• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Previews Armored Core 6 Gameplay Preview

hands-on previews are going up

Last edited:
Continues to look incredible. I think I may have to swallow my pride and admit that I'm too casual a player these days to get this 😂 But it'll be tempting, for sure.

Timing is too close to Starfield for me to justify a day 1 purchase. I do want to play it though.

Kinda insane it's coming out this year when we just got Elden Ring last year and the expansion/DLC for it might still release later this year or in 2024.
Just hope that the development conditions at From Software aren't bad and the staff isn't overworked.

Kinda insane it's coming out this year when we just got Elden Ring last year and the expansion/DLC for it might still release later this year or in 2024.
Just hope that the development conditions at From Software aren't bad and the staff isn't overworked.
Hope this isn't news, but studios work on multiple projects at a time

Hope this isn't news, but studios work on multiple projects at a time
Hope this isn't news either for you then to learn that a lot of studios crunch so assuming it might be the case with From Software isn't that outrageous. But you can keep the meaningless snark going if you want.

Truly, the only thing that could challenge TOTK for my personal GOTY.

Having these two games release when they do is not indicative if work place culture one way or another.

I do share the sentiment of wishing they've straightened out everything when it comes to work life balance and other issues, but again, separate things. To imply otherwise is baseless speculation

Edit: in reply to poster who quoted me

It looks fine but not particularly great honestly. It's definitely still a PS4 game and you can see that in the environments and the low details on most of it. Most of the combat is standard stuff and there doesn't seem to be particularly great feedback on any of the shots. The push for the stagger meter sounds poor and forces melee as part of your build so that's already cutting into customization ideas. Just feels like a lame way to force the player to get into dangerous situations when I could otherwise build out and balance a long range AC.

It looks fine but not particularly great honestly. It's definitely still a PS4 game and you can see that in the environments and the low details on most of it. Most of the combat is standard stuff and there doesn't seem to be particularly great feedback on any of the shots. The push for the stagger meter sounds poor and forces melee as part of your build so that's already cutting into customization ideas. Just feels like a lame way to force the player to get into dangerous situations when I could otherwise build out and balance a long range AC.
you're not forced to melee to stagger stuff. all weapons has a damage stat and an impact stat which governs how much stagger you inflict on enemies

you're not forced to melee to stagger stuff. all weapons has a damage stat and an impact stat which governs how much stagger you inflict on enemies

I will still assume that melee weapons will always have better stagger as part of them then or there's no reason to use them if I can have a longer range weapon that does the same thing. They put themselves in a poor position with that either way.

I will still assume that melee weapons will always have better stagger as part of them then or there's no reason to use them if I can have a longer range weapon that does the same thing. They put themselves in a poor position with that either way.
customization and playing your way is the point of Armored Core. they're not giving you a false choice with melee. don't know how or why you're assuming this when they are telling you the opposite

I was initially interested, but the more I've seen, the less it appeals to me. The frenetic action, the droning music, the visual staging (very bleak / drab); it all fits together wonderfully, but turns out to be very unattractive to me and my taste and actually just tiring. After 10 minutes of video footage, I was already sick of it.

FromSoft's output post Bloodborne / Dark Souls 3 in general doesn't really seem to cater to my taste anymore, sadly.

Love all the music I've heard from the game so far. Really adds to the cold and bleak atmosphere.

customization and playing your way is the point of Armored Core. they're not giving you a false choice with melee. don't know how or why you're assuming this when they are telling you the opposite

Yeah I know the point of Armored Core. Unlike 99.999999% of the people who say this looks incredible I've actually played the whole series (and honestly, the "point" of AC is really not the customization, it's just A point). They can tell me a lot of stuff but I stand by what I said. If melee doesn't always have higher stagger than guns, there's no point in ever using melee. From Software is not some mystical company who can do no wrong.

You can think beyond what they're telling you to how the mechanics actually work out you know. You don't have to take their word for it 100% of the time.

Yeah I know the point of Armored Core. Unlike 99.999999% of the people who say this looks incredible I've actually played the whole series (and honestly, the "point" of AC is really not the customization, it's just A point). They can tell me a lot of stuff but I stand by what I said. If melee doesn't always have higher stagger than guns, there's no point in ever using melee. From Software is not some mystical company who can do no wrong.

You can think beyond what they're telling you to how the mechanics actually work out you know. You don't have to take their word for it 100% of the time.
The problem with using melee all the time is that you also have no invincibility frames to protect you from all of the incoming damage that you're not going to be able to dodge or protect against by being in melee range. Being that close to the enemy means that you have less time to react to telegraphed attacks, so your criticism is only applicable for people that are already very familiar with the game.

Veterans might be able to pull off what you're suggesting, but it's an extremely risky strategy that most people won't be able to pull off.

Back
Top Bottom