• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST8| Press Your (Nintendo Direct) Luck!

First people need to buy the games it's actually in. WarioWare Get it Together barely passed 1m mark, if anyone loved this lovable bird, they need to show it by boosting that number.
WarioWare Move It hasn't crossed the 1m

First people need to buy the games it's actually in. WarioWare Get it Together barely passed 1m mark, if anyone loved this lovable bird, they need to show it by boosting that number.
That's the goal of our friend leaker, to boost Pyoro's image as a character!

Nintendo doesn't even need to wait until another WarioWare game, just put Bird & Beans on the eShop! A 10+ million seller guaranteed right there

If Pyoro's games are selling badly, then explain this! Checkmate.

The three options I can think of:

1. 7.5, 7th of May (ignore the 3)
2. 3 +7 = 10.5, 10th of May (would be cool if it's this for very personal reasons)
3. "37th of May" = June 6th

Is it one of these? Or none of these?
Yeah, for some reason I'm leaning towards Thursday, June 6th as well purely on gut instinct and some nostalgia for E3 seasons, even if it would have been the following week June 13-16.

That said, I think it was miraculous enough there was a tease from an incidental 1990 NES cartridge to reference 37.5 as May 7th, so calling it for June 6th would indicate to me Pyoro has been messing with the space-time continuum for a bit.

By the by, if Pyoro has Switch 2 information, Nintendo is gonna start looking under their tables at every meeting for a red bird because I dunno how else he could have these kinds of scoops.

By the by, if Pyoro has Switch 2 information, Nintendo is gonna start looking under their tables at every meeting for a red bird because I dunno how else he could have these kinds of scoops.
Remember the days of Mecha Reggie? Maybe Pyoro’s piloting one of the NoJ directors under everyone’s noses 🐦

I’m largely down for whatever on Tuesday. If Pyoro starts tweeting a bunch from here I think we can say a Direct is happening. If it’s just the one tweet it’s either Switch 2 press release, World Championships event getting announced, or an NSO release.

pyoro got me feeling like 🤪

tbh this is probably just NES Tetris and/or Rad Racer coming to NSO tonight?
It's a bit late for an NSO announcement now, isn't it? Could always be this week though.
Personally I'm betting on Nintendo doing a World Championship 2024 thing, and they'll do that since E3 is gone.

The only tweet Pyoro has liked so far in reference to the original tweet is this:

Sure they could have liked it because they found it funny, but I don't think Pyoro would like it if the original tweet was simply hinting at a NWC return.

Would Nintendo get crazy multiple SKUs on launch?

I think in the past they've only done that with Wii U and well... we know how that turned out

The only tweet Pyoro has liked so far in reference to the original tweet is this:

Sure they could have liked it because they found it funny, but I don't think Pyoro would like it if the original tweet was simply hinting at a NWC return.

Is it bad that I'd actually be happy if we finally got a Switch Lite OLED as a final "budget" Switch SKU and that was our SW4? (Of course, I think it would have leaked in some fashion by now, so it's not happening.)

Woah, missed that Pyoro had tweeted. I'd be happy to see a Nintendo Worlds Champion live event again, the one with Mario Maker levels was really fun to watch live.

Of course I'd rather see some Switch 2 news even more

NWC 2024 is actually a battle royale to determine who gets to preorder a Switch 2 for launch day. The reason the system was pushed back to 2025 was because Nintendo needed more time to build the island where Nintendo fans will battle to the death.

Nintendo World Championships 2024 will happen and there will be at least one person who crashes out in the F-Zero 99 round because they never release the accelerator, mark my words.

Ok but actually though if they do that, I could totally see them revealing a brand new track for that on the main stage, the Mystery Tracks have gotten a little bare with 2 of them being upgraded from Mystery Tracks.

Everyone has been sp preoccupied with the bird's word that nobody noticed the updated Wind Waker patent stuff from today (possibly Twilight Princessstuff as well but not sure). I saw one of the Nintendo YouTubers showed all the details. You can find the video on YouTube if you want to seek it out. Maybe we'll get at least one of these Zelda classics brought over to Switch at least.

