• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Rumour "Nintendo World Championships: NES Edition" for Nintendo Switch rated by ESRB

Which NES games would you guys like to see featured in this collection that wasn't available in any version of NES Remix?
The remaining sports games are a no-brainer for this kind of collection imo.
Mach Rider was probably the most glaring omission in Remix 1 + 2 but I’d love to see what they could do with some more "out there" choices like Mother, Fire Emblem or, as mentioned above, Famicom Detective Club. Not getting my hopes up for that though lol.

Most of my thoughts about this game have revolved around the name. I can understand the rebrand from NES Remix to an extent if they're trying to make this a series that spans multiple consoles, but... I dunno. It's a much longer and clunkier name than if they just stuck with "[X] Remix" for future titles. Not sure if I like it. Of course, this is assuming the game will essentially be NES Remix 1+2+Ultimate with a new coat of paint and not something entirely new that'll catch us by surprise.
I’m thinking the highlight is the focused challenges but remix will be a bonus sub mode.

Also another perk of this naming is it ups the odds of them licensing some third party games for it

Definitely think this will get announced by the end of next week

Quite frankly irresponsible from Pyoro to mislead people about the nature of the announcement. Insiders should aim to be the role models of gaming, not this.
This, I'm fucking TIRED of being treated like an idiot by these so called insiders and especially by Nintendo.
I can't even begin to think what I'm going to do if I have to wait another week for something, stop treating your followers/consumers like TRASH for once.

But it wasn't misleading

What? It's some dude leaking information, not your goddamn older brother

I guess they are trying to insinuate that Pyoro should have realized the "SW" stuff on the cartridge would make people go crazy.

But I mean... it's possible he honestly did not realize this would happen/did not make that connection himself.

Quite frankly irresponsible from Pyoro to mislead people about the nature of the announcement. Insiders should aim to be the role models of gaming, not this.
This, I'm fucking TIRED of being treated like an idiot by these so called insiders and especially by Nintendo.
I can't even begin to think what I'm going to do if I have to wait another week for something, stop treating your followers/consumers like TRASH for once.
I can't tell if you're doing a bit or if you're really that insulted by this.

As a big fan of NES Remix, Im excited for this. I never got NES Remix 2 but based on everything I've heard about it, it's better than the first one.

I remember it having some sort of leaderboard but they are probably going to go even further into that with this. I don't want to hype myself up too much but I'm hoping you get to have mini NWC matches in real time against other people. I mean why adopt the branding if that's not what they are going for? That would add so much replay value.

Not sure how exactly to describe this, but here's a thought that I just had: Since they specifically chose Nintendo World Championships as the title, I'm hoping that the in-game presentation goes all-in on the "you're participating in a Nintendo tournament" theme. It would add just that little bit of extra flavor, if you catch my drift.

Not sure how exactly to describe this, but here's a thought that I just had: Since they specifically chose Nintendo World Championships as the title, I'm hoping that the in-game presentation goes all-in on the "you're participating in a Nintendo tournament" theme. It would add just that little bit of extra flavor, if you catch my drift.
After F-Zero 99’s excellent theming I’d be shocked if it didn’t

what?

gotta be honest, this didnt answer my question of how you drew a line from the NWC NES cartridge to switch 2 lmao. pyoro could post their bare ass on twitter at this point and people would be trying to find a way to link it a switch 2 announcement.

yall gotta chill. you see this new endless ocean game? you get to swim around and learn about fishes. theres probably a lot more different kinds of fish than you realize im having my mind blown. musics nice too. real meditative. good way to chill out. hop off twitter for the weekend. just a suggestion.
I think it’s because SW2 was on the cartridge

Nintendo gave us the best year ever last year

So when they give us the worst year since the Wii U it stings even more

Not completely their fault but they could have given us a bone like a port of WW or TP

Not completely their fault but they could have given us a bone like a port of WW or TP
I can understand that feeling to some degree, even if I can't relate. However, it's also early May right now. They just released a retail game this week, have two more retail first-party games with release dates taking us through June currently, announced a 2025 game in the form of Pokemon Legends, and still have the undated Metroid Prime 4. Of course, there are third-party games as well. At some point, Nintendo will talk about games planned for the rest of the year.

At this point last year, I believe we'd had two original games and three remasters/remakes released. (Of course, Tears of the Kingdom was about to launch.) In comparison, this year, we've had two original games and two remasters/remakes released. I think the biggest difference so far would be how people feel about those games and the lack of DLC/digital releases (Mario Kart, FE Engage, Xenoblade, and GB/GBA NSO launch compared against Splatoon 3) filling up the schedule.

