• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

News Ace Attorney Investigations Collection announced for PC and consoles, coming September 6th

Investigations 2 finally getting localized is actually insane

It's not quite Mother 3, but dang it's up there on the list of releases I had given up on

I didn't expect this so soon. Very happy that I can finally play the last two AA games.

Now there can be nothing else delaying AA7 :LOL:

They were veeery timid showing localized content for AAI2, but were very open with using it’s soundtrack for the trailer haha

So glad this was real.

Regret reading spoilers for investigating 2 a decade ago now.

Will still be fin to play it for the first time though!

On another note, the localized names are gonna take a lot of time getting used to.

Poor Sebastian got renamed to Eustace Winner lmao

I've never finished one and never played 2. Is 2 still as good as I remember people saying? I didn't love 1, thought it was decent enough.

I really need to at least finish the first Ace Attorney trilogy one of these days

did like the first 2 and a half cases in the first game in it and just stopped for no particular reason

i would like to think this comment i made on the apollo justice trilogy release date trailer on capcom's youtube channel was what convinced them do the collection jk :)

RGcD90B.png

I've never finished one and never played 2. Is 2 still as good as I remember people saying? I didn't love 1, thought it was decent enough.
2 is amazing start to finish

None of the names were going to be on par with the OG names anyway, so I'm fine with any English names they come up with.

Ichiyanagi is still top tier.

While I appreciate the news... I'm kinda getting anxious about AA7. It's about to be 7 years since the lats game....
There’s a high probability the game has been in pre production before hammering what they can do, but I’m hopeful it’ll release soon.

And to my understanding, the series is yet to have a leading person, since the last one quit

OMG, I'm so in. Never played either of the 2 games so I'm excited.

I'm so happy to have every single AA game on my Switch and be able to play the ones that weren't localized before!

Only AA7 left now............. 👀

Adding an option to replace the sprites with these sorta caricature style drawings is pretty cool. Much prefer that to an upscale.

about_chara_new.png

I replayed Investigations 2 not too long. Very grateful to the fan translation team but the Investigation games both have fairly dry, repetitive scripts. A modern localization to punch it up would help, assuming they're willing to write new jokes.

Box/key art is great, by the way.

I'm pretty excited for this! Playing through TGAA right now and still have the Apollo Justice Trilogy to get but I've heard nothing but great things about AAI2

I've heard nothing but bad things about AAI though but I guess I can get through it for my man Edgeworth (unless the advice is just to skip it?)

are there any localization comparisons out yet between the fan translation and capcom's?
Sebastian Debeste = Eustace Winner
Justine Courtney = Verity Gavèlle
Raymond Shields = Eddie Fender

Eustace apparently is a more accurate localization of his JP name's pun. Winner is a bit on-the-nose for me, I think Debeste is better.

I've heard nothing but bad things about AAI though but I guess I can get through it for my man Edgeworth
I think it's pretty okay. Definitely not the best entry in the series, but I enjoyed it. Though, the last case is infamous for dragging on forreeeevvveeeeer, to the point where it loops back around to being funny to me.

I'd still put it above Apollo Justice and most of Dual Destinies tbh

How far we've come since the dark days of being an Ace Attorney fan on the west.

Capcom has made a stellar job with the series this generation, kudos.

I'm pretty excited for this! Playing through TGAA right now and still have the Apollo Justice Trilogy to get but I've heard nothing but great things about AAI2

I've heard nothing but bad things about AAI though but I guess I can get through it for my man Edgeworth (unless the advice is just to skip it?)

AAI1 really is bad, I tried twice and could never get past the third case. Haven't played 2 yet, I'll buy the collection in order to play it and for the sake of completion.

I am unbelievably excited for this. It's been about 3.5-4 years since I played the AAI2 fan translation, so I'll definitely be playing this day one as it'll feel rather fresh with a new localisation and character names (and it's not like I fully remember the story anyhow).

Can't believe we've gotten first time localizations for both GAA and AAI2 in recent years. Franchise is alive and well, just give me that sequel already Capcom!

Really hoping we get a physical release, but either way it's a day 1 buy for me

EDIT: Oh, I see the tweet above mentioning physical on Switch for the US! lfg

Can't believe we've gotten first time localizations for both GAA and AAI2 in recent years. Franchise is alive and well, just give me that sequel already Capcom!

Really hoping we get a physical release, but either way it's a day 1 buy for me
Physical release is confirmed for the Switch only on the official website! Others seem to be missing, I wonder if these games do better on Switch. Apollo Justice got physical releases on all platforms just earlier this year, so it's a bit odd.

Edit: I think I was fooled by fake box art, seems they've consistently only gotten Switch physical releases in the West. (Except Phoenix Wright.)

Physical release is confirmed for the Switch only on the official website! Others seem to be missing, I wonder if these games do better on Switch. Apollo Justice got physical releases on all platforms just earlier this year, so it's a bit odd.
Yup, just saw the tweet from Wario! I was gonna get this on Switch anyway, but now it is sealed. GAA was physical in the US only as well, kind of a bummer for fans in other countries. At least it's region free

Back
Top Bottom