• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Rumour a trophy list for a (likely cancelled) PS5 port of Hardware Rivals has suddenly appeared in the PSN database.

Krvavi Abadas

Mr. Archivist
Pronouns
He/They
GFSb0D_WUAQQl_X.jpg:orig

the trophy list.

there's two particularly unusual things with this. one is that the trophy set is fairly different from the PS4 version, including some new content. the other is the wording of it being a "lite" (or demo) version, as the original game launched as part of what is now known as the "essential" tier of Playstation Plus.

there is a user tied to the game, and they've also uploaded numerous screenshots and videos of it.

28Pkv9I.jpeg

media_EfriJBVVoAA9W6-.jpg

if this sounds familiar, last month had a similar achievement list leak of what appeared to be a Xbox One port of the 2023 Forza Motorsport game. including the same setup of a likely employee having the title listed on their PSN/Xbox account, except......

the images and videos actually predate the launch of the PS5!

rather than being a specific PSN account, the posts were uploaded by a Twitter user (seemingly a young child whose parents worked at Sony, judging from the rest of their content.) from August 2020 to October 2020, some of the media even contains an early version of the PS5's system UI.

FqqZFEs.jpeg

with that in mind, it adds an unusual wrinkle to the story. namely the possibility the title was cancelled and the sudden public listing of it's trophies was a mistake. particularly as the original PS4 version had it's online servers shut down back in 2021. (a year after the release of the PS5)

i did a bit of digging to see if any staffers at the SCE Connected Content Group mentioned this port, but all i could really find were some vague mentions of future work. one dev was "creating RESTful web services," after the release of the PS4 version, and another did some "prototype development for a follow-up project." that may or may not be this.
image.png

more generally, i also noticed that a large amount of the development team previously worked on Playstation Home. of all things.

Back
Top Bottom