I think we'll be able to judge 2024 against 2023 better once 2024 is much closer to completion or it's 2025. I think it's going to be quieter by comparison no matter what. Personally, though, it's been a decent year so far from a first-party perspective.

---

EDIT:

Just for fun, I'm going to line up the 2023 and 2024 releases to date that I think are most comparable and point out how Open Critic compares them.

Two original games (2023 vs. 2024):
  • Fire Emblem Engage > Princess Peach Showtime!
  • Bayonetta Origins > Endless Ocean Luminous
Two-to-three remasters/remakes (2023 vs. 2024):
  • Advance Wars 1+2 > Another Code Recollection
  • Kirby's Return to Dream Land Deluxe > Mario vs. DK
  • Metroid Prime Remastered > N/A (most comparable is probably the upcoming TTYD remake or Luigi's Mansion remaster)
This exercise will be more productive once we have a full year's worth of content to compare. For example, TTYD is maybe best compared against Super Mario RPG, which was not released until November. If Metroid Prime 4 releases, I might compare that against Pikmin 4, given both were long-awaited and long-announced games. or TOTK.

Last edited:
0Fhoehf.gif

We're barely 4 months into the year. This kind of behavior is wildly premature; you're judging the whole of 2023 against barely a 3rd of 2024. Plenty of time left for them to "give you a bone"
But we know of all of the games for the first 6 months, and that itself is disappointing

Last year by this time we had several awesome games under our belt, TOTK about to release, and Pikmin 4 on the horizon

My age is starting to catch up on me I think, I'm not sure if this thread is full of sarcasm or if people are serious

I wish people would talk about the game... I guess I might be the only one looking forward to it
I'm excited for it

I wish it was $20 because it would be easier to impulse buy, but maybe something will make it worth the value. But right now I'm mostly thinking about how fun Super Mario Bros 35 was and how it might expand on something like that.

Like others have said, it's May. Hell, it's still the beginning of May. We gotta give it time.

I'm excited for it

I wish it was $20 because it would be easier to impulse buy, but maybe something will make it worth the value. But right now I'm mostly thinking about how fun Super Mario Bros 35 was and how it might expand on something like that.
I actually wasn't too big on Mario 35... but that's probably because in my eyes it was directly competing with Mario Maker 2's online multiplayer, which is, if you can get past the lag in a lot of matches, one of the best online multiplayer experiences ever made

Hopefully MC Horse returns as a fully voiced commentator for all events. Maybe they can team up with some other abandoned characters, like Tingle and Captain Rainbow.

But we know of all of the games for the first 6 months, and that itself is disappointing

Last year by this time we had several awesome games under our belt, TOTK about to release, and Pikmin 4 on the horizon
A reminder that if TotK wasn't delayed one last time, Pikmin and Fire Emblem would be the only major-ish (they're still relatively niche) new releases that we knew of for the first half of that year, with the releases largely being remasters or smaller titles.

In the first half of 2023, pretty much all that was announced before the June direct besides those were
Metroid Prime Remastered
Return to Dream Land Deluxe
Bayonetta Origins
Advance Wars Reboot Camp
And Everybody 1-2 Switch.

Mario Wonder wasn't even announced until June (edit: dunno why I said September, I'm tired) Nintendo can have tricks up their sleeve they save for late in the year.

Last edited:
Hopefully MC Horse returns as a fully voiced commentator for all events. Maybe they can team up with some other abandoned characters, like Tingle and Captain Rainbow.
I love that horse! I took the promo vid they did for Everybody 1-2 Switch and David Lynch’d it for fun -

I can understand the disappointment with the year's line-up to some extent. Nintendo's output peaked early this year; despite their best efforts with games like Endless Ocean and Paper Mario, it seems increasingly unlikely that they'll release anything better than Another Code Recollection this year or the next.

I actually wasn't too big on Mario 35... but that's probably because in my eyes it was directly competing with Mario Maker 2's online multiplayer, which is, if you can get past the lag in a lot of matches, one of the best online multiplayer experiences ever made

It will never not be tragic how laggy MM2 online was because man, when it worked it was some of the most fun I had online in any game ever

This reveal might be the biggest insult by an insider in the past decade. I literally screamed "F YOU" at my screen. I knew they said it wasn't going to be Switch 2 but the hype they created made me think they were just going to surprise us with it anyway. Absolutely unacceptable to do this to us. Once they knew Switch 2 was expected, they should've deleted the tweet.

