• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Rumour an Xbox One achievement list for Forza Motorsport 2023 seems to exist on Microsoft’s servers.

Krvavi Abadas

Mr. Archivist
Pronouns
He/They
listed under the codename “Steelhead”, which is mentioned a few times in the final version’s files. “media/pcfamily/ui/textures/data_bound/steelhead.zip”

analysis of the list reveals that a likely Microsoft employee was earning achievements on it as early as August 31st, roughly two months prior to the release of the Series version. it also includes two extra achievements, one of which is clearly labeled as being a test.
IMG_0692.png

of particular curiosity is the fact that Microsoft has previously stated they were no longer developing new titles on the Xbox One, which combined with the fairly high-end nature of the game (Hi-Fi Rush seems like a more appropriate choice) suggests said port was probably only made for testing.
Sony appears to have done similar practice work as well, considering the evidence suggesting a PS4 port of the Demon’s Souls remake likely existed at one point.

It's well known that the game wad tested for XBO*. There are even leaked images of the XBO build of the game

*to those that followed the game

What was wrong with it?

Launched with less notable content than similar games in the last few years, visuals very inconsistent on Xbox Series X across tracks and car models and mostly looks beyond dated, no music, singleplayer content feels like the shittiest afterthought, online was mediocre, and had cheaters. Only good thing is handling felt good for the most part. After a break of many years since the last entry, this was beyond disappointing. Not even worth the free download on Game Pass right now.

What was wrong with it?
I out 100 hours into the new Forza but I will admit it's a disappointment compared to past games. The major issue for me is track variability. They launched with a small number of tracks and 95% of the tracks look extremely similar to each other: green trees surrounding the tracks, relatively flat track layouts, standard track infrastructure. Nothing about the tracks differentiate themselves too much from each other. They didn't launch with any of the desert or snowy mountain tracks like they've done in the past. Everything just feels the same.

Outside of a disappointing track roster, I love the game.

Launched with less notable content than similar games in the last few years, visuals very inconsistent on Xbox Series X across tracks and car models and mostly looks beyond dated, no music, singleplayer content feels like the shittiest afterthought, online was mediocre, and had cheaters. Only good thing is handling felt good for the most part. After a break of many years since the last entry, this was beyond disappointing. Not even worth the free download on Game Pass right now.
I didn't even like the handling, leaving very little for me to enjoy, although the section scores were fun, they were a tiny light in a sea of grey...

Impressive tech though, I guess.

Back
Top Bottom