• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST8| Press Your (Nintendo Direct) Luck!

It is possible that the director of TTYD Remake is Kusakihara. Let's wait for the credits to be confirmed.
It's a remote possibility, but really very unlikely, given Kusakihara hasn't worked on a single Paper Mario title and all his substantial credits are for Fire Emblem games.

It is possible that the director of TTYD Remake is Kusakihara. Let's wait for the credits to be confirmed.
Wouldn't it make more sense for the TTYD Remake to be helmed by the current Paper Mario director (Masahiko Nagaya) than someone who hasn't worked on anything but Fire Emblem?

I mean, if three houses and engage really were in development at the same time, of course the director of one wasn't director on both. They were also credited for art for Three hopes so it's pretty clear they're... Working on the next fire emblem

Carmen Sandiego Trivia Question #1 New
Time Pilots! The moment has arrived to start tracking down Carmen Sandiego and get our Nintendo Direct back! To do so, a series of trivia questions will be asked all month long. The more questions answered correctly, the closer we'll come to apprehending Carmen! Let's get going!

Trivia Question #1
Before The Game Awards, and around the same time that the Spike Video Game Awards launched, there was another awards show on the television network G4. What was the name of it?

Time Pilots! The moment has arrived to start tracking down Carmen Sandiego and get our Nintendo Direct back! To do so, a series of trivia questions will be asked all month long. The more questions answered correctly, the closer we'll come to apprehending Carmen! Let's get going!

Trivia Question #1
Before The Game Awards, and around the same time that the Spike Video Game Awards launched, there was another awards show on the television network G4. What was the name of it?
G-Phoria

Trivia Question #1
I think @Josh5890 has it, but wasn't VGX the same time as Spike Video Game Awards? Or did one succeed the other?

Nintendo is letting them use it and, in exchange, the Switch 2 will be getting Banjo-Threeie as well as a Nuts and Bolts remaster.

Please be kind and don't shatter my dreams.

Imagine a 4K/60 Rare Replay collection for Switch 2 with the Nintendo games added and a nice physical cart and awesome collectable packaging...

God I’m just realizing that after TTYD and Shadow of the Erdtree, there is quite literally nothing for me on the horizon (well, Prime 4, lol). I don’t think that’s been the case in years.

Please Nintendo, have a direct 😭🙏🏻🙏

God I’m just realizing that after TTYD and Shadow of the Erdtree, there is quite literally nothing for me on the horizon (well, Prime 4, lol). I don’t think that’s been the case in years.

Me, having never been a big fan of Paper Mario OR Prime:

mSFkE3r.jpeg

Attention any lurking Retro Studios employees!

If the rumours are true, your Metroid Prime 4 marketing and promotion assets are due this month.

To ensure these assets meet Nintendo’s standard of quality, please DM them to me first so that I may review them before submission.

Thank you.

- Luggage

It's never late to try good games
Oh I've played them and I recognize their quality. I just meant that in terms of what @Phendrift was saying about what exciting games are on the horizon, there isn't really anything I'm terribly jazzed about. I know TTYD has a great reputation but it's probably something I'll pick up later on sale, and my excitement about Prime 4 is gonna depend on whether its gameplay is closer to Prime 1 or 3. But honestly I'm a goober who'd be much more excited about Metroid 6, which is likely a waaaayyys off. 😅

Hmm...this...might be me, too? None of the big players have something I'm dying to play in the second half of the year. (Probably because Nintendo is quiet currently.) But I'm pretty sure my backlog could last me until approximately ten years after my insurance-calculated year of death, so I think I'm set.

I think TTYD is a fantastic game and I'm really happy it's coming to Switch, but I don't think I'll be getting it. I played it all the way through twice since its release and I think that's enough for me. I am notoriously bad at finishing RPGs and I have really bad attention span issues in general so I'm not sure I have another playthrough in me. But I hope it sells well and people playing it for the first time love it!

