• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

News Another Crab's Treasure, an underwater soulslike, coming to PC and consoles on April 25th (out now!)

Highlight of the show for me.

Day 1 and hopefully a nice physical version I can stick on the shelf.

Game looks really charming, I like underwater settings, and combat actually looks fairly smooth which is somewhat uncommon for indie 3D Soulslikes. Also liked the platformer elements from the trailer

Definitely one of the highlights of the show

From Going Under folk. I loved that one, quirky artstyle and very polished combat. Looking forward to this, it's gonna be a hard wait.

From Going Under folk. I loved that one, quirky artstyle and very polished combat. Looking forward to this, it's gonna be a hard wait.
Oh wait Going Under the work-themed roguelike? Haven't played it since I'm not a roguelike fan but I've heard good things. Well I'm a bit more confident they'll be able to pull this off

This looks really good but I hope it won't be too difficult. I am very bad at games.

This looks really good but I hope it won't be too difficult. I am very bad at games.
It does seem like they're including options to lower the difficulty, which is great to see. Those sort of accessibility options are good to have in difficult games (but let's not start the Souslike difficulty debate here)
Finally, a game to carry the Soulslike genre forward
I mean it looks better than Elden Ring to me

But my weird disappointment with Elden Ring aside, more Soulslikes should be platformers. It's weird, I'm not really a huge fan of platformers by themselves, with the exception of 3D Mario, but I really like platforming elements in other games. So I'm really excited to see it here. Reminds me a bit of Blue Fire, which was another pretty fun indie Soulslike 3D platformer that came out last year. This game looks a fair deal more polished though, but of course it's an early trailer

Dark Shells (excellent name, obviously they should have gone with that instead) looks fantastic. I don't know if I'll actually end up playing it, but it's on my radar now for sure.

Best part is that both Switch and Steam version are at least 60. Pick your poison and the experience will be good.

Everyone's probably gonna gloss over this one, but I honestly thought this looked really good from the direct. Maybe it's the underwater stuff that caught my attention. Love me underwater.

I was already in love when it first showed up in an indie showcase awhile ago. So excited that it's coming soon!

I didn't even know this existed until today but was definitely one of the cooler looking games in the Direct.

Can’t wait to pick this up tomorrow! Nice reviews. I think I’m gonna go for the PS5 version but am interested to hear people’s Switch impressions. 🦀

I hope patches can fix the polish and performance shortcomings. I think indie devs are not quite there yet when it comes to getting 3D games absolutely right.

When it comes to 2D, they are able to give the industry's giants a run for their money.

If I can find the time to fit this in, I'll be playing on Xbox since it's on Gamepass. Glad the reviews seem solid.

To everyone who's playing this on day (or week) one: I humbly request impressions/reviews to be delivered with as many oceanic puns as possible.

Sounds like this is ofishially a success
This is the kind of energy we need! Now talk to us more about how clawsome the combat is!

I'll get this on switch and see how it runs, hopefully it crabs me. Gotta say the gun it’s an interesting mechanic to combat difficultlty.

I'll be playing this when it drops tomorrow! I'm reel excited to sea it's been getting solid reviews.

Sounds like this is ofishially a success

Everyone make sure to come back and share your impressions tomorrow! Don't be shellfish!

I'll be playing this when it drops tomorrow! I'm reel excited to sea it's been getting solid reviews.
IMG_3658.png

This is one of those games where you can sea that the devs poured their heart and sole into the project.
It looks turtley awesome and while I wasn't shore I'd be able to get into it as someone who finds soulslikes frustrating and cheep, the accessibility options are a very whalecome touch.

If anyone gets the Switch version let minnow how if it performs; if it's a good port I'll bite.

Last edited:
Carcinisation suggests many rpg characters will eventually choose a crab build. Might as well get ahead of the curve.

Has it been unlocked? I'm looking forward to some impressions being posted here.

I'll get to this one as soon as I'm done with Hotline Miami.

I was gonna play this on Gamepass, but the sheer quality of the game from what I can tell makes me want to flip and pinch the game for myself.

Back
Top Bottom