• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Discussion Anyone attending Gen Con this year? Want to do a meetup?

WestEgg

King of the Krocs
Administrator
Pronouns
he/him
Hey folks! I am planning to go to Gen Con this year, so I figured I'd poll the place and see if anyone else might be interested in attending! The event is from August 3rd through 6th this year.

For those who don't know, Gen Con is the largest tabletop/board game convention in the world and is hosted at the Indiana Convention Center and Lucas Oil Stadium in downtown Indianapolis. It's pretty great for general gaming, cosplay, things like mini painting, and of course your standard con shopping.

Any way, if anyone is in the area and interested in meeting up for a bit, let me know! I'm thinking of just going to on Saturday myself. I know the local places pretty well and would love to meet some fami members!

gen-con-2019.jpg

Gen+Con+2012+Baloon+Dragon.jpg

Gen-Con-2018.jpg

Speaking as someone from an art studio, Gen Con is one of those convention that I always wanted to visit one day. So much board games to experience (hopefully some that we've drawn for). So many potential business contacts... But traveling from my corner of Asia to the non-coastal parts of USA is so tiring and so expensive...

I'll be there all weekend. Mostly working at a booth, but I'll be around!

Back
Top Bottom