Edit: I just want to clarify that this is a joke and a copypasta. I have no issues with Pyoro or this game.

Last edited:

While I agree that Mario Maker 2 multiplayer is a blast when lag isn't kicking it (especially with how creative some people have gotten with multiplayer mechanisms in the past few years), I actually found its gameplay loop really different than Super Mario Bros 35!

With Mario Maker 2, its both a race and an attempt to directly sabotage your foes. In a way, its like "what if New Super Mario Bros Wii let you scroll past other people, and also make you want to kill them", which is a pretty great concept imo!

Super Mario Bros 35 on the other hand, actually doesn't entirely reward players for going fast. In fact, I did best taking my time a bit in the early stages: I would pay attention to how my foes were doing, and deliberately target players who were struggling so I could more coins. I can't tell you how many times I nailed someone by giving them a Bowser at the worst time possible! Getting coins is the name of the game so you can save yourself from enemy swarms, not going fast!

Back on the little we know about this leaked game: The ESRB description mentions Speed Run and Survival modes. NWC mode in NES Remix 2 and Speed Mario Bros in Ultimate NES Remix were akin to Speedrun, but I don't remember ANYTHING like a survival mode, so maybe this means we'll have a much greater variety of gameplay styles. This would be especially cool if these modes are online, I can totally see a survival mode working sorta like Super Mario Bros 35!

I wish people would talk about the game... I guess I might be the only one looking forward to it
I’m super curious to see it! And happy it should pop up in under a week. Hoping remix is revived as a third mode in it

Are people really already complaining about the price of a game that they know basically nothing about…?

Anyway, hopefully this is announced soon because it sounds like it’ll be neat. I do wonder what the relation to NES Remix is, too, assuming there even is one.

Are people really already complaining about the price of a game that they know basically nothing about…?

Anyway, hopefully this is announced soon because it sounds like it’ll be neat. I do wonder what the relation to NES Remix is, too, assuming there even is one.
And a price that's entirely speculation from Pyoro making an educated guess.

who is complaining about the price in this thread? i'm the only comment mentioning it as a possible negative and all i said was $30 isn't impulse buy material, but that i'd wait till I saw more about it since we don't know anything about the game. it gets tiring coming onto this site and seeing posts like this that basically just sound like a premature defense of things that didn't even happen.

Quoted by: Tye
And a price that's entirely speculation from Pyoro making an educated guess.
Do we know that it was just an educated guess from Pyoro? Given their track record, I’d expect that to be the actual price unless they’ve specifically stated that it’s just an assumption on their part.

Regardless, it hasn’t been officially announced yet, so things could always change—though I think it’s unlikely in this case because Pyoro always gets their info very close to official announcements, so there’d be little time to change something like this.

Still, I’m getting flashbacks to how people reacted to the initial Everybody 1-2-Switch! leaks, a game that wasn’t officially announced with full details and wouldn’t be for another year, and it went through significant changes in that time as well. (Unfortunately most people’s perception of the game didn’t change from the initial early leaks…)

who is complaining about the price in this thread? i'm the only comment mentioning it as a possible negative and all i said was $30 isn't impulse buy material, but that i'd wait till I saw more about it since we don't know anything about the game. it gets tiring coming onto this site and seeing posts like this that basically just sound like a premature defense of things that didn't even happen.
You were saying you wish it was cheaper and questioning its value without even knowing anything about the game. To be fair you do acknowledge as much, but I don’t understand why you’d be judging the game’s price at all at this point, unless this is just something you think about every game. Like, obviously a game being cheaper is nicer and more easy to “splurge” on, but why say you wish it was $10 cheaper without knowing any actual details about the game?
I think this sounds pretty cool. Though I wish it was $10 cheaper, $20 feels more like splurge material than a $30 game. Maybe something they'll show off will make it worth the price though, after all we don't know anything about the game.
I'm excited for it

Anyway, sorry, I thought there had been multiple people questioning the game’s value here but I guess it was just you both times. Not trying to pick a fight, I just thought it was such an odd thing to comment on without knowing anything about the game.

Regardless, it’s not like there haven’t been others complaining about the game’s existence without really knowing anything about it, too, so I guess my mind kinda lumped in your comments with the others as “complaining” even if yours are less complaining about something and more just questioning the game’s value and wishing it was cheaper…but still, we don’t really know anything about the game yet to be able to determine its perceived value!

