate III, Starfield all within weeks of each other and apparently Spider-Man 2 PS5 releases in September too...

Whew.

A week after Bombrush Cyberfunk is tough.

BUT I am interested in the game! Might not get it for quite a while though.

As usual with From games, a fun and exciting trailer while I'm sure the actual game will be slow, plodding, and unfairly challenging. Likely a pass from me.
I'm not gonna disagree on the challenging part, but have you played Armored Core? It's not exactly what I'd call slow...

Dark Souls this is not, I promise you.

Looks amazing. I've never played AC and I'm not usually into mech games, but modern FROM is the best in the buis. This reminds me a lot of one of my favorite games of all time, Vanquish.

Also, my favorite modern FROM game is Sekiro, which like this, have more elements of pure action games vs the more slow, calculated aspects of their other games.

iG6r5UY.gif

Damn.

I still can't believe it is coming so soon. Hope we will get some raw gameplay at not-E3.

Been marking out about this all day long.

Right now, I'm certainly glad Zelda's hitting first. Cuz I'm going to be locked in the garage making mechs once this hits!

Was able to watch the trailer on a TV finally and wow. Wow! I think I have no choice but to get this

Bummer AC5 isn’t backward compatible on Xbox though! I thought for sure it’d be on there since stuff like Otogi is accounted for

The trailer looks fine but there's a lot of really open areas with nothing in them and extremely plain environments. I hope people who are used to Souls games having a ton of written lore about whatever they're using are open to the idea of separated missions, generic enemy robots that hit you before you can react and having to go back to the hangar to swap out parts regularly because some missions requires a gun with bullets instead of energy based. There'll be some weird weapons but it'll be a whole lot of slow lasers or pretty standard guns.

Unless they're keeping it all as one giant map, which wouldn't be like Armored Core at all and I'd find that disappointing.

It's also a question of how many technical issues are we going to have this time. I wouldn't call Elden Ring fixed by any means and it's been over a year. Are we going to get another weird stutter fest with broken lighting that can't hold 60fps in performance on PS5 and we have to play PS4 version on PS5 to get that? We can only hope they've corrected things.

Also posting a video of 4A as what "Armored Core looks like" is just false advertising. I absolutely abhorred that game's ultra speed with horrible vomit inducing camera and none of the other games are anything like it.

From is amazing but I really don't like giant Robots to be honest. Their first game in more than a decade where I'll pass.

Never played any of the Armored Core games prior, but I saw some footage of an older one at a Games Done Quick which put this on my radar. I thought they’d be like Dark Souls given the developer, but not at all. This trailer looks incredible, 100% picking this up.

Never played any of the Armored Core games prior, but I saw some footage of an older one at a Games Done Quick which put this on my radar. I thought they’d be like Dark Souls given the developer, but not at all. This trailer looks incredible, 100% picking this up.
the Dark Souls style is a very recent trend for From, and they reassured us this is classic Armored Core

as someone that's never played an armored core game before I want to like this since I like mech stuff in games and it does look cool but my main concern watching this is that it seems like the bosses might be a bit too on the bullet hell side of things for my taste

Game is selling out everywhere over here (UK). Struggling to get my pre-orders in.

Up there with the big games in terms of digital sales too:

Screenshot-2023-0.png

Last edited:
That's much earlier than I was expecting, huh. So this and Starfield are both out by early September... do we know ANYONE'S holiday games this year? I guess Spider-Man 2?
Im betting October is Spiderman

It looks so good, you guys.
You got that right.

I admit, I was definitely surprised to see such things like turn speed seemingly not being a thing any more, even more than I was the lock on. But in the end, such modernizations were things I anticipated for a new generation of Armored Core.

Seems like there is the right amount of Souls elements that it should be good entry for newcomers who are more familiar with their more recent games.

But seemingly without taking away what make those mech games unique in the first place. It is seemingly like the best of both worlds tbh.

Last edited:
Never played the series before, but this game is looking hot. Only problem for me is that it comes less than two weeks before Starfield does.

Man this looks good. This is a big wildcard for me. I am probably more excited about this than any other upcoming game, but I didn’t really get close to finishing the last few From games and From-likes that I’ve picked up. AC is obviously different from a lot of those games fundamentally…but yeah. We’ll see how much of an ass-kicking I’m up for in August

Never played the series before, but this game is looking hot. Only problem for me is that it comes less than two weeks before Starfield does.
As a highly biased mecha fan and a highly biased Armored Core fan, I say kick Starfield to the curb

I’m so psyched for this game- AC3 had me addicted on my PS2 for several years- but I have no expendable income at the moment, and I am in the middle of the bountiful Tears of the Kingdom. 😆

It’s also a large part of my “can’t wait to build a new PC for this” list.

So happy it’s even a thing though- FROM are on some insane AAAA tier for me to be honest.

This looks great... though I'm worried about it getting lost in shuffle in this star studded year in terms of sales.

The release really snuck up on me, for some reason I thought this wasn't going to come out until September. I'm still playing Nier Replicant and Xenoblade 3 so... decisions decisions...

Back
Top Bottom