• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

News “Klonoa Phantasy Reverie Series” trademark filed by Bandai Namco in the UK

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hope 2022 will finally see the Encore release of 1 & 2,

Oh fuck fuck fuck, please be real, please be real!!!! There's no other platforming series I miss as much as I miss Klonoa!
Are we expecting this to be Lunatea's Veil and Klonoa Wii or something else?
Most likely both but I want GBA games to be thrown in too. They were super fun.

I hope we get the WonderSwan game in there somehow, too. But I'm just glad to see anything Klonoa. Replayed 2 a year or two ago and it holds up amazingly well. I really hope we get a sequel someday.

Feels like this has been in the works for ages. Hope we're finally close to seeing it in action.

i hope something gets announced soon. i feel like we've been getting new klonoa trademarks for like 2 and half years now.

i hope something gets announced soon. i feel like we've been getting new klonoa trademarks for like 2 and half years now.
I guess COVID delayed Namco's plans for Encore series. The last Encore game we got was exactly one year ago. I'm guessing this one was intended to be the next.

Wahoo! Let's hope this gets announced sooner rather than later! So many hints and teases for a while now, so I hope it materializes and comes into fruition soon!

Yeah is 100% Klonoa Encore, i wonder what make them do a collection instead of just the wii game, maybe because there is no other Encore titles (Klonoa is last remaining Encore Trademark)

Or maybe that Baten Kaitos Trademark a while ago was for a similar project to the Encores

Yeah is 100% Klonoa Encore, i wonder what make them do a collection instead of just the wii game, maybe because there is no other Encore titles (Klonoa is last remaining Encore Trademark)

Or maybe that Baten Kaitos Trademark a while ago was for a similar project to the Encores
There was Splatterhouse Encore as well at least, but what would that be, the 360 game?!

There was Splatterhouse Encore as well at least, but what would that be, the 360 game?!
Yes but a Klonoa fan account 2 year ago linked a japanese trademark page that showed the advancment of Klono encore trademark but also the "rejection/suspension" of Splatterhouse and other 2 games

I honestly belive that at first Namco had no establish plans for Encore as a line and than it became "ports of PS2,GC,Wii games"

Maybe they also wanted some 8 bit/16 bit stuff, since the other 2 ips where only in japan with Famicom and Super Famicom Games

Yeah, other Spaltterhouse games are too old to be "Encore" titles. "Encore" line so far had games from PS2 generation.
Yes but a Klonoa fan account 2 year ago linked a japanese trademark page that showed the advancment of Klono encore trademark but also the "rejection/suspension" of Splatterhouse and other 2 games
I believe that's because they started to use different names for the games, Klonoa got trademark for something different later. I don't think they scrapped plans for Splatterhouse.

I do hope PS2 era Tekken, Soul Calibur (more specifically 3), Ace Combat and Ridge Racer games get added to the line later.

Yeah, other Spaltterhouse games are too old to be "Encore" titles. "Encore" line so far had games from PS2 generation.

I believe that's because they started to use different names for the games, Klonoa got trademark for something different later. I don't think they scrapped plans for Splatterhouse.

I do hope PS2 era Tekken, Soul Calibur (more specifically 3), Ace Combat and Ridge Racer games get added to the line later.
To me is strange that ips like Time Crisis or Pac Man World Havel gotten no kinds of tradmark for collection or encores titles, they are perfect for the line uo

To me is strange that ips like Time Crisis or Pac Man World Havel gotten no kinds of tradmark for collection or encores titles, they are perfect for the line uo
Pac-Man World might be impossible due to ownership problems Namco is having with Ms Pac-man.

Time Crisis is a light gun game, without the IR pointer Switch might not be the best platform for it to return (it was surprising that it never got a wii entry).

I liked, didn’t love the Wii version of the first game (too breezy), but I’ve always wanted to play the second one so I hope this is finally happening. That new update gives me much more hope.

Oh, this is exciting. I played the original 2 games a bit (didn't own them though so never through all of them) and would love to revisit them. Hopefully they'll be on either Switch or Xbox Series so I can check them out!

With a name like this.. maybe it's more than the Wii remake upscaled as we expected?

I hope it's a complete collection, with 1, 2, the Volleyball game, the GBA titles and the Wii remake then.

With a name like this.. maybe it's more than the Wii remake upscaled as we expected?

I hope it's a complete collection, with 1, 2, the Volleyball game, the GBA titles and the Wii remake then.
Don't forget the WonderSwan entry!

Oh man. We're really getting there now. Yesssss.

In case any fans missed it, the entire official webcomic is available here, but beware spoilers for every game in the series:

Surely a Direct is amogus if these trademarks are popping up faster than Nabbits. Or they're just going to announce it themselves. This feels like an imminent announcement, where ever it'll be.

I'm realaly seeing this as a mobile & Steam game (like Another Eden), people.
Not a single mention of "console" in the UD trademark.

Yes, this is total January direct material.
Fingers crossed. With TGA's a bust, a Jan Direct as opposed to the usual Feb one would be gravy. I'm in withdrawl here!

Encore ensures it's leading on Switch.
Yep. It's one of the few things BN do right on Switch. Naturally expect a Steam release as all but that JP-only word puzzle game was. But all got PS4 and often XBO ports a year or two later. They added online multiplayer in the PS4 and XBO version of Mr. Driller but thankfully added it via a patch in the Switch version at least.

Harada must be slipping if this gets announced as a Switch timed exclusive.
He can't stop everything, might as well let some old ports through. He also let them port some 3DS games. :eek:

Harada must be slipping if this gets announced as a Switch timed exclusive.
I mean, every other Encore game was timed console-exclusive on Switch (with Steam being day 1 in all but one game); Katamary Damacy Reroll, Kotoba no Puzzle: Mojipittan, and Mr. Driller Drill Land. Plus Active Life Outdoor Challenge on Switch is more or less an Encore title, being a Switch-exclusive remaster of a Wii game, just without Encore being used in Japan.

I mean, every other Encore game was timed console-exclusive on Switch (with Steam being day 1 in all but one game); Katamary Damacy Reroll, Kotoba no Puzzle: Mojipittan, and Mr. Driller Drill Land. Plus Active Life Outdoor Challenge on Switch is more or less an Encore title, being a Switch-exclusive remaster of a Wii game, just without Encore being used in Japan.
Go Vacation too kinda.

At first glance I thought they were using the Wii remake design, but it's actually OG Klonoa 1 design.

Intriguing to say the least; Since the introduction of his blue clothes, it's what they most commonly used for everything.

At first glance I thought they were using the Wii remake design, but it's actually OG Klonoa 1 design.

Intriguing to say the least; Since the introduction of his blue clothes, it's what they most commonly used for everything.
Interesting! Great catch there. I'm really curious what this will end up being.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom