• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Discussion 2023 is a ridiculously good year for gaming!

souio

Moblin
Pronouns
he/him
There's literally something for everyone in every genre!

• TOTK
  • Diablo 4
  • Street Fighter 6
  • RE4 Remake
  • Octopath Traveler 2
  • Pikmin 4
  • Spider-Man 2
  • Starfield
  • Super Mario Wonder
  • Super Mario RPG Remake
  • FF16
  • Theatrhythm Curtain Call

Plus tons of others I'm missing. I feel like there was something big to look forward to almost every single month.

Last edited:
Anyone saying that "gaming used to be better" is objectively wrong. Video games are better than ever, generally speaking, and we get plenty of 'em.

Any year that includes a new Bethesda Game Studios game and a new Warioware is automatically better than most years.

Any year that includes a new Bethesda Game Studios game and a new Warioware is automatically better than most years.
Oh crap, I literally forgot about Starfield even though that's one of my most anticipated games! Added to OP. What's already a great year of gaming is going to turn into an all-time great year for gaming if people keep reminding me of these lol (It's funny cause when writing a list and including every genre, my mind blanked on FPS)

There is so much more too!

• Starfield
  • Armored Core VI
  • Helldivers 2
  • Forza Motorsports
  • Fire Emblem Engage
  • Advance Wars: Reboot Camp
  • Suikoden 1/2 Remaster
  • Metroid Prime 1 Remaster

Anyone saying that "gaming used to be better" is objectively wrong. Video games are better than ever, generally speaking, and we get plenty of 'em.

While I agree that we have a lot of great games coming out, there are still industry practices that turn me off.

My 40th Year of Life allowed me to see the proud return of 2D Mario, 2D Sonic, a new Armored Core, a new Dragon Quest Monsters, remakes of Star Ocean 2 + Mario RPG and a new Zelda game. Among so many others.

It's like the universe really wanted me to come full circle with my loves and my hobbies!

And we're still not done seeing everything, yet!

Easily one of my favorite years so far, no idea how I'll end up ranking my top 5 by the end.

Might be the best year in gaming in my life. Across multiple genres (fighting, turn-based, open world, wide linear, rhythm, survival horror, licensed, etc) there's so many really high quality games. I put 75 hours into Fire Emblem Engage (which I loved), I don't know if it'll be in the top 5 favorite games this year by time we reach December.

HI FI RUSH
Okay everyone can shut up now when it comes to reminding me of all these good games I haven't played yet, otherwise my wallet will be empty before I can buy Wonder!

spoiler cause sometimes humourous tones aren't always the best conveyed through text

I mean this is a result of the pandemic delaying so many projects. This year has also been amazing for movies.

Between Fire Emblem, Octopath II, Advance Wars and Zelda, I feel like the first half the year was ‘let’s release exactly the shit PixelKnight loves’.

Every year is a great year for gaming. No, seriously. Even if I could somehow spend all my time playing video games, my lifetime would still not be enough to play all the good stuff.

Back
Top Bottom