• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Fun Club After a costly battle, who do you allow to claim the spoils of victory in Pikmin?

Who do you allow to claim the bodies of your enemies and return them to the Onion?

• The Pikmin who took the most casualties. Their sacrifice must be honored.

Votes: 6 12.8%
  • The Pikmin with the lowest total population. The overall good must be considered.

Votes: 35 74.5%
  • I allow the Pikmin and Onions to decide for themselves.

Votes: 6 12.8%

• Total voters

WestEgg

King of the Krocs
Administrator
Pronouns
he/him
Title and poll basically says it all. When the dust settles and the corpse of a mighty foe lies before you, one that came at a dear cost, which Pikmin do you allow to claim the body and bring it back to the Onion for further Pikmin proliferation?

Pikmin-3b-1024x576.jpg

The Enemy is relentless, but the spoils of victory will allow you to thrive.
Usually, I will try to prioritize global Pikmin welfare, and aim to steadily raise the populations of all Pikmin. Yet, when I hear the lamenting wails of a dying Pikmin, I feel I owe it to their surviving kin to honor the sacrifice of their fallen and allow them to claim the body. I even feel this when the group that paid most dearly has a relatively high PIkmin count compared to the others.

Does anyone else feel similarly, or do you detach yourselves from such emotions, and plan in a utilitarian manner?

I'll usually let the type with the fewest Pikmin take it, but I'll change course if I lose a ton in a battle. The fallen must be respected.

None of the poll options. The peak men with the highest population, so that I always have a balanced mix of colors on hand in case a specific task comes up while the others are carrying stuff

The pikmin with the lowest population. Which is always going to be the purple pikmin, coincidentally. So the purple pikmin.

Wait does it matter what kind of Pikmin delivers the corpse to the Onion? I just throw whatever Pikmin at stuff.

Wait does it matter what kind of Pikmin delivers the corpse to the Onion? I just throw whatever Pikmin at stuff.
Then you have chosen option 3. Yes, whatever type of Pikmin carry the body back to the Onion determines what kind of Pikmin it produces. If Pikmin with no onion (or Oatchi) bring it back, it defaults to the one with the lowest population.

The Pikmin that died

Nothing is lost, nothing is created, everything is transformed

If you make more Pikmin that you lost every time, it’s basically always a no-death run

Any of you choosing option A are soulless people. You don't let your Pikmin die!!!!

It's option B for me. I often let Oatchi carry the big meals, but that defaults to option B as well.

Any of you choosing option A are soulless people. You don't let your Pikmin die!!!!
Right? Imagine not rewinding time the instant even a single Pikmin dies

...which is what I did until a single White Pikmin died while I was in a cave and I didn't notice until after I went to the next floor. So now I'd say I just boost whichever has the lowest population.

Right? Imagine not rewinding time the instant even a single Pikmin dies

...which is what I did until a single White Pikmin died while I was in a cave and I didn't notice until after I went to the next floor. So now I'd say I just boost whichever has the lowest population.

Look, if I suddenly lose half of my platoon in a matter of seconds, I am rewinding that battle. If we are talking about only a few pikmin lost, well, sacrifices must be made for the good of the state.

Answer D: I leave the corpse on the ground and ignore it since you don't need all the corpses anyways.
This was me in Pikmin 4 because of rewind. The areas I had cleared looked like open graveyards, because I left all corpses lying around.

Yes, whatever type of Pikmin carry the body back to the Onion determines what kind of Pikmin it produces. If Pikmin with no onion (or Oatchi) bring it back, it defaults to the one with the lowest population
That explains a lot actually

Back
Top Bottom