• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

News Alien Hominid HD Announced (Switch, PC, Xbox)

Aw, heck yeah, this game has such a vibe to it. I remember it being hard as hell though; one of those games that I'm pretty sure I ended up using a level select cheat so I could see beyond the first couple levels and never actually beat "legitimately". It'll be interesting to see if I'm any better at it now.

Also kinda weird to see a 3rd party game coming to Switch, PC, and Xbox, but not Playstation.

Also kinda weird to see a 3rd party game coming to Switch, PC, and Xbox, but not Playstation.
Kind of funny when you consider the original was on PS2.

Speaking of which, I was interested in said original back in the day, but it never came out on GameCube in Europe. I waited and nothing came until I forgot about it.

Neat. Idk if I really want to play it now though, I kinda wore it out back in the day. I'd love a real sequel.

I recall wanting to play this back in the day. It turns out I actually saw a copy in a secondhand store the other day, but realized I probably couldn't justify the price of purchase at that moment.

What I'm saying is, this is the universe's reward for exhibiting such self-control, and you are all welcome.

odd note: they actually rebranded the original 360 release of the game to "Alien Hominid 360" shortly before this was annouced.
20230825_133459.jpg

i guess it's not considered "High Definition" anymore.
it's also worth noting that the original Xbox One version of Castle Crashers was a timed free upgrade if you previously bought it on 360, would be interesting to see if they repeat that here.

So, is Alien Hominid Invasion a sequel to this? At first I thought Invasion was just a remake of the original AH.
More or less a sequel, though the game structure seems to be very different from looking at it. Seems like less of an authored linear action game (metal slug clone) with more of a focus on multiplayer objective-based shenanigans, kind of along the lines of what they were doing with Battleblock?

More or less a sequel, though the game structure seems to be very different from looking at it. Seems like less of an authored linear action game (metal slug clone) with more of a focus on multiplayer objective-based shenanigans, kind of along the lines of what they were doing with Battleblock?

Ahh right, sounds good, glad we are getting both on Switch.

this is launching on November 1st alongside it's "sequel" Invasion.
while it's going to be sold standalone, there's also plans to release a bundle containing both it and said sequel for $24.99

Ohhhhh boy I used to play the heck outta the New grounds flash game so much back then! So much fun.

I only played the Alien Hominid HD version at a friend's house on the GameCube and it was cool too. Didn't think to get it again elsewhere.

I've been following The Behemoth's streams of this game in progress over the past couple of years or so and it's been cool. I'll get this eventually.

Rarely do we see a game release on the Switch, Xbox, PC but not PlayStation! Weird.

Anyone pick either of these up on Switch today? Curious to hear about them but no reviews seem to be available.
I did! Only played for a few minutes and yep, this is Alien Hominid and it's in HD. Performance wise it feels perfect, the same run n gun we know and love.

I did! Only played for a few minutes and yep, this is Alien Hominid and it's in HD. Performance wise it feels perfect, the same run n gun we know and love.

Nice one, did you go for the multipack with the new invasion game as well?

Back
Top Bottom