• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

News 31 of the 38 N64 games featured on the Lodgenet service have been found and dumped

robertman2

Chain Chomp
Pronouns
He/him

this was a system in hotels that allowed you to pay for a selection of Nintendo 64 games for an hour at a time. Huge deal for me since this is what got me into Nintendo and gaming as a whole

as an FYI (since this somehow got enough attention that Forest of Illusion had to delete the announcement tweet.) most of the games are relatively unmodified compared to the retail releases. mostly involving dummying out multiplayer options, even saving is resolved by using an extra application that wipes SRAM and the EEPROMs when switching games. rather than being disabled in the games themselves.

one major exception to this is Donkey Kong 64. which appears to be a revision of the game that was never released outside lodgenet, it has fixes to some of the more notorious bugs like going into first person causing the player's angle to screw up (which is what allows for exploits like swimming through walls) and adding an invisible wall to banana fairy island to prevent the player from clipping inside using the shoreline.
these were already in the PAL and Japanese versions, but there's also an extra toggle when starting a new game that lets you skip the training barrels. which was presumably done specifically to deal with lodgenet's time limit. (the opening cutscene is also skippable now, though the between-level ones aren't.)
FumwmS3WYAUh24S.jpg

Ocarina Of Time also looks to be an intermediary build between v1.2 and the version released on Gamecube, most notably replacing the Gerudo symbol with an original logo. as the old design resembled a symbol more commonly used to represent Islam.

Does anyone know what happened to Forest of Illusion? They've wiped all traces of themselves off the web
Togemet2 (the owner of the account) is fine, i've gotten word of that from one of my game research Discords.

but we don't know the specifics of why the FoI account was deleted. and it sounds like he's currently legally unable to explain the situation for the time being, according to the last message he sent.
(if you're concerned about the prototypes he's released, those are okay. people have been making sure those are safe.)

edit: to clarify on the legal thing, apparently it's not related to any of their releases. but i'm not going to speculate on the matter further, considering it sounds fairly personal.

Last edited:
Togemet2 (the owner of the account) is fine, i've gotten word of that from one of my game research Discords.

but we don't know the specifics of why the FoI account was deleted. and it sounds like he's currently legally unable to explain the situation for the time being, according to the last message he sent.
(if you're concerned about the prototypes he's released, those are okay. people have been making sure those are safe.)
Yeah, I saw the updates from TCRF server

Hope it's not too bad

Back
Top Bottom