• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

News Ace Attorney Investigations Collection announced for PC and consoles, coming September 6th

Really hope this is leading up to a new game and Ace Attorney isn't in Mega Man territory, endless collections but no new games.

Really hope this is leading up to a new game and Ace Attorney isn't in Mega Man territory, endless collections but no new games.
They're out of collections to release unless they start doing full-on remakes (which they have brought up via fan polls IIRC). The only game not on modern platforms now is the Professor Layton crossover.

I'm a bit intrigued by the fact that this is releasing so soon when we just got the Apollo Justice Trilogy back in January. I figured they'd space it out a bit more; I wonder if there's more in the pipeline for next year.

and the professor layton games was published by level-5, so as far as capcom is concerned they're out of games to port.

speaking of layton vs AA, that one is in kind of a weird situation if level-5 wants to bring it to pc/more consoles since its western was fully done by nintendo and they would own the localization.

They're out of collections to release unless they start doing full-on remakes (which they have brought up via fan polls IIRC). The only game not on modern platforms now is the Professor Layton crossover.

I'm a bit intrigued by the fact that this is releasing so soon when we just got the Apollo Justice Trilogy back in January. I figured they'd space it out a bit more; I wonder if there's more in the pipeline for next year.
Releasing so soon after the AJ Collection makes me think this is leading up to AA7 next year. Keeping the momentum up and getting all the games out would be smart.

Worst case scenario is this and AJ Trilogy are tests to determine if AA7 should be greenlit. If there's nothing currently in development and we have to wait until 2027/2028 for a new game that would suck hard.

After the trilogy sold less than 5K copies I think they just didn't bother.
The weird thing is that they did release Phoenix Wright, skipped GAA, but then still did Apollo Justice and are now Investigations is coming too.

The weird thing is that they did release Phoenix Wright, skipped GAA, but then still did Apollo Justice and are now Investigations is coming too.
AJ Trilogy (and presumably this) are on RE Engine. That engine is more portable

At least this shows confidence in the series. Ace Attorney 7 seemed like a pipe dream after the reception of 5 and 6. Hopefully they get Takumi back.

At least this shows confidence in the series. Ace Attorney 7 seemed like a pipe dream after the reception of 5 and 6. Hopefully they get Takumi back.
AA5 and AA6 sold well and were positively received. The only game that underperformed was TGAA2 in Japan, a 2017 3DS sequel to a spinoff.

AA5 and AA6 sold well and were positively received. The only game that underperformed was TGAA2 in Japan, a 2017 3DS sequel to a spinoff.

They both only sold okay. AA5 wasn’t critically received as well as the other games, and AA6 was even worse in that regard. If you like those games, more power to you, but I remember when Capcom was grousing about Ace Attorney sales back when 5 was released.

It's cool but I'm still mad Capcom seems to see more market in Germany + Austria than all of the hispanic countries combined

They both only sold okay. AA5 wasn’t critically received as well as the other games, and AA6 was even worse in that regard. If you like those games, more power to you, but I remember when Capcom was grousing about Ace Attorney sales back when 5 was released.
Critically AA5 and AA6 received good reviews, they have 81s on Metacritic. It's only quibbling in the hardcore fanbase where AA5 has a mixed reception. AA6 is generally seen as one of of the better games in the series.

Both AA5 and AA6 met Capcom's sales expectations at the time.
AA5-Sales.png

AA6-Sales-Numbers.png

Critically AA5 and AA6 received good reviews, they have 81s on Metacritic. It's only quibbling in the hardcore fanbase where AA5 has a mixed reception. AA6 is generally seen as one of of the better games in the series.

Both AA5 and AA6 met Capcom's sales expectations at the time.
AA5-Sales.png

AA6-Sales-Numbers.png

Respectfully, you’re not saying anything that I don’t know or that contradicts anything that I’ve said. It’s cool if you like those games. I like those games, too. But there’s no need to try to start an argument where none exists.

The review scores aren’t bad by any means! The worst complaints are that the games are getting stale or that they’re too gimmicky—a couple reviewers still struggled with investigations, IIRC, but people did like the game. I’m pretty sure that it’s about the same on Metacritic as the others. There were just a broader range of opinions for 5 and 6, review-wise, than there were for the others, and more signs of series exhaustion.

So, I’d like it if Takumi showed up to breathe new life back into the series.

Now that all the AA games are on switch, that will be my next long series to jump into (once I am done with Sci/Adv :ROFLMAO: ).

So I have 2/3 of the apollo games on 3ds and I think I might play those there (if I should not let me know)

Respectfully, you’re not saying anything that I don’t know or that contradicts anything that I’ve said. It’s cool if you like those games. I like those games, too. But there’s no need to try to start an argument where none exists.
I mean you said AA5 and 6 were received so poorly to the point where the future of the series was in doubt and that Capcom was grumbling about 5's sales. That's not true by any metric.

Its funny how half the games for Switch I'll have in Japanese and the other half in English.

Makes me want to get them all in Japanese just so they line up better lol

Surprised they’re still bothering with Xbox releases for AA, given that one of the prior collections did abysmally on there.

Anyone know the best place to import the Japanese physical games to Europe? It's time for me to get the games physical, since Capcom doesn't want to release their games here.

