• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

NSO Mario Party 3 coming to NSO Expansion Pack 10/27

FINALLY ITS ABOUT TIME
surprised to see it’s rated T for Teen
Perhaps due to the gambling aspect of the game? (Game Guy spaces)

Finally it has come just in time for the holidays! Will definitely be playing some this weekend

N64
  • Goldeneye (in Japan)
  • Harvest Moon 64 (only announced for Japan; might also end up coming to other regions since Harvest Moon on SNES suggests they've now worked something out regarding the rights)

GBA
  • Golden Sun
  • F-Zero Maximum Velocity
I actually wouldn't be surprised if 1080 launched in December, because of December usually being associated with snow and all.

MY YEAR OF COMPLAINING IS OVER

Also really glad they didn't remove Game Guy like some were speculating. Can't wait to play this with my bro.

Still got my fingers crossed for a new roadmap when 1080 drops. Still have Smash, DK64 and DKR. Throw in a batch of Konami/Hudsonsoft games and that’d be a solid update roadmap

Nintendo announced and released a new pikmin and 2d Mario in between this game getting announced and released for NSO

So we are for sure getting a new batch during the February direct right? We still have smash 64 and a fair few rare games left to add

Buy your reverse shrooms bros. Best item and coin economy in the series, with decent boards and mini games and good variety overall.

FINALLY ITS ABOUT TIME
surprised to see it’s rated T for Teen
Perhaps due to the gambling aspect of the game? (Game Guy spaces)
IIrc, all the N64 NSO games get a blanket T rating because of Goldeneye and Winback being included in the service, rather than the individual games themselves being rated.

the last great pending EP game is out

now to suffer a bit before the vast unknown: do we get cool N64 hidden gems after this? Diddy Kong, Smash? or do we just get nothing and it's all GBA (which I wouldn't mind after we get through those two duds in the way. Bring on GP Legend and Climax! Not... that one)

It's been years since I played this. My favorite mini-game back then was Aces High. If I load up this game, is it possible for me to jump straight into playing that game? I haven't played a Mario Party in years and don't remember how you can access the mini-games in this one. They sadly didn't include Aces High in Superstars.

It's been years since I played this. My favorite mini-game back then was Aces High. If I load up this game, is it possible for me to jump straight into playing that game? I haven't played a Mario Party in years and don't remember how you can access the mini-games in this one. They sadly didn't include Aces High in Superstars.
Oh man that was one of my most missed too. Think this one is a handful unlocked from the start, but then you have to play a game in story mode, buy it then it’s in the library

Oh man that was one of my most missed too. Think this one is a handful unlocked from the start, but then you have to play a game in story mode, buy it then it’s in the library

You definitely need to unlock minigames by playing them in party/story mode, but you don't have to also buy them unlike Mario Party 1/2.

I hope we can finally get a new NSO roadmap now.

Unfortunately we still have to get 1080° Snowboarding. Japanese users also still have to get that, Harvest Moon 64 and even GoldenEye (long after we got it back in January this year).

I feel like we're probably gonna be waiting until like, the February Direct next to potentially get any new roadmaps. Incidentally we also still have two GBA games from the roadmap announced earlier this year (F-Zero and Golden Sun). Assuming the rest of NSO EP updates are for N64 (they kinda have to be if they want to get every announced N64 game for all regions from last year out in time of their 2023 deadline), maybe we'll get those at the begining of next year in time of the February Direct so they can announce the next batch of N64 and GBA games.

I wonder why it takes them so long to roll out Smash 64. The Wii U never even got it. Maybe the licensing is time consuming to get right with all the companies involved.

I wonder why it takes them so long to roll out Smash 64. The Wii U never even got it. Maybe the licensing is time consuming to get right with all the companies involved.
Smash 64 only had Nintendo characters. The series didn't get its first third-party character until the third game, so there shouldn't be any rights issues to speak of unless HAL Laboratory is being weird about the game being on NSO for some reason.

uhhhhh smash 64 had....0 non nintendo characters
Smash 64 only had Nintendo characters. The series didn't get its first third-party character until the third game, so there shouldn't be any rights issues to speak of unless HAL Laboratory is being weird about the game being on NSO for some reason.

Technically there are still other parties they have to get involved like HAL Laboratory, Creatures and Game Freak.

maxresdefault.jpg

uhhhhh smash 64 had....0 non nintendo characters
HAL and GameFreak have partial ownership over characters in the game. If you’re gonna do this “um ackshully” bit, at least understand what I’m referring to. 😛

I'm looking forward to playing this. MP3 was the one where I played the least growing up. I'm pretty sure that we only rented it once or twice. Mom wouldn't buy it for us because "It is just the same as that other Mario Party game I bought you kids last year!"

So yea. I can't wait to dive deep into it.

I'm looking forward to playing this. MP3 was the one where I played the least growing up. I'm pretty sure that we only rented it once or twice. Mom wouldn't buy it for us because "It is just the same as that other Mario Party game I bought you kids last year!"

So yea. I can't wait to dive deep into it.
It’s my fave of the original trilogy and definitely the most refined. Several of my fave minigames didn’t make superstars either. Plus an actual story mode with multiple ending bonuses

HAL and GameFreak have partial ownership over characters in the game. If you’re gonna do this “um ackshully” bit, at least understand what I’m referring to. 😛
Fair enough. I just didn't see any conversations with HAL or Game Freak and Creatures being a significant obstacle, so the thought of it potentially being one didn't spring to mind when I read your post. I've just been assuming that Nintendo is saving the game for a rainy day or something.

There are a number of games that one can point to as being weird for not being on NSO yet, and I simply throw Smash 64 onto the pile.

Fair enough. I just didn't see any conversations with HAL or Game Freak and Creatures being a significant obstacle, so the thought of it potentially being one didn't spring to mind when I read your post. I've just been assuming that Nintendo is saving the game for a rainy day or something.

There are a number of games that one can point to as being weird for not being on NSO yet, and I simply throw Smash 64 onto the pile.
Earthbound and it’s music releases and has always been a bumpy road for Nintendo lol

It still makes me laugh when it got that special announcement in the direct for its NSO release.

Granted. It might not be an issue for that IP for smash re-release. But you never know.

Crossposting from the general NSO thread but I went and looked at the incomplete N64 game list and filled in what a could (blue is confirmed or safe bet, red is speculation) among other things its pretty clear that there's no issue with HAL and Smash Bros it's just nintendo being nintendo and continuing to sit on things.
SpeculationN64USPAL.png

Crossposting from the general NSO thread but I went and looked at the incomplete N64 game list and filled in what a could (blue is confirmed or safe bet, red is speculation) among other things its pretty clear that there's no issue with HAL and Smash Bros it's just nintendo being nintendo and continuing to sit on things.
SpeculationN64USPAL.png
Considering licensed games are now on the table perhaps that’s what the W-Y gap may be?

i brought this up some time ago, but it's more likely to be Worms Armageddon. as the game is already on the competing Playstation Plus Premium service. and there was a physical cartridge re-release a while back.
WormsArmageddon_Mockup_Market_Banner_Standard_N64.png
Great game so that’d be rad. Honestly wouldn’t be surprised if we got an update roadmap trailer next month and 1080 dropping. I really think they’d think a third party heavy wave would be worth doing a promo for

Love everything about this game, the Millennium Star/Tumble, the minigames, Duel Mode and even Game Guy's torture mode.

Back
Top Bottom