• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Rumour A Live Action Legend of Zelda Movie is in development by Universal Studios

Andre3333456

Moblin
Pronouns
He/Him

I would prefer it being animated by Illumination but this may sound somewhat like the cancelled live action Netflix Zelda movie.

I’m not seeing this discussed anywhere else so consider me a skeptic for now.
Yeah because the leaker is floundering lately. They had some MCU info awhile back but their info seems to no longer be accurate. Why someone who has info inside the MCU would also know stuff going on inside Universal also seems suspect even if his source didn't fall off a cliff.

The leaker used to be pretty good with the Marvel stuff but they been pretty bad lately. Outside of marvel their track record is even more iffy.

I don’t think this is real but I do think they will try for live action with Zelda. They’re gonna want it to be their prestige fantasy series instead of just something for kids, and unfortunately there is still a strong stigma against animation as serious storytelling.

I don’t think this is real but I do think they will try for live action with Zelda. They’re gonna want it to be their prestige fantasy series instead of just something for kids, and unfortunately there is still a strong stigma against animation as serious storytelling.
I thought Princess Mononoke and other Ghibli movies were well-regarded in the US?

I thought Princess Mononoke and other Ghibli movies were well-regarded in the US?
The Ghibli movies don't really make a ton of money here; they have their fans but the highest grossing one is Arrietty at 20 million at the box office. Even so, Ghibli movies are still generally seen, most generously, as being in the Pixar realm - aimed at kids but enjoyable enough for adults. Whereas, I would guess, Universal/Nintendo want a Zelda adaptation to be a LOTR-level hit.

I do believe though if a Zelda movie were to happen it would be live action. Universal would love to have its Lord of the Rings franchise.

Never heard of this poster. They trustworty?
About as trustworthy as an employer who pays you in these bills, tbh.

XcYpEon.jpeg

Live-action Link would almost 100% get a voice so it should be someone memorable.

Get Austin Butler to do his Elvis voice.

Well for starters... nothing is in development right now... I have no doubt the concept probably exists, but I guarantee nothing is happening anytime soon even if it does.

It's MyTimeToShineHello, you can fully dismiss the rumor.

Had a few hits with MCU rumors once upon a time, (mostly just No Way Home, and that was a very, very, very leaky production from the get go) now they're just piggybacking rumors.

Not so long ago, piggybacked the rumor that Thor 5 was in pre production right now, with Taika Waititi returning, rumor that started from a misinterpretation in the booklet of Thor Love and Thunder. Variety had to come and said that Thor 5 is NOT in production lmao

And currently they're piggybacking Asokha rumors that come from Reddit and pass it as their own rumors.

Back
Top Bottom