• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Fun Club Across the last two Zelda games, who's best bird?

Best bird

• Kass

Votes: 39 33.9%
  • Revali

Votes: 11 9.6%
  • Teba

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • Tulin

Votes: 24 20.9%
  • Penn

Votes: 35 30.4%
  • Another feathery fella

Votes: 1 0.9%

• Total voters

Irene

Soar long!
Pronouns
She/Her
"Would you like to hear the ancient verse passed down in this region?"

Can-you-Find-Kass-the-Bard-in-Tears-of-the-Kingdom.jpg

"I forgot that you have no way to make it up to that Divine Beast on your own!"

revali-large.jpg

"Looks like I got hit pretty good back there."

a9ef9be1106bcd8ea8bb1c2f27ec93ca.png

"Checking out that huge cloud wouldn't be hard! I can even do it alone!"

Screenshot-2023-06-03-105703.png

"Soar long, partner!"

Screenshot-2023-06-03-105131.png

Honestly a toss up between Penn and Tulin for me. I never really liked Revali and have little memory of Kass, although the accordeon is pretty cool. I just like the flying reporter a lot but Tulin's not too bad either.

Kass is the best design, Penn has the best pun, Tulin is the best boy, Revali has the best sass.

I think that about covers it? Did I forget someone?

Revali, Teba, and Tulin: We are plot important, voice acted, legendary warriors.

Players: I like the funny bird friends

I think purely from a character stand point, Penn. He's fun and I really enjoy his writing, and that he's completely oblivious to who Link is. Kass on the other hand has an amazing design, but I think narratively and even personality wise he's kinda bland. Most of what he offers could have been done by a stone carving just existing where there was a shrine quest.

Really I think I'm gonna have to give it to Revali, the champions in BOTW had so much lore and buildup to them, and they were treated as being the absolute best of the best of their respective races, making Revali's story of wanting to be seen and to be a positive role model, and how hard he pushed himself really enjoyable, even if he was annoying personality wise. Plus, the idea that he mastered the ability to create a gust of air in BOTW set him apart from other Rito, it was something special that only he could do, TotK retconned this kinda, but like that made him seem cool at least to me.

Revali, he is a good contrast to the other champions in how he addresses Link and I found it cool that he is a champion because of his skills alone, he isn't a chief, descendant with sacred powers or anything of the sort, and that behind his arrogance he does have insecurities and puts in a lot of work to be as skilled as he is. It also helps that Enzo Fortuny is the perfect voice for that type of character in the latam spanish dub.

Tulin’s a good kid and I like his power, so I would choose him first, second for me would be Launchpad McQu- Uhhh I mean Penn, third would be Kass I guess, he never really stood out to me though.

Penn gets my vote, with the Kakariko Chickens being a close second.

kass is the reliable one i want to wake up next to, but penn is who i go to for a good time

don't make me choose

Tulin because he’s been my best bud for nearly all of Tears of the Kingdom. He helps me get everywhere and he’s gotten so many clutch kills.

Otherwise I love Penn lol.

Loving the Penn love!

Clover Gazette was one of my favourite Side Adventure chains. Love how it all came together.

Tied between Kass and Penn for me. They're both among the most memorable quest givers of their respective game. Penn has the dorky catchphrases but Kass is a bard. Tough to pick between them.

Gonna be honest, I never understood the immense praise Kass received from fans. He's neat I guess but kind of overrated.

My vote goes to Revali on this one. He was a fun character and the ability you get from him was the best in the game by far.

Thought Revali at first but tbh Penn is just a straight up nice guy, hard to not give him the win for simply being that.

I like Penn and I didn't like Kass. Rest of the birds are forgettable.

Penn it is.

Soar long!

Back
Top Bottom