You were saying you wish it was cheaper and questioning its value without even knowing anything about the game. To be fair you do acknowledge as much, but I don’t understand why you’d be judging the game’s price at all at this point, unless this is just something you think about every game. Like, obviously a game being cheaper is nicer and more easy to “splurge” on, but why say you wish it was $10 cheaper without knowing any actual details about the game?

Anyway, sorry, I thought there had been multiple people questioning the game’s value here but I guess it was just you both times. Not trying to pick a fight, I just thought it was such an odd thing to comment on without knowing anything about the game.

Regardless, it’s not like there haven’t been others complaining about the game’s existence without really knowing anything about it, too, so I guess my mind kinda lumped in your comments with the others as “complaining” even if yours are less complaining about something and more just questioning the game’s value and wishing it was cheaper…but still, we don’t really know anything about the game yet to be able to determine its perceived value!
Is saying that you wish something was cheaper, but also admitting that you're waiting to get more info on it to see if you're going to buy it, really that bad? Especially when the rest of my comment was extremely positive about the game? We know the game is a remix of NES games, it's not like I'm talking based on nothing.

We've gotten to a point in this site where people literally complain about any little complaint people have about Nintendo .... I literally said in my comment I was waiting for more information. Absolutely annoying.

Quoted by: Tye
Is saying that you wish something was cheaper, but also admitting that you're waiting to get more info on it to see if you're going to buy it, really that bad? Especially when the rest of my comment was extremely positive about the game?

We've gotten to a point in this site where people literally complain about any little complaint people have about Nintendo .... I literally said in my comment I was waiting for more information. Absolutely annoying.
I said it was odd and don’t understand why you’d say that without knowing what the game even is, that’s all. And I admitted that I thought it was multiple people but it was really just you, and your posts kinda got lumped together with others complaining about this game’s existence (instead of something else like Switch successor information, I guess??) in my mind, so my bad for that. Your comments about the price just particularly stood out to me.

Yeah exactly. It can be a pixel perfect remake on the art style of the games, just like F-Zero 99(which apparently took ~3 years to make), be more ambitious than we're all assuming it'll be and so on. I'm personally excited to see it. More experimental and weird Nintendo is the best Nintendo!!

Also imagine if it's another EPD Tokyo effort in the meantime that DK and Mario are cooking!! 😍

Yeah exactly. It can be a pixel perfect remake on the art style of the games, just like F-Zero 99(which apparently took ~3 years to make), be more ambitious than we're all assuming it'll be and so on. I'm personally excited to see it. More experimental and weird Nintendo is the best Nintendo!!
Personally I'm hoping it has better scaling and less use of weird textures than the NES Remix games. As cool as the games are, I hope they go for a more subtle "modernized pixels" look than... this.
nes_remix_2-8.jpg

Generalizing in a thread really doesn't accomplish anything but add hostility when one person was the only one saying something negative.

Besides, money is tight, so I understand people being selective with their choices on what to buy even if it's only $30. We have nothing but a name and a frame of reference from the previous NES Remix for what to expect, so it's only fair for someone who may not have been sold on that previous release to be skeptical until we actually see something.

Generalizing in a thread really doesn't accomplish anything but add hostility when one person was the only one saying something negative.

Besides, money is tight, so I understand people being selective with their choices on what to buy even if it's only $30. We have nothing but a name and a frame of reference from the previous NES Remix for what to expect, so it's only fair for someone who may not have been sold on that previous release to be skeptical until we actually see something.
You’re right, though the alternative to generalizing is to quote all of the posts I’m talking about which is even more likely to cause hostility, which is why I didn’t do that in the first place, but I guess I just shouldn’t have said anything at all. I already apologized for it, anyway. Didn’t stop him from generalizing himself and complaining about “toxic positivity” in another thread clearly in direct response to my post, though. I dunno how pointing out that it’s a bit odd to be questioning the value of an unreleased game at an unconfirmed price in a thread where I’m not even the first to have pointed out how ridiculous some people are being by being upset or complaining about the mere existing of this game that they know nothing about just because it’s not Switch successor news or something else is supposed to be “toxic positivity”. All I’m saying is maybe we should wait for the game to actually be announced before judging it or trying to determine its value. Like I said, I’ve seen this shit happen before with Everybody 1-2-Switch! and to this day many people have had their perception of the game clouded by the early leak and discussions surrounding it to the point that the game was immediately written off by most when it was finally officially announced, and I just hate seeing that whole situation seemingly repeating again with this game. It’s not like I was even telling anyone what to think or that they’re wrong, either, I was just saying…hey, maybe let’s wait until we actually know what this game is before questioning whether it’s worth the rumored price.

Back
Top Bottom