Honestly, this year is pretty packed for me on Switch, more than last year even. But there's one "far on the horizon" game I'm extremely hyped: Pokémon Legends Z-A. The premise is just so exciting, we might have our own GTA game filled with pokémon! I hope we'll get even a tiny bit of info on the next Direct...

Look, there’s lots to like about this year’s roster of games

But none of that changes the fact that so far Peach and Endless Ocean are the only non remakes

I’m sorry but that alone makes this year less exciting than any year of the Switch except for 2020

We deserve better from Nintendo!

Hmm...this...might be me, too? None of the big players have something I'm dying to play in the second half of the year. (Probably because Nintendo is quiet currently.) But I'm pretty sure my backlog could last me until approximately ten years after my insurance-calculated year of death, so I think I'm set.
Yeah backlog and stuff I missed out on will keep me busy, but it’s weird to have literally nothing dated beyond next month.

Like thinking about it it was a constant barrage of Metroid Dread to Elden Ring to Kirby to Xenoblade 3 to Bayonetta 3 to God of War Ragnarok to Bayo Origins to Zelda TotK to FF16 to Mario Wonder to SMRPG to FF7 Rebirth and now here we are. 2022 and 2023 were really fucking good to me.

Honestly though, Death Stranding II is up there but not as much

Accept your lord and savior the Unicorn Overlord as the Unicorn is lord of all. It will save your 2024. Praise the Unicorn!

It's a pretty bad year as far as my tastes are concerned. TTYD is incredible, being an amazing-looking remake of my all-time favorite game, but that's literally it through the first half of the year for me. Truest example of quality over quantity, I suppose! I just want some more remasters and remakes of classics to get us to Switch 2. Metroid Prime 2 + 3 and WW + TP is all I need, anything else would be gravy.

Metroid DONKEY KONG Metroid DONKEY KONG Kid IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIcarussssssssssssssssssssssssssss METROID DONKEY KONG
METROID DONKEY KONG Kid IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIcarusssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

I suggest watching some tokusatsu if you need to occupy your time while waiting for more Switch announcements

In terms of franchises with no (non-NSO retro console) Switch release whatsoever, it’s Kid Icarus, Rhythm Heaven, and Star Fox. Uprising sold enough that it’s honestly shocking no followup happened.

More sparse franchises like Picross 3D, Pushmo, and Sin & Punishment aren’t there, but that’s more the norm than not. I suppose it’s a bit odd that Dr. Mario and Tetris Attack/Panel de Pon haven’t gotten anything either.

Nintendo’s first party puzzle franchises have sort of been MIA on Switch. Hopefully that’s something they rectify next gen.
I stand by this post. Any of the series I mentioned being in a Direct would be hype as hell.
A new Golden Sun or EarthBound trilogy remakes would be cool too, of course (please I just want Mother 3 to be available in English legally).

honestly more stuff has already released this year that i'm interested in than some entire years

and on top of the couple dated things still left there's still quite a bit of undated stuff i'm interested in that should come out this year like the Suikoden remasters and Age of Mythology: Retold(and I could probably name like 10 more niche undated things that should also be releasing fairly soon i'm varying degrees of interested in such as the upcoming remake of the first Cook, Serve, Delicious game or Bloomtown: A Different Story to name just a couple)

Last edited:

I'm more hype for a different Shadow
c95a0756a78e98e1892a099e3889cad610b31479.gifv

My current hype schedule consists of TTYD, Monkey Ball, and Luigi’s Mansion. TTYD HD and an original Monkey Ball game are two of my most anticipated games of all time, so I’m eating good over the next couple months.

Once the summer hits, though, there’s definitely an empty abyss waiting ahead.

Honestly, this is probably the most bored I've been with Nintendo in over a decade. EPD Tokyo has been MIA since 2017, Donkey Kong and (console) Mario Kart have been MIA since 2014, and pretty much every other franchise I care about is either completely dead or a shadow of its former self. Even the Donkey Kong expansion at Super Nintendo World was delayed!

