• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Discussion Anyone else yet to have any snow this winter?

Well... I live in southern California, but it's been up and down, some days warm and sunny, some days rainy

Our fires are always bad though 😶

We had one or two very light dustings here in MA, but no proper snow yet. It looks like that may change this weekend.

We haven't had snow since the 28th of February 2018.

I know because I still keep some of it in the freezer in case I need emergency snow.

qwPLdk4.jpg

Very jealous of everyone in this thread. I just walked from work to the train and I’m a popsicle.

Had some a month ago, none since, it's 12 deg C today, I'm in Switzerland so temperatures should be lower.
I love snow, miss it.

I’m in Canada and we have not had meaningful snow this year

a dash of el niño and a pinch of climate ch— wait what are you doing, I said a pinch! just a piNCH NO NO NO NO NO

I live by the sea so snow is always incredibly rare. People still talk about the time we had enough snow to do stuff like build a snowman and I think that was back in the 90’s. It’s kinda sad cause I love snow.

No snow herevin the part of Netherlands where I live. Thankfully. I can't stand snow.

Well, I was hoping to go snowtubing this season, but... 🙃

Got a light dusting on December 31st. It already melted yesterday. Today is the first day I've gotten to wear a cableknit sweater my grandma made me back in October with a too slutty low neckline (my request, her chagrin, it looks dope af with my chest hair poking out). It is 6°C outside (and humid, I might add) and too hot for me to be wearing it tbh.

Anyhoo y'all hear how therapists are at a loss to therapize climate change anxiety because they can't really tell their clients to up and move to another planet that isn't affected by climate change?

GChuoiVWkAAdPES.jpg

I am visiting family in Philadelphia and over the last 2 weeks I have not seen any snow. Some ice here and there.

Had some cold days, but no snow yet. My city has been getting less snow for a while, especially compared to where I used to live, which is only 50 miles to the northwest. Not close enough to the Great Lakes to get hit with Lake Effect snow either. My car is rear wheel drive so I’m pretty okay with the roads being manageable but yeah, I do hope we get one good blanket at some point this year.

Not yet in CT, as most we had a frost over but that isn't snow. Also thank goodness I hate snow.

No. It’s always sunny in Philadel…

[gets booed off stage]

No snow yet, but I keep hearing that this is going to be a snow heavy winter so I already bought sidewalk “salt”. It’s magnesium chloride which is supposed to be pet friendly. I’m no scientician so I’ll take their word for it.

no snow yet in NYC. also latest snowfall (that stuck) of any year on record LY here as well... and it was literally pathetic. we were supposed to get snow this weekend, but any time snow is predicted, i predict that they will be wrong, so we shall see.

i absolutely love snow. if it's going to be freezing outside, it may as well snow. snow >>> rain. i didn't move from FL up north for no reason!!! thanks climate change!

I've given up on it snowing here anymore. It's a bummer because it makes my year when it snows even just a couple of times. Plus it's one of the few things outside my apartment that makes my dog happy. And I was really hoping to give my kid the experience of snow transforming their neighborhood.

I usually avoid attributing changes in weather to climate change, because of local maximums and all that, but come on. The pattern seems pretty clear.

no snow yet in NYC. also latest snowfall (that stuck) of any year on record LY here as well... and it was literally pathetic. we were supposed to get snow this weekend, but any time snow is predicted, i predict that they will be wrong, so we shall see.

i absolutely love snow. if it's going to be freezing outside, it may as well snow. snow >>> rain. i didn't move from FL up north for no reason!!! thanks climate change!
We have not gotten a big snowstorm since early 2021 if I recall. Last year, we barely got any snow here which is a big shock considering we get a blizzard almost every year.

Had some cold days, but no snow yet. My city has been getting less snow for a while, especially compared to where I used to live, which is only 50 miles to the northwest. Not close enough to the Great Lakes to get hit with Lake Effect snow either. My car is rear wheel drive so I’m pretty okay with the roads being manageable but yeah, I do hope we get one good blanket at some point this year.
proximity isn’t helping much, I’d say

source: I live at the edge of a Great Lake

even my in-laws who live at the edge of a different, colder Great Lake haven’t had a ton of snow yet

We have not gotten a big snowstorm since early 2021 if I recall. Last year, we barely got any snow here which is a big shock considering we get a blizzard almost every year.
you're in NYC, i'm guessing? there was a pretty big snow storm in january of 2022, but that was like the last time i've seen considerable snow fall here.

there was maybe an inch or two the week before Christmas, but that melted off quickly. We don’t have meaningful snow in December hardly at all anymore.

The last time I got snow where I live was in the mid-90s. And barely at that. It's been getting steadily warmer here all my life. 😅

The noticable difference this year is that it's warm enough that I'm still having to run the AC in the afternoons. In December.

We basically don't even have winter anymore. And summer's now so hot I can barely breathe outside.

I just got hit by windy rain snow while on my bike. I know it‘s wrong but I‘m looking forward to the short period in a soon future where climate change makes the area where I live hot but not too hot so it‘s still pleasant. You even can join to live with me if your place is burning but I only have space for one other person and when I look at my income the past few years, this will probably not change any time soon. Keep that in mind, I can’t save everyone. I still want it pleasant.

No snow here yet at all, and most days are in the 40-50 F ( 4-10 C) range. Summer’s gonna be another awful inferno with lots of wildfires like most years increasingly are. We’ve had several days where it approached 60 even. Wearin a T-shirt in the middle of winter

Yeah yeah, El Niño and all that, but it’s climate change. It was not this bad 30 years ago

None here… yet… in eastern MA.

That said we’re looking to get blasted this weekend but then it’s going to melt a few days later once temps shoot back up into the mid-40s / low 50s. In January. 😫

There's been snow since November, and it's currently -25 C (-13 F) outside. It's exceptionally cold for the time, but the summer was even more exceptionally hot.

It’s been too damn cold lately and it snowed a little bit on a few days but it never sticks around for more than one day. That’s El Nino for ya. Not worried about my state due to it being in the middle of nowhere. (Our winter pace is matching one from the 1930s, FWIW)

I say fuck snow, so I consider this a blessing outside of the wind chill. Same for us having next to no thunderstorms last summer which is tremendous news to me due to it helping my anxiety (the loud booms… trigger not so pleasant memories and so do fireworks but they never get as loud here as a severe storm which drives me bonkers.)

Next week is the big snow here though, but they said that a while ago and nothing happened, so… Hoping snow will be less intrusive and I wont have a day like last year where we got 6 inches of snow near February after a quiet December. (It was colder then though and I do NOT miss -0 temps)

It has snowed in northern Colorado several times this winter or even before winter - the first time was way back on Halloween weekend actually. Just a few inches here and there, though, nothing super deep or meaningful yet.

Getting a nice coating today. One of those where it sticks to the branches so it looks super beautiful.

It’s -30 (-22F) today -40 with the windchill 🥶 (-40 is actually the point at which Celsius and Fahrenheit are the same)

Doesn't snow where I live. But I have a work trip next month to Denver. Hopefully no snow.

Back
Top Bottom