• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Sales Data 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim has sold 1 million units (Important Update in Threadmarks)

Bought it on both PS4 and Switch so I did all I could do. I'd gladly dip again for a PC version.

I played and liked it so i'm certainly not trying to say it's bad or anything but I feel like it gets a bit overhyped by people that don't normally play VNs and aren't used to that sort of mindbending narrative

I have bought this game 4 times. One for myself, three for gifts. I could see myself doing more.

Excellent! 1 million seems very good for this kind of game, although I don't have much of a frame of reference. I would love another game in a similar vein.

I remember there was a 300 k sales anouncement a while ago, considering the type of game it is i never thought it would make it to 1 million.

A great, unique and pleasant story to follow so that's cool.

Deserved. Congrats to Vanillaware, they worked their ears off for this one.

Such a remarkable achievement of a game. Absolutely groundbreaking.

Still haven't bought it. Shit is expensive from where I live. I'm waiting for a second hand but looks like everyone is keeping it close.

Playing through it right now. Definitely an experience. Kinda have the same feelings for it as I had towards the original Nier, where the game overused tragedy to the point where it was funny. 13 Sentinels has so many plot twists that I just checked out, and the latest ones don't do anything but provide an "sure why not" reaction.
Also wish girl characters were written better. So far nearly all of them have only love on their minds while male characters have various more compelling motivations.

Is this the most successful Vanillaware game now? Impressive performance either way, need to get back to it.

I really need to get back to this. Everything about it seems right up my alley, but I started it a few days before TotK released and haven’t touched it since.

Dragon's Crown did a million as of 2017 I think.

damn, another one

backing-you-get-yours.gif

I still need to finish this😩 I’m like halfway through and it’s been years, I’m afraid I won’t remember anything

I bought this but didn't play it, so technically I did help.

I need a holiday from every other life responsibility so I can play through my Pile of Shame before new hardware launches.

This game set a high bar for 2D animation, and I don't see it being surpassed until Vanillaware's next project. Whenever a character changes poses I'm amazed at how seamless it is. I haven't seen any other developer balance skeletal and traditional animation so closely.

I wish everyone would copy their homework.

Saw this was like $17.99 on sale so I decided to scoop it. Not sure when I'll get to it but I have it now.

This game set a high bar for 2D animation, and I don't see it being surpassed until Vanillaware's next project. Whenever a character changes poses I'm amazed at how seamless it is. I haven't seen any other developer balance skeletal and traditional animation so closely.

I wish everyone would copy their homework.

The characters and environments are on another level. Whenever I see a sunset in this game, I die inside.

Back
Top Bottom