Everyone has been sp preoccupied with the bird's word that nobody noticed the updated Wind Waker patent stuff from today (possibly Twilight Princessstuff as well but not sure). I saw one of the Nintendo YouTubers showed all the details. You can find the video on YouTube if you want to seek it out. Maybe we'll get at least one of these Zelda classics brought over to Switch at least.
If I found the correct video from today and patent you're talking about, this just seems like it's Nintendo patenting the thing in Tears of the Kingdom where you can make statues out of photos of enemies in the exact pose you took a photo of. The Youtuber just put Wind Waker in the thumbnail because the inventor listed on the patent's first game at Nintendo was Wind Waker HD, and the specific wiki they checked just... didn't list the fact they're credited as Programming Director for TotK.

I could just have the wrong video though, I just looked up "Wind Waker patent" on Google and sorted to only the past month of results and that's what came up.

It could be Pyoro is challenging Furukawa in a Twitter account v Nintendo World Championship, winner takes all, match at the next investors meeting!

If I found the correct video from today and patent you're talking about, this just seems like it's Nintendo patenting the thing in Tears of the Kingdom where you can make statues out of photos of enemies in the exact pose you took a photo of. The Youtuber just put Wind Waker in the thumbnail because the inventor listed on the patent's first game at Nintendo was Wind Waker HD, and the specific wiki they checked just... didn't list the fact they're credited as Programming Director for TotK.

I could just have the wrong video though, I just looked up "Wind Waker patent" on Google and sorted to only the past month of results and that's what came up.

I don't know. I was at work (loud factory) so it was hard to fully pay attention. Seemed like the evidence was solid but who knows. Maybe it's not. It was Mike Odyssey. I always put these videos on just for fun mostly taking anything YouTubers say with a grain of salt since they basically see the same shit we see here. So it's just mindless entertainment for me really. Something to pass the time while at work.

So are we out of the it's-just-NSO danger zone? NSO normally updates while I'm asleep, but I'm awake and I don't see new announcements

So are we out of the it's-just-NSO danger zone? NSO normally updates while I'm asleep, but I'm awake and I don't see new announcements
Yeah if it was NSO us Europeans would've woken up to NoA having tweeted about what games are coming already

They reuse the logo style for some of their game specific tournaments, but those don't really have anything to do with an actual NWC. NWC is a specific mult-game challenge format which is more oriented at promoting Nintendo's lineup than being a "serious" competition.

They reuse the logo style for some of their game specific tournaments, but those don't really have anything to do with an actual NWC. NWC is a specific mult-game challenge format which is more oriented at promoting Nintendo's lineup than being a "serious" competition.
NWC feels more like a 2025 thing if they decide to bring it back

Yeah but those didn't play Bird & Beans.
WarioWare World Championships: Pyoro Edition with the finals being some sort of Bird + Beans gauntlet would be amazing though probably a bit tongue in cheek from a speculation meta perspective

I'm still confused if people talk about this tease being for an tournament event being serious or if it's a running gag ... that's not very funny to begin with.

Miyamoto lives right by Fushimi Inari shrine. (He said that in E3 2015 Direct).

That's why he's so #blessed.

Ok I'm just catching up on the Pyoro stuff and this is crazy!! I honestly didn't make the connection that this could be Switch 2 related at all but reading through this thread has convinced me otherwise (probably setting myself up for disappointment 😂)

This year has been too quiet in terms of announcements so I would love something big right now!!

One reason I'm looking forward to a Direct is because it'll let me know how much time I have to get through my RPGs. It's looking less and less likely there's a traditional July release (c'mon out of the blue casual game to ignite things), so depending on what's cooking, I currently have almost all of summer free of games (bar World of Goo 2). Bodes well for my plans to finish Baldur's Gate 3 and play some more old RPGs.

I'm just catching up on everything from the past couple of days but I have two things to say:

1) I cannot believe we are officially in the new era of Nintendo where they release their games on Thursdays!! Crazy to think we speculated about this when the release dates started to come out and now we are officially in it!

2) I do feel like we can probably rule out the NSO release at this point. I'm not super knowledgeable on the teases Pyoro has done but, from what I normally see, they usually tease the NSO releases very close to them being released on the service. Due to this, I can't really see Nintendo releasing anything on the service today or this weekend (or even really on Monday) which is about the timeline I would give to NSO drops, but obviously, I could be wrong! It probably is a hint towards something Nintendo has prepared for their investors meeting or for next Monday as something they will be doing leading into the meeting that they speak about and point towards that they just revealed a day before. We are so close to this nonetheless so we will know in due time!! :)

Does anyone know the time that the investors meeting does happen? I know traditionally at 3 AM EST, they release the updated financials and charts but is that the time that we'd expect news as well or would we be waiting a little after to hear what they mentioned doing the meeting?

Back
Top Bottom