So I have 2/3 of the apollo games on 3ds and I think I might play those there (if I should not let me know)
There is no reason to buy the games again if you already have them on 3DS. Though I really recommend the DLC. Especially the DLC case of AA5 is excellent. If you don't already own the DLC, that's Capcom's loss.

Maybe it's silly to ask since no one will surely know, but does anyone know what the hell is going on with this franchise and Spanish?

None of the compilations that have come out on Switch have been translated into this language (and I understand that this is dragging since the 3DS era) and I don't understand why, if the rest of Capcom games come translated into Spanish without problems.

Sebastian Debeste = Eustace Winner
Justine Courtney = Verity Gavèlle
Raymond Shields = Eddie Fender

Eustace apparently is a more accurate localization of his JP name's pun. Winner is a bit on-the-nose for me, I think Debeste is better.
I think Winner could also be because it’s close to “whine” haha

—————

• Re: AAI Bad - The first game has several factors that take away from it. I really think the last case could have been better if the twist of that certain character was left for last, instead of revealing who the big baddie was.

Obligatory:

comic142.png

I can’t believe my stubborn refusal to not play the fan translation of 2 has finally paid off! Excited to finally get to play it for the first time Capcom I beg you don’t make me play through 1 first

Lots of great games in that Direct but somehow I might be most excited for this.
Never played any of the AAI games, LFG!!!

Capcom really hates us in the UK/EU when it comes to smaller titles and physical release huh? Still haven't got Apollo Trilogy yet as I'm hoping to get it physically and at a slightly cheaper price (I ain't spending £50+, that's too much).

This was my game of the Direct. I gasped when it showed up. Even though I included this on my wishlist post in the spoiler-free Direct thread, I wasn't expecting to see it or to see it coming out so soon. It feels so good to FINALLY be getting an official English release of the game I've seen on so many "Best Ace Attorney Games" lists. I can't wait to play and to complete my Ace Attorney collection on my Switch.

I can't help but wonder as I do with most games these days if Capcom might re-release or update all of these collections for Switch 2 to support 4K. Not exactly a franchise that needs it, but I still wonder.

3D remake of pw trilogy in re engine first probably
I think you might be right and we could eventually get an AA 1-3 remake. I'd definitely prefer AA7, but my understanding is that the Phoenix Wright trilogy is the collection with the fewest features and TLC given to it, which seems odd given it's probably the most popular and beloved trilogy/duology of the franchise.

Ideally, I'd like AA7 first, followed by AA 1-3 remake in whatever engine/style AA 7 uses if it must happen.

I can't help but wonder as I do with most games these days if Capcom might re-release or update all of these collections for Switch 2 to support 4K. Not exactly a franchise that needs it, but I still wonder.

I think you might be right and we could eventually get an AA 1-3 remake. I'd definitely prefer AA7, but my understanding is that the Phoenix Wright trilogy is the collection with the fewest features and TLC given to it, which seems odd given it's probably the most popular and beloved trilogy/duology of the franchise.

Ideally, I'd like AA7 first, followed by AA 1-3 remake in whatever engine/style AA 7 uses if it must happen.
I'd prefer that too! But my expectation is they buy more time by doing the trilogy again, but with story mode, text backlog, a gallery mode, and so on, to bump it up to the standard of the other collections.

wish they would go back and update the first trilogy with some of the QoL features of the later collections. the history function specially feels like a big thing to not have in those games.

Can't believe i didn't post in here due to the sheer overwhelm of other announcements, so allow me to correct this:

EEEEEEEDGEWORTH!

Anyone know the best place to import the Japanese physical games to Europe? It's time for me to get the games physical, since Capcom doesn't want to release their games here.
Playasia is your best bet, they have all 3 currently available collections and this one is already there for pre order. I order from them to EU without problems

Playasia is your best bet, they have all 3 currently available collections and this one is already there for pre order. I order from them to EU without problems
Amazon.co.jp tends to have less delivery fees (and is faster to deliver your games from Japan)

I mostly use Playasia for Chinese/Hong Kong versions, but imo Amazon.co.jp is just more convenient and less expensive for Japanese games.

Amazon.co.jp tends to have less delivery fees (and is faster to deliver your games from Japan)

I mostly use Playasia for Chinese/Hong Kong versions, but imo Amazon.co.jp is just more convenient and less expensive for Japanese games.
Thank you both!

What about customs? It's been so long since I've imported anything, will I need to pay extra tax?

Thank you both!

What about customs? It's been so long since I've imported anything, will I need to pay extra tax?
I think it depends on your country and what you're importing. Wouldn't be able to answer you. I don't think I pay any in France when importing games ? (Unless it's just included in the delivery fees, in which case I don't pay much then)

Yeah ordered from them too with no issues, it is also a good choice.

Thank you both!

You will pay VAT when ordering, it will be included on the price and they should not stop in customs, at least mine never did. If your order is more that 150€ than you won't pay VAT when you order but the order will be stopped by customs and you will need to pay them fees (the 150€ amount can vary from country, I'm not sure if it applies to all EU countries)

Preordered.

Now you're stuck capcpom. Nothing more to remaster or rerelease.

Nothing left but a new entry. Do it.

Pre ordered the physical, can't wait to experience an official translation of AAI2

Back
Top Bottom