• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Sales Data Famitsu Sales: Week 14, 2024 (Apr. 1-7)

www-famitsu-com.translate.goog

【ソフト&ハード週間販売数】3週連続で『プリンセスピーチ』が首位に! 幕末オープンワールドアクションRPG『ライズ オブ ローニン』も好調【4/1~4/7】 | ゲーム・エンタメ最新情報のファミ通.com

ファミ通発表の売上ランキング。今回は2024年4月1日~4月7日のゲームソフト&ハード週間推定販売数まとめをお届け。
www-famitsu-com.translate.goog
www-famitsu-com.

[Software & Hardware Weekly Sales] "Princess Peach" ranks first for 3 consecutive weeks! Bakumatsu open world action RPG “Rise of Ronin” is also doing well [4/1-4/7]​

Sales ranking announced by Famitsu. This time we bring you a summary of estimated weekly game software and hardware sales from April 1st to April 7th, 2024.

"Princess Peach Showtime! " is an action game starring Princess Peach from the " Super Mario" series." series, sales remained strong selling 19,612 units. Cumulative sales have reached 124,432 units, ranking first for three consecutive weeks.

“Rise of the Ronin” ranked third and is a completely new open-world action RPG set in Japan at the end of the Edo period. The strategic combat action is gaining popularity, previous works Nioh and Ninja Gaiden have been well-received for its crunchy action and diverse play elements and sold 12,080 units this week. We can expect continued sales in the future.

There are many other works that are regulars in the top 10 but I would like to focus on the five works that ranked from 6th to 10th. Splatoon3, Nintendo Switch Sports, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Momotaro Dentetsu World and Super Smash Bros. Ultimate all of which are fun to play against and interact with.

Famitsu Sales: Week 14, 2024 (Apr 01 - Apr 07)​

Software​

1st Switch Princess Peach Showtime!
19,612 (total 124,432) -28% / Nintendo / March 22, 2024

2nd Switch Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
13,055 (total 5,781,663 units) +25% / Nintendo / April 28, 2017

3rd PS5 Rise of the Ronin
12,080 (total of 96,865) -40% / Sony Interactive Entertainment / March 22, 2024

4th Switch Super Mario Bros. Wonder
9,898 (total 1,813,645) +21% / Nintendo / October 20, 2023

5th Switch Minecraft
7,464 (total 3,491,021) +13% / Microsoft Japan / June 21, 2018

6th Switch Splatoon 3
6,569 (total 4,270,899) +6% / Nintendo / September 9, 2022

7th Switch Nintendo Switch Sports
6,497 (total 1,306,180) +35% / Nintendo / April 29, 2022

8th Switch Momotaro Dentetsu World: Electric Railway ~The earth revolves around hope! ~
6,189 (total 1,029,313) +17% / KONAMI / November 16, 2023

9th Switch Animal Crossing: New Horizons
6,110 (total 7,735,293) -5% / Nintendo / March 20, 2020

10th Switch Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
5,507 (total 5,481,777) +19% / Nintendo / December 7, 2018

Hardware​

• Switch -7,368 (total 19,763,280)
  • Switch Lite - 9,188 (total 5,802,893)
  • Switch Oled - 55,386 (total 7,014,166)
  • PS5 - 20,269 (total 4,733,271)
  • PS5 DE - 4,707 (total 751,268)
  • Xbox Series X - 1,443 (total 264,117)
  • Xbox Series S - 670 (total 307,116)
  • PS4 - 107 (total 7,925,446)

wDT0NgM.png

Last edited:
72k? in its 8th year? Holy shit what a beast. I'm beginning to think Switch will not start to slow down until every Japanese base Switch owner replace their old console with OLED...

What??? Still chugging along with 70k+…

We are stuck with the original Switch forever.

Somewhere there are 160 million beads of sweat dripping out of Jim Ryan's forehead.

I'm sorry. I had to.

Switch is just that system in Japan where if you are just getting into gaming, you buy a Switch and you pick up these evergreen titles because they still feel relevant even years after their initial releases.

This week is 3rd out of 8 for Switch sales historically...incredibly impressive at this point in the system's lifespan and without a major release this week.

Switch is basically a 90 year old out salsa dancing and I love it. Fucking madness.

Nintendo have hit a hardware/software ecosystem bringing in younger players, replacing old systems and bringing in older players for the first time which seems to be sustainable so far.

It’s a beast.

Mariokart 8 is going to be 10 years old this May, and is still selling better than the majority of brand new titles.

To put this in perspective, it's like if Mariokart Wii was the only Mariokart game, for the duration of the Wii, 3DS, Wii U, and close to the Switch's lifespan and was still out selling pretty much every game.

Turns out Cole was actually beating off switch 2 rumors in the House of Sovereigns.

Can't stop, won't stop

A most welcome surprise to see Rise of the Ronin still going. Good word of mouth about the game actually having sauce seems to be doing it a favor over there as it is elsewhere.

Yea this is crazy numbers !! Switch might get higher in the 150s than i thought. It will only depend on if they keep it on the market or remove it totally soon after the successor releases. It still has a year to go or so. Will be interesting to see what Nintendo's predictions are for this year. Probably around 10 millions i bet.

At this point just release Switch 2 everywhere else and in Japan a year later. They’re clearly fine with what they have now.

I guess it was revealed by ZhugeEX that FF7 Rebirth is selling half as much as FF7R launched aligned.

Square Enix's exclusive games with Sony are definitely operating on the "Fuck Around Find Out Principal" where the more you F around the more you find out. This is just both so sad and satisfying to see it happen. On one hand, FF7 Rebirth is an amazing game that deserves more sales; it's sad to see it sell so low. On the other hand, Square 100% deserves this for constantly handing their games over to Sony.

I guess it was revealed by ZhugeEX that FF7 Rebirth is selling half as much as FF7R launched aligned.

Square Enix's exclusive games with Sony are definitely operating on the "Fuck Around Find Out Principal" where the more you F around the more you find out. This is just both so sad and satisfying to see it happen. On one hand, FF7 Rebirth is an amazing game that deserves more sales; it's sad to see it sell so low. On the other hand, Square 100% deserves this for constantly handing their games over to Sony.
I'm mostly surprised at no PC launch, since it's a huge market in Japan and also a growing one here in the west.

SE got paid, but it doesn't mean much if they're bleeding users. all that money they made has to be funneled into getting those old users back in addition to new users

was thinking about making a thread on this but seeing the other site, it's probably for the best not to

At this point, Square Enix doesn't care what happens with Sony funded projects. They must be doing the numbers if they keep going with it.
good news: thanks to the moneyhats, all the projects are profitable!

bad news: we have bled userbase so all the profit has to go to regaining old base in addition to new users

The decision to make a remake for FFVII into a trilogy exclusive for Sony platforms was taken at a moment in time when the video game market was simply the opposite of what it’s today. The real problem here is that Square has shown no inclinations to try to offset this trend, and is killing its golden goose in the process.

I’ve been following gaming sales since 2008, and opinions on FF’s brand power back then were such that Square Enix was seen as a real kingmaker. Nowadays, not so much.

If you make AAA games you ignore PC (and in this case more specifically Steam) at your own peril, simple as.

At this point, Square Enix doesn't care what happens with Sony funded projects. They must be doing the numbers if they keep going with it.
That won't hold up long term for 2 reasons

1) Sony isn't going to keep money hatting a franchise that costs increasingly more to make that's selling less units and moving less hardware.

2) Losing customers for SE can have a knock on effect for all their non PS funded exclusives.

was thinking about making a thread on this but seeing the other site, it's probably for the best not to
Probably best not to. I think we have enough evidence to show that Square continually taking Sonys money is actively shrinking the Final Fantasy's relevancy and sales potential. People would still flock in to defend the practice though.

Playstation fans on PS2 160M nervous likes crazy 😂
I had the ps2 along with my gamecube back in the day. Its a nice system but Playstation fans love to pretend that the ps2 was popular only for gaming but a portion of those sales numbers for being one of the cheapest dvd players at the time. I knew more people who had the ps2 as a dvd player and had no games for it. Most of them none gamers to like older folks and stuff like that. Even my school had a ps2 as its dvd player when they would roll in the big tv back in the day for us to watch like a civil war movie or something in class or even bill nye lmfao

Last edited:
I’ve been following gaming sales since 2008, and opinions on FF’s brand power back then were such that Square Enix was seen as a real kingmaker. Nowadays, not so much.
Their last big hit was FINAL FANTASY XV and that had all the opportunies in the world that Square has not given Remake, XVI and Rebirth:
  • Released in every single console
  • Had an active development because of free updates
  • DLCs
  • Got a second SKU
  • Got a mobile version that was ported to Switch

I had the ps2 along with my gamecube back in the day. Its a nice system but Playstation fans love to pretend that the ps2 was popular for gaming but a BIG portion of those sales numbers for being one of the cheapest dvd players at the time. I knew more people who had the ps2 as a dvd player and had no games for it. Most of them none gamers to like older folks and stuff like that. Even my school had a ps2 as its dvd player when they would roll in the big tv back in the day for us to watch like a civil war movie or something in class or even bill nye lmfao
Saying the PS2 wasnt popular for gaming is a ridiculous take. Yes a lot of people didnt get it for gaming but the PS2 still was far more popular than its competitors at the time as a gaming device. Lets not forget the PS2 came off of PS1 which sold at least 100 million. Almost everyone I know who games had a PS2.

I had the ps2 along with my gamecube back in the day. Its a nice system but Playstation fans love to pretend that the ps2 was popular for gaming but a BIG portion of those sales numbers for being one of the cheapest dvd players at the time. I knew more people who had the ps2 as a dvd player and had no games for it. Most of them none gamers to like older folks and stuff like that. Even my school had a ps2 as its dvd player when they would roll in the big tv back in the day for us to watch like a civil war movie or something in class or even bill nye lmfao
"The PS2 was only popular because it was a DVD player" is a take so ignorant that calling it asinine would be an understatement.

Yup they can't accept that fact

Yup they can't accept that lie

Their last big hit was FINAL FANTASY XV and that had all the opportunies in the world that Square has not given Remake, XVI and Rebirth:
  • Released in every single console
  • Had an active development because of free updates
  • DLCs
  • Got a second SKU
  • Got a mobile version that was ported to Switch
And yet it was considered a financial money pit whose support had to be cut off, because the entire value proposition of Final Fantasy as a brand hasn’t evolved with the times

Back
Top Bottom