• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

News Street Fighter II' : Special Champion Edition, Pulseman, Kid Chameleon and Flicky have been added to MegaDrive/Genesis NSO

Coco

Armamenter ❄️

Ready for the next challenge? Then … fight! Today, four more action-packed, hero-filled games have joined the SEGA Genesis™ – Nintendo Switch Online library: STREET FIGHTER II' : SPECIAL CHAMPION EDITION, Pulseman, Kid Chameleon and Flicky. You can play them all right now on the Nintendo Switch™ system with a Nintendo Switch Online + Expansion Pack membership.

Oh man, Pulseman! Always wanted to play that one :O
(Definitely another one for the "What games do you want on Switch nobody cares about"-thread)

Pulseman is a great get! Maybe I'll finally play it...

I played a decent amount of Flicky thanks to Sonic Mega Collection. It's a fun little arcade game with nice risk/reward in having longer bird chains. I've played some Kid Chameleon too. The design is kinda Mario-like, but I was never very good at it...

Pulseman is certainly a huge deal, but it's also interesting to note the Japanese lineup is identical.

why? because Flicky didn't get a traditional release over there. it was one of the titles exclusive to the Sega Game Toshokan service, and would later be included in a SEGA-CD exclusive compilation (that was packaged inside a can, for some reason) also containing several other titles released for it.

Yes!!!!!!!!! Flicky was my mother's favorite game ever. She's been gone 15 years now but I can play it again. I know it's on the Sega collection but the app is much more convenient plus I think the collection has input lag so hopefully this version doesn't.

Man, SFII is already fire, but there’s also Pulseman! I’ve always wanted to play Pulseman.

Nintendo seems to be dead set on filling my gaming to-do list this year with NSO retro offerings.

Y'all think they stick it out with NSO and drip feed into Switch 2? I think that'll be a good method of making sure we don't run out of games.

Finished a playthrough of Pulseman. I forgot how absolutely wild some of those backgrounds get. Had to take some breaks.

Y'all think they stick it out with NSO and drip feed into Switch 2? I think that'll be a good method of making sure we don't run out of games.

That is the intent afaik. Carrying over services like NSO to future consoles so we don't have to start from zero again.

Ah SFII will play horribly on the 3 button official NSO pad (that I sheepishly bought). Time to dust off the 8bitdo 6 button controller instead, but the buttons being labelled like an actual Mega Drive controller always made it really confusing to map.

Why oh why didn't they just give us a 6 button option!?

(Remembering I also have a PowerA Fusion fight pad.)

Good update, this. Still absolutely tons they could release. Will any Mega CD or 32X games come?

I guess this just about rules out GB/GBA for this month…
GBA is probably ruled out because with Fusion, at least, Nintendo gave an announcement the week prior, but there's no set pattern yet.

GB I think is likelier, I think, purely because the base subscription hasn't had any retro games this month, but I wouldn't count on the Oracle games being next - it could well just be a slightly random pair of games.

This is a pretty good selection, anyway. Pulseman especially is intriguing.

Edit - tbf, I don't think we have enough info yet to really know how Nintendo will pace NSO titles now the GB family is present across two tiers. I'd just err on the side of caution and assume they'll continue to be quite slow.

Great line up, 4 new games is already quite a good month, but the 4 are interesting even. Very cool.
Sega saving the NSO+ from the awfully slow release rate.

GBA is probably ruled out because with Fusion, at least, Nintendo gave an announcement the week prior, but there's no set pattern yet.

GB I think is likelier, I think, purely because the base subscription hasn't had any retro games this month, but I wouldn't count on the Oracle games being next - it could well just be a slightly random pair of games.

This is a pretty good selection, anyway. Pulseman especially is intriguing.

Edit - tbf, I don't think we have enough info yet to really know how Nintendo will pace NSO titles now the GB family is present across two tiers. I'd just err on the side of caution and assume they'll continue to be quite slow.
That's a good point. It's just pretty weird that they announced a list of GB games coming to NSO in the future and so far (two months in) we have gotten...none of them.

Oh dang, consider me pleasantly surprised. I didn't think NSO Genesis was due until next week at the earliest for an update since we got N64 last week

That's a good point. It's just pretty weird that they announced a list of GB games coming to NSO in the future and so far (two months in) we have gotten...none of them.
I think it's because the potential GB selection is be pretty big and mostly dropped without a preceding announcement. The titles they confirmed for the service were just indicative of high profile games that will eventually launch, but not indicative of a release schedule (unlike GBA and N64 on the expansion pass).
Oh dang, consider me pleasantly surprised. I didn't think NSO Genesis was due until next week at the earliest for an update since we got N64 last week
Fingers crossed something arrives next week, too. I'm in the mood for Kid Icarus: Of Myths & Monsters.

Back
Top Bottom