• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Fun Club Whatcha Playin’ This Weekend, Fam? |5/17-5/19|

The main thing I'll be playing this weekend is Sea of Stars. My physical Switch copy came the other day and I've put about two hours in so far. Absolutely gorgeous pixel art, amazing music, and the combat is pretty fun so far. The story hasn't really taken off yet but it's got it's own charm.

I may also try to get the rest of the eggs in Animal Well.

I CAN'T DECIDE BETWEEN BUYING RETURNAL OR ANIMAL WELL 😭

Returnal I'm slightly more interested in but I've heard inconsistent things about its PC performance (I have a very good rig but that doesn't necessarily mean its optimized), Animal Well looks like a dope Metroidvania which is right up my alley

Damn, I wanted to finish Another Crab's Treasure this weekend, but life got in the way, as it is wont to do. No chance I'll be able to hunker down in front of my PC now, so it's back to my Switch games. Maybe I can polish off Shakedown Hawaii if I focus on the main quests.

Balatro, wait no I mean FF7R2... I mean Balatro, probably, but also maybe Layton??
Touching: Local Man actually plays Rebirth and finished the first area, being on the cusp of completing chapter 2 after 16 hours of playtime.

I'm exhausted and it's warm, so I'm mostly reading and watching sport this weekend. Already blasted through one 300 page novel and half of a 500 page novel. My book pile gets a little thin after that and I can't afford more at the moment thanks to unemployment, so I'm going to get some more gaming done.

I managed a little Star Ocean The Second Story R yesterday and so I'll pick that up again right now to continue my quest to get through my 2023 backlog and to clear part of the Old RPG Pile.

With Songs of Conquest coming out of Early Access on Monday my plan for this weekend was just keep plugging away on Picross S1 and get some Super Mario Land time in for the return of the Mario site event. However, a couple of social engagements popped up this weekend and I need to get my garden going so I'm not entirely sure I'll get much time today for video gaming. There will be board gaming today so it's still gaming just not the gaming I originally envisioned this weekend.

This whole Junon portion of Rebirth looks absolutely stunning. Games look so good now I feel like that can be hard to achieve! I have legitimately been wowed a couple of times in the last couple hours. I’m not even playing on my good TV, Jerry!

Sunset Overdrive has been fun revisiting, playing it now and seeing where Insomniac went next with Spidey you can see little bits and pieces in Sunset (Also, never realised the main characters voice is the same as Spider-Man)

The PC version came with the DLC as well so I’ll get to that once I beat the main campaign.

Xenoblade Chronicles 3. I'm on Chapter 3 after getting derailed by other games and I've realized I can't take a break from games or else it kills my momentum.

Man. SMTV is kicking my arse. Occasionally, I just have to put down the game to regain some sanity from all the drubbing I'm receiving.

If Persona 5 is swinging and rocking, SMTV is just tense with danger at every corner. There really isn't much humor here. I find myself actually trying to bribe my way out of battles. The shame.

Mainly stitched. I've completed 115 of the games 134 puzzles so far.

I did pick up Balatro and Alba A Wildlife Adventure on sale, looking forward to playing those.
Stitch is lovely, I think I’ve played it almost every day since release. 90-some puzzles done.

I also randomly decided to play Into the Breach again this weekend and it’s re-affirming my consideration as one of the greatest games ever. Time just melts away, just absolutely superb design

Spent the weekend playing Balatro and Animal Well based on recommendations here.

Animal Well was fine, but not for me. Balatro on the other hand - that's an astonishing work of minimal brilliance. Absolutely addicted right now.

For the whole week I've left my Switch beside my bed meaning to play but didn't... Until today!! I've got to play a couple of hours of Tears of the Kingdom and the game just keeps serving and surprising me all the time. It really gave me some energy to take another busy week.

My weekend report - it was awesome! Got to play a ton of games this weekend ultimately. I did finish every song in Love Live School Idol Festival 2 on Master difficulty. I managed to get a fifth healer and even with that I barely cleared Colorful Dreams Colorful Smiles with 3 HP left. That song is menacingly tracked haha. I did beat it on my first try today too which felt extra awesome. I don’t have any big goals left there, but I’ll wrap up the final event, read the song blurbs I haven’t yet, and then otherwise just enjoy the final ten days of it.

As for Stellar Blade, I beat it! On Friday surprisingly! The end of the game was awesome! I loved the space station level and bosses especially the guy who could revive himself and the huge one you take out with the rail gun ultimately. I also really enjoyed the challenge of the final boss fights. I had done basically a 100% playthrough so I was set up well if I wanted to do New Game+. I decided it was now or never and I’m already back at the Great Desert so I’m fairly close to the end and should wrap it up and snag the last two endings soon. That game flies by very quickly if you are only on the critical path and getting New Game+ upgrades. I feel like I got the best ending already, but I’m eager to fight the other final boss which pushed me over the edge to do it.

I actually didn’t spend much time on Stellar Blade after Friday so that left me room to beat Mario Land twice for VolcanicDynamo’s Mario event rerun. I’m kicking around playing Mario Land 2 before I upload my pictures. I also started the Gears 5 Hivebusters DLC I was kicking around recently and I’m halfway through. It’s awesome so far! Really glad it’s nice and linear. I ended on the spinning lava flow ride that reminded me of Shipwreck Rapids at Seaworld which was amazing. Excited to get back and wrap that up soon.

So yeah busy weekend! It rocked. Love Live aside, I should be playing new stuff next weekend. Not sure what yet!

nbGippI.gif

Made it to Chapter 6 in Rebirth! It's a long weekend here in Canada, so I'm hoping to keep on truckin' today.

I rolled credits in Animal Well like I wanted to, then spent the rest of my free time playing retro games. I got out my Odin 2 for the first time in a while, and good golly is that thing a fantastic device. I’m definitely going to be spending more time with it going forward.

Back
Top Bottom