Thankfully I have other stuff going on in my life so it doesn't affect me that much, but I'm really feeling the drought. The full-priced remasters of games I've already played aren't doing it for me. I'm happy for the people who will get to experience The Thousand-Year Door for the first time, though.

My current hype cycle is just Thousand Year Door, which I've never played and have to prepare for the small chance of disappointment, and me asking myself WHERE'S DMC6 over and over again.

Yeah, it's tough out there. There's nothing to get hyped for!

I'm actually pretty hyped for a lot of things yet to come this year - SMTV:V and Elden Ring DLC alone make the summer fantastic (plus Ender Magnolia). Then in the fall there's Ys X and Metaphor. I would definitely like to see the schedule fill out a bit more post-June, especially for Nintendo obviously, but even if there's not a whole lot more than this I've got plenty to be excited about.

I tend to only get hyped for stuff when it has dates, so it’s really just Trails Through Daybreak (which I am very hyped for) and World of Goo 2 in July and August respectively. When Ys X gets a firm release date, I’ll get properly hyped for it too. I still haven’t watched that 30 minute presentation for Metaphor, so currently my hype is muted there. If Metroid Prime 4 makes it this year, that’s going to shoot up to my most anticipated game for sure.

I tend to only get hyped for stuff when it has dates, so it’s really just Trails Through Daybreak (which I am very hyped for) and World of Goo 2 in July and August respectively. When Ys X gets a firm release date, I’ll get properly hyped for it too. I still haven’t watched that 30 minute presentation for Metaphor, so currently my hype is muted there. If Metroid Prime 4 makes it this year, that’s going to shoot up to my most anticipated game for sure.
In my mind I've just shelved Ys X as "by December-ish" even though it'll probably be much earlier than that, but I totally get you. Having a release date definitely helps - maybe we'll get one during the SGF timeframe especially if it's coming out earlier in the fall/winter.

Look, there’s lots to like about this year’s roster of games

But none of that changes the fact that so far Peach and Endless Ocean are the only non remakes

I’m sorry but that alone makes this year less exciting than any year of the Switch except for 2020

We deserve better from Nintendo!
If this truly is the final year of the Switch before the successor arrives, then I dont know what you mean by us deserving better? Nintendo and their teams clearly are moved on to the new machine and want to make their games make use of the added power, so I feel they have every right to make this year a bit empty to prepare the launch year of the Switch 2. If anything, this shows just how much Nintendo cares about fans and we dont deserve better at all.
Honestly, this is probably the most bored I've been with Nintendo in over a decade. EPD Tokyo has been MIA since 2017, Donkey Kong and (console) Mario Kart have been MIA since 2014, and pretty much every other franchise I care about is either completely dead or a shadow of its former self. Even the Donkey Kong expansion at Super Nintendo World was delayed!

Thankfully I have other stuff going on in my life so it doesn't affect me that much, but I'm really feeling the drought. The full-priced remasters of games I've already played aren't doing it for me. I'm happy for the people who will get to experience The Thousand-Year Door for the first time, though.
The Wii U and especially Gamecube eras were definitely far worse for Nintendo fans. Definitely far more boring as it felt like Nintendo was rarely releasing anything of note, which pretty much explains why those 2 systems were massive failures. I'd say for the final year of the Switch, its much better than the final years of the GC and Wii U for sure, so theres no way this is the most boring year in over a decade!

Third-party and indie support on the Switch is so much better than third-party support was on the WiiU or GameCube that it feels a little ridiculous to say the Switch is having a bad final year.

The WiiU software drought is LAUGHING.

Third-party and indie support on the Switch is so much better than third-party support was on the WiiU or GameCube that it feels a little ridiculous to say the Switch is having a bad final year.

The WiiU software drought is LAUGHING.
The WiiU wishes it had a Monkey Ball game. Well, aside from being able to play all of them except 3D and Splitz.

Back